Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:44:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A letter from Avalon  (Read 6303 times)
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 07:54:54 PM

bitsyncom stated those 53 were mailed and had the best chance to get out of the country.
and yes.. most people on this forum were the ones who ordered. i highly doubt at least one forum
member is not in that batch UNLESS it was just to 1-2 large customers who bought many.

I understand you saying this. But again this is just speculation. Even the one in China that was posted wasnt even on this forum.

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wknight
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 07:57:00 PM

https://www.btcguild.com//halloffame.php

Rank   User   Estimated Speed
1   67117   1,471.86 GH/s

the rumor is that is friedcat and his project. nothing to do with avalon.

but please correct me if i am wrong.

I have also speculated on that being ASICMINER and not Avalon.

http://www.btcmu.info/articles/138-1-3-terahash-per-second-user-on-btcguild-pool.html

wknight
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 08:00:43 PM

Anyone can speculate on anything. The problem is when people act like its true and start demanding answers. The facts are clearly stated on Avalons website. Until a certain deadline is not met people really cant scream scam as there is no proof to it.

Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 08:02:01 PM

Very unlikely to be 22 Avalons hashing on one account. Almost surely ASICMiner at this point.

Why is that genius?

Is it unlikely Avalon is mining themselves?
Nemesis

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 08:04:37 PM

http://www.btcmu.info/articles/138-1-3-terahash-per-second-user-on-btcguild-pool.html

If its ASICminer, why dont they solomine? Their project is big enough and they're technical enough to make their own "pool".
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 08:05:59 PM

If its ASICminer, why dont they solomine? Their project is big enough and they're technical enough to make their own "pool".

Guaranteed PPS at this early date might be too tempting. Get the easy money in a predictable manner.
Nemesis

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 08:11:00 PM

Guaranteed PPS at this early date might be too tempting. Get the easy money in a predictable manner.

If its ASIC miner there is no reason for them of not having 10s THs online now. They can test one or 2 units. After that they can power all the rack. Its not like they're assembling 12 units/ day.

Again they're reaching for 10s THs, you would have thought they get their own pool up from start?

Elokane

Activity: 817

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 08:11:20 PM

All partially paid orders from 2012-02-02 have a deadline of 2013-02-13 17:00 EST to complete payment. All orders which have not been paid in full will be refunded to the sending address unless otherwise instructed. Payment instructions can be obtained and return addresses can be given to WalletBit support at http://support.walletbit.com.

Please contact WalletBit support immediately.

How does that help? I've sent you emails, opened support tickets and sent you multiple PMs only to receive no response.

That is a pure lie. Otherwise prove it with a support ticket number. Walletbit has helped at least a dozen people I know with the Avalon Asic order now. Does spread lies.

Why would I lie about this?  Huh
I never even received a confirmation email for the ticket submitted to them. Trying to log in to their system to see the status of the ticket fails. Attempting to change the password fails (I get a new password and trying to log in with it fails).

The only acknowledgement I ever received was in a PM from bob:

"Re: Avalon order
« Sent to: Elokane on: February 08, 2013, 01:07:04 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
Quote  Reply  Delete  
For security reasons we cannot discuss order details on Bitcointalk. Your email should have created a support ticket in our system but if it didn't please submit a ticket to http://support.walletbit.com/ and we will make sure to look into your request."

I answered this one as well and never received a response.

None of my mails to their support email ever received a response. Not even an automated response. Same for the support ticket I created on their site.

I'm fucking sick of dealing with this crap.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 08:23:22 PM

Very unlikely to be 22 Avalons hashing on one account. Almost surely ASICMiner at this point.

Why is that genius?

Is it unlikely Avalon is mining themselves?

I do indeed believe it is unlikely Avalon is mining themselves...unjustifiably arrogant d1ckhead. If they were mining for themselves why in the world would they mine on such a high profile pool and completely trash their reputation? Why not solo mine or at least mine on P2Pool where they could maintain a lower profile? They did say they would not mine on main net...or did you miss that tidbit whilst attacking and insulting everyone you disagree with?

I further believe it is unlikely that one purchaser has in their possession 22+ Avalons and has been connecting them slowly to the network. Therefore I believe it is ASICMiner.

If you have any reasoned points to add then I'd love to hear them, but if you just want to lob your usual petty insults then feel free to STFU.

rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 08:38:33 PM

Really??? This is news to me. I've had a partial payment open with then, and have received ZERO replies to my Avalon support ticket nor emails. Seriously guys you have like 100-200 people to respond to, 1 day should be plenty to handle this.

All partially paid orders from 2012-02-02 have a deadline of 2013-02-13 17:00 EST to complete payment. All orders which have not been paid in full will be refunded to the sending address unless otherwise instructed. Payment instructions can be obtained and return addresses can be given to WalletBit support at http://support.walletbit.com.

Please contact WalletBit support immediately.

Just wanted to say WalletBit's support has been very helpful and responsive so far and I have had a positive experience with WalletBit.

My comment was directed towards Avalon not Walletbit. So far Avalon has not responded to multiple tickets on their site nor emails. I was merely pointed out that for Avalon to make the statements they did in their letter, while not responding to most people, was both absurd and concerning.

We have ultimately decided not to refund the 0.05-bitcoin partial orders that have resulted from a series of errors,
Avalon's letter also states they will not refund incomplete orders, which is in direct conflict with the statements made by at the start of this thread (and were due to Avalon's technical issues not the customer's). Again it is not professional for them to make these statements and why I've decided to back out.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 09:25:08 PM

Totally confused, what is the purpose of this letter Huh

Frequency

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

COINDER

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 09:36:31 PM

Totally confused, what is the purpose of this letter Huh

Probably means;

before we shipped we weer online 24/7 talking all the time keeping ur asses informed big time ...becourse we must take ur BTCs in batch 2....
But now you all can just go to hell ....

Something like that i think...!!!

COINDER
COINDER
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 04:20:05 AM

^^^^  I agree, I would rather them focus their efforts on shipping Batch #1 and Batch #2 by their deadlines period.  He stated "no news is good news" as we need to take it at face value that they are on schedule and have focused their resources on meeting these goals. 

you're not concerned about the 53 units they said they shipped out by January 28th?  At least 16 days in the mail now and not a peep.

He said that they were attempting to ship out 53 units, and they would know by Feb 2nd if they had "made it out" or not.

I'm guessing that no news is bad news in this case, and they did not in fact make it out.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 09:02:11 AM

Day 24 after shipping: 12 x 24 = 288 units should have shipped by now.
Integ
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1010

!

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 10:02:52 AM

And I have not received even such a letter...  Embarrassed 2 orders, the first was confirmed (!) on February 3, about the second I have only the assurances Walletbit, that everything is OK.

Ecли Bы дaвнo coбиpaлиcь oтпpaвить мнe дeньги, нo бoялиcь пpeдлoжить - y Bac ecть шaнc cдeлaть этo! - гoкc кинyл мeня нa 31248 caтoши!
1NiWhDiKGfyWj4EoJXDLm1J3SXsZSjUCjB (пoлyчeнo, cпacибo! )))
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 11:14:03 AM

And I have not received even such a letter...  Embarrassed 2 orders, the first was confirmed (!) on February 3, about the second I have only the assurances Walletbit, that everything is OK.

Same here,

I've opened a ticket on support.avalon-asics.com the they of the mess, they answered me quickly, but I got no order number no other kind of confirmation apart from a "your order is ok" Smiley

spiccioli
MonsterZero

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 02:18:25 PM

Day 24 after shipping: 12 x 24 = 288 units should have shipped by now.

You are incorrect

................ and everything will be clear then.
This includes also, that the other customers will know when they get their units?
Currently you would have sent about 108 units!

Ah actually, this is probably something I should update, the original plan is to assemble one and send one, of course this isn't working out, we currently have sent a batch of 53 to a different route, as it currently stands, this 53 has the biggest chance to make it out of the country, then we can attempt again if the news make it back to us before Feb 2. which is the deadline for getting things out of the country before CNY.

Honestly, this is probably something we underestimated and I'd like to personally apologize for having similarity with BFL, it is so pathetic. Then again though, since we did originally promise to ship everything out before Feb ends I don't really see a problem with this.

As for new information, we are still dealing with the custom issues I've previously mentioned, but Jeff should receive his units within this week, and everything will be clear then.

You seriously believe that shipping one unit to one customer will make you earn 750k$ in preorders? During the weekend, maybe?

Dude,
It is up to us. He has nothing to believe in. We are the ones to decide if he will get 750K or zero. From what i see here the answer is yes he will sell 500 batch in 20 mins max if the site does not hang:) Let me refresh your memory first batch 300 units was sold for less than 20 minutes or so even though Avalon was about three mounts behind from shipping compared to BTCFPGA and BFL promises

Couldn't have said it better myself, I'm writing up the batch #2 pre-sale thread right now.
Integ
Legendary

!

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 11:30:13 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2013, 11:43:12 PM by Integ

Funny that 2 orders combined into one. I don't like it.

One question, what is the order number from those who had received such a mail?

Ecли Bы дaвнo coбиpaлиcь oтпpaвить мнe дeньги, нo бoялиcь пpeдлoжить - y Bac ecть шaнc cдeлaть этo! - гoкc кинyл мeня нa 31248 caтoши!
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 07:30:45 AM

Funny that 2 orders combined into one. I don't like it.

One question, what is the order number from those who had received such a mail?

I think they are entering the 'old' February 2nd orders into their 'new' ordering system by hand, hence the high order numbers. I have #4077.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
Integ
Legendary

!

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 10:07:33 AM

I think they are entering the 'old' February 2nd orders into their 'new' ordering system by hand, hence the high order numbers. I have #4077.
The order also from 2-3 February?
 It is interesting that received the latest buyers.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: