Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:47:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Exchange Advocacy  (Read 533 times)
hardpantech (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 09:39:50 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2016, 10:45:44 PM by hardpantech

New to the Bitcointalk community, but as a long-time reader about Bitcoin, I thought it might not be a bad idea to share some views about Bitcoin Exchanges. Candidly and personally, though I have been a little put-off by the latent centralization trends in Bitcoin mining - ostensibly, the mining empires of the early adopters - I think Bitcoin Exchanges can serve to provide a profit incentive to getting involved with Bitcoin, regardless of how computationally expensive the mining itself has become, and the hardware for the mining too.

I started reading about the Kraken exchange, shortly ago. I've begun to see albeit a very mild profit in my own exchanges there - have been trying to work out something of a trading system onto the exchange, as so, but there's not yet a lot of clear mathematical proof I could share about that much. I think it's great that Kraken makes currency trading so simple, though.

In reviewing the order books on the exchange - applying the TabTrader app - I've noticed that a lot of the exchanges don't seem to be showing a lot of volume turnover. The 'last trades' list in TabTrader's exchange Watchlist panel provides a nice, convenient metric to that much  - that when the last trade was over an hour ago, it may not be a very fast moving market, one could even say it is then a stagnant market.

Not as though to think in all of a Bitbox, I've noticed that there are some FOREX brokers that offer deposit services for Bitcoin, and such that are available to FOREX traders in the US - such that many brokers are not, perhaps unavailable in the US as due to the new CFD shares, as may be offered by some FOREX brokers in the EU and so on. I'm favoring Profiforex. Of course, there's also TradersWay, both of which are available to FOREX traders in the US.

If I was in the EU, I believe I might look at FXOpen or plus500 as FOREX brokers.

I've found a few books about FOREX at Safari Books Online, such that might serve to explain the nature of capital exchange trading overall, but I wouldn't want to write a book about it here in the forum, of course. My main concern, I believe, is that we need more people trading or the markets all start to grow moss, LoL.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitmarket.net

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 09:55:38 AM

regarding bitcoin CFDs with the forex brokers - watch out for the swap points they charge - they might be very high.

if you want the leverage, usually you should be better off trading bitcoin on the exchanges offering the margin trading.

BitMarket.net- Europe's most advanced cryptocurrency exchange
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: