Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:48:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I caught someone cheating in auction  (Read 4218 times)
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1814
Merit: 2716

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 06:43:23 PM

I have no doubt there are plenty of rich scammers around here, it doesn't mean they are going to stop scamming.
Some of the largest scams I've seen are conducted by accounts that, logically, shouldn't need to scam. But they do.

If you wanted professionalism, you should have publicly stated you were handing an account over to a known scammer.

I gave the account away to a user that did graphics for me on Skype.  This was just after Christmas.  

I had the kaykawa account from July 31 (4:23:35PM) - December 26.

You can obviously tell the difference in the way we speak and that the account was used for graphics services (I absolutely suck at drawing).

The 'alts' connected to that account are all Indian based.  I am from Canada.  This is me (bitrated.com/dogedigital).  I am not Kaykawa and have no involvement in that account from Dec 26 onward.

You're simply trying to play cop and are doing a bad job at it.  

Shame on you ibminer.
You stated yourself that you gave this account over to Nauro on December 26/27th.

At that time, Nauro would have been red flagged by many and would have been highly untrusted.
(most of his negative feedback was posted at the beginning of December, and TomatoCage had linked him to other scammers back in January of 2015)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=403195

You helped him out with a fresh account.

Its asinine to hand over an account to someone who is red flagged for scams.
Shame on YOU!

I didn't sell the account.  I gave it away.  If it was up to me, all account sales would be banned.

I gave it to 'Supers Sonic' on skype.  Also goes by 'Nauro' on bitcointalk.  He did graphics for me in the past and kept hitting me up for work.  I didn't really want to pay him anything, but he was insistent and it was Christmas time, so I told him he could have my account to make money from signature campaign.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's quite ridiculous that I now have to prove myself from these accusations.  

This was why I wanted my first purchase of the account to be private because I don't want any connections to it after I'm done with it and yet  I have to listen to your condescending 'shady' comments.  

I get that you're trying to 'help' the public.  I just really think it could have been handled much better and with actual professionalism.  

I'm part of 3 people that hold over 1000btc in our possession.  A quick look into myself would have led you to the logical realization that I'd have no reason to involve myself in shady behaviour.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ibminer
Legendary

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 06:52:46 PM

I think you should work on your months. It doesn't seem to be one of your strengths.

Where am I going wrong?

Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:03:19 PM

This is beyond stupid.

First off, there are no rules against buying/selling accounts, of which I didn't even do.  Furthermore there are no rules or even suggested action to mark all accounts that are transferred.

There are however specific guidelines for leaving negative trust which you did not follow.  

This guy (who seems to be a kid) was broke, looking to to be hired for services so that he could work honestly and pay back everybody that he owes (which should be personal information).  

He was asking for anything and asked if he could use a spare account to make some money through signature campaigns.

I was at first a bit uneasy about handing an account over to him and had explicitly warned him not to do anything.  However, I never once had a problem with him on his services when I had ordered graphics from him (when I didn't see any type of accusations made against him) and he made me a what I believed to be a sincere promise not to (which I believe he kept [all his red trust comes from affiliation]).  

If I had reason to believe that he would use the account solely for malicious purposes, I wouldn't have given it to him.

So unless you want to keep the cop charade up and think that I am this person, I ask that you kindly remove your unwarranted negative feedback on my profile.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:05:30 PM

I think you should work on your months. It doesn't seem to be one of your strengths.

Where am I going wrong?
Yea that is my bad. I was looking at the incorrect account.

Either way, unless you can affirmatively confirm that it is not possible that ownership has changed then I don't think it is appropriate to tag someone as being an alt of a scammer. You can check this via the security log as well as addresses that have been posted in the past.

BabbaD aka superSTAR777 is a lowlife scammer who is generally uneducated and is bad at covering his tracks. He won't be able to scam more then $5 at a time. I'll check for more of his alts later today, although both tomatocage and myself have tagged dozens of his alts. I am fairly confident that dogedigital is not BabbaD because I know with decent certainty that he lives in a different part of the world as well as how each of them act.
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:28:33 PM

I can vouch that Doge Digital is an upstanding member of the Bitcoin community. I have done a plethora of transactions with him over the past few years and he has always been transparent and honest in these dealings.

I fail to see how he should be "shamed" for giving a forum account away for free during the holiday season to help someone out.
ibminer
Legendary

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 07:32:07 PM

I can vouch that Doge Digital is an upstanding member of the Bitcoin community. I have done a plethora of transactions with him over the past few years and he has always been transparent and honest in these dealings.

I fail to see how he should be "shamed" for giving a forum account away for free during the holiday season to help someone out.

I'm surprised at some of the reactions here... are you all failing to see that he gave this free account over to a known scammer?

Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:34:52 PM

Are you serious?  https://i.imgur.com/4CqAz6o.png

What's your deal?  

It's quite clear that you don't have the best intentions of the community at heart.

You're just trying to make this personal.

It's not even close to being a legendary account and I don't even remember if it was Hero at the time.

Furthermore, nowhere did I openly state that I'd continue doing business with him.

You're resorting to lies now to try and embellish your unwarranted accusations?

Blatant trust system abuse IMO.

ibminer
Legendary

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 07:44:00 PM

Furthermore, nowhere did I openly state that I'd continue doing business with him.

You're resorting to lies now to try and embellish your unwarranted accusations?

Blatant trust system abuse IMO.

You are correct, I misread one of your messages... when the scammer asked for your business, you said "Perhaps soon". I've modified my feedback.
I have nothing personal against you except the fact that you are helping out someone that I believe is a scammer.
Based on the positive trades you've had, I'm going to convert it to neutral, but I really don't have a good feeling about you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: