Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:39:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possibility of creating similar "Investor Based Games" subforum for Altcoins  (Read 439 times)
Quartx (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 05:29:01 AM

I was wondering if it would be a better idea to create a Gambling/Investor Based Games subforum inside the Altcoin > Marketplace instead of all of the ponzis clusterf**king inside Service Announcements.. Which in my honest opinion should not be allowed to have "announcements for ponzis" at all.

I wonder if you guys have the same mentality and if we could make this a possibility.

TLDR: "Investor based games" / Scams/ Ponzis are clogging up Service Annoucements inside the Altcoin Marketplace, which is a negative to all the legit altcoin services annoucements

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 07:51:21 AM

Well, you should firstly know that the forum does not 'endorse' altcoins nor focuses on them (this lowers the chance of a possible change a bit). Some of us even consider it just another trashcan section (e.g. me). However, I also dislike ponzi's and they were causing a a similar issue in Bitcoin related sections before they got a separate section. It might be good to pull statistics from page 1 and 2 (e.g. X amount of threads out of Y are ponzis).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Quartx (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 08:15:07 AM

Well, you should firstly know that the forum does not 'endorse' altcoins nor focuses on them (this lowers the chance of a possible change a bit). Some of us even consider it just another trashcan section (e.g. me). However, I also dislike ponzi's and they were causing a a similar issue in Bitcoin related sections before they got a separate section. It might be good to pull statistics from page 1 and 2 (e.g. X amount of threads out of Y are ponzis).

Haha I kinda agree with the trashcan section with the exception of a few promising alts with legit new innovation. I hesitated before starting this thread too, however as meta includes the whole forum in general i decided to just post it anyways. Last I counted yesterday, 32 of the 50 threads on page one were ponzis/scams/investorbased games.

To be honest if I was the mod of altcoins I would simply delete all of them "investor games", but with freedom of speech and free will and how fools are bound to lose their money one way or the other, they are bound to exist. But as someone who was looking for a some altcoin exchanges to sell some coins I was kinda pissed having to crawl through all that bullshit before finding something legit, so I was thinking I am definitely not the only one.

But oh well, alas the final decision belongs to mprep who mods the altcoins marketplace.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 01:05:01 PM

But oh well, alas the final decision belongs to mprep who mods the altcoins marketplace.
No. Mprep can't make up his own rules, that is not how this goes.

Last I counted yesterday, 32 of the 50 threads on page one were ponzis/scams/investorbased games.
That's quite a lot. Maybe they do deserve a separate sub-forum within the marketplace or SA.

To be honest if I was the mod of altcoins I would simply delete all of them "investor games", but with freedom of speech and free will and how fools are bound to lose their money one way or the other, they are bound to exist.
I disagree with the 'freedom of speech' argument, especially when it comes to scams though.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Quartx (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 01:54:52 PM

No. Mprep can't make up his own rules, that is not how this goes.

Ooooo, does that mean that if there is a common consensus than it might be a possibility?

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 02:54:27 PM

Ooooo, does that mean that if there is a common consensus than it might be a possibility?
This means that the staff is not allowed to make up their own rules. Mprep can not create a subforum either. Only theymos can do that. If there is general consensus on adding the section, then it might get added, yes.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
onlinedragon

Merit: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:57:11 PM

Why not place all the high risk Ponzi scheme under one tab with red letters 'High Risk'. They are the most frustrating for all people I was tricked once don't hope to face the same in the future .
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 02:58:25 PM

Gotta love ethereum for all its 'pyramids'.
I don't even browse the Altcoin section, but I can only agree to move them into their own scum scam sub section.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 05:04:22 PM

Why not place all the high risk Ponzi scheme under one tab with red letters 'High Risk'. They are the most frustrating for all people I was tricked once don't hope to face the same in the future .
No. It is not the forums 'duty' to protect people from potential scams. Either disallow them or keep it as it is.

I don't even browse the Altcoin section, but I can only agree to move them into their own scum scam sub section.
Maybe actually name it 'Scam section'? Cheesy

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: