Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:07:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goldman Sachs: "Blockchain - BTC´s underlying tech - could disrupt everything"  (Read 979 times)
LandOwner

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:08:27 PM

If BTC can disrupt Goldman Sachs, that's good. Just another reason to support BTC!
They're not scared yet, but I hope they will be in a few years.
BTC was invented to giver more financial power to the people, the banks will lose.

Bitcoin will not disrupt Goldman Sachs. They are smart. They will adopt the bitccoin and earn more money.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:05:59 PM

At first glance of reading this (and no research on my part), it seems that this quote from Goldman Sachs was probably taking out of context... but just for the sake of conversation, let's just say that this story is true and the tweet is real.

Yes, it is true that people in the banking industry will probably lose jobs in the future do to tech and tech alone... how far this will go up the ladder is up for speculation.

Technology is growing so rapidly it is literally mind boggling to try and keep up with the latest tech and the "next big thing" to be on the market.  The thing is, is while this is always good for the consumer, it is not always best for the *economy*.  For the true anarchist, this is a nice scenario to think of because "CHAOS! L0L"... but the reality is is that unemployment is going to increase, which reduces the # of consumers, which starts slowing down the economy.

So to say that Bitcoins "underlying tech" is going to disrupt everything is just the tip of the iceberg, and people (especially government) need to start waking up to this inevitable reality.  The big question that needs to be answered by government is, "how do we ensure the citizens well being once their jobs become inapplicable?"

While I personally hate the big banks (or banks in general) as much as any one on here... I feel empathy for the workers (not the CEO's of big banks) that work for the sake of needing money.  While Bitcoin has the potential to revolutionize the monetary system and free people from the central banks, we (& government) need to figure out how to deal with the aftermath of such a revolution that could disrupt a way the economy works.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: