Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:50:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Manipulation to induce panic.  (Read 4321 times)
GIANNAT
Legendary

Activity: 1038
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin entrepreneur and Pro Trader

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 06:22:10 PM

They just wanted a red candle.

Fuck me if that is true

Valentine's day? Red candle? Makes sense!

red candle today, green candle tomorrow!

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 01:52:14 AM

This is what $600,000 of profit-taking looks like:

AKA how to make 20% in four hours if you knew when to buy and sell.
ajk
Donator

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 01:55:19 AM

This is what $600,000 of profit-taking looks like:

AKA how to make 20% in four hours if you knew when to buy and sell.

I really doubt this was one person did you even try to use gox during these times, was near impossible to even load up let alone throw in successful orders
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 01:58:12 AM

I really doubt this was one person did you even try to use gox during these times, was near impossible to even load up let alone throw in successful orders
it worked fine for me throughout the crash

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 02:07:58 AM

I never said it was one entity, probably a bunch of people that imagined June 2011 happening all over again:

arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 02:36:10 AM

we're here

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 02:42:37 AM

we're here

The difference is we made a higher high this time.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:04:18 AM

price is not the only piece of data. we'd already be sliding into the downtrend if it weren't for the irrational bulls who pushed it up to new highs. the speed of the recovery simply goes to show how hot the flames expanding this balloon are. it's all hot air though. just wait, the knife was the sign...

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 05:38:05 AM

price is not the only piece of data. we'd already be sliding into the downtrend if it weren't for the irrational bulls who pushed it up to new highs. the speed of the recovery simply goes to show how hot the flames expanding this balloon are. it's all hot air though. just wait, the knife was the sign...

Yeah, so I couldn't let this one slide. (no pun intended)

You think we broke three bucks and bounced back because of "irrational bulls"? Listen, everyone was looking for a retrace, even me, and it didn't materialize - not like I thought it would. If there was word ONE that was true about your wish, we wouldn't be trading at 20 PLUS. We'd be at 14 or UNDER.

Seriously, we get a big sell event and it isn't enough to break the uptrend? What does that tell you?

I know what it means to me...

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
ciphermonk

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 05:47:28 AM

Could it have been a dump & pump ?   Grin
arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 06:29:03 AM

Yeah, so I couldn't let this one slide. (no pun intended)

You think we broke three bucks and bounced back because of "irrational bulls"? Listen, everyone was looking for a retrace, even me, and it didn't materialize - not like I thought it would. If there was word ONE that was true about your wish, we wouldn't be trading at 20 PLUS. We'd be at 14 or UNDER.

Seriously, we get a big sell event and it isn't enough to break the uptrend? What does that tell you?

I know what it means to me...

you don't understand. price moves of this magnitude in this short of a time frame are not sustainable. as the price climbs higher and higher, all of those coins bought at $5 and below (less than a year ago, mind you) become REALLY REALLY tempting to take profit on. the price is so high now because as this rally gained steam, asks were pulled higher and higher, skewing the supply. the price is inflated; the huge sell-off is proof of this. $26 was someone's price-point and going higher will continue to trigger more and more of these kinds of sell-offs. the fact that we moved three bucks down and back so quickly indicates to me that there are amateur bulls who will buy at any price, as long as it was lower than what bitcoin was worth yesterday. this is not sound trading. no wonder the price is bubbling up.

the knife was the smart money exiting the stage in response to the growing risk of holding the bag when another big player cashes out. we've reached a top, and smart money will continue to leave, while transferring coins from 'weak' hands to 'strong hands'. this is a good thing, as we need a real correction to this insanity, but it won't leave the BTCUSD rate unscathed. expect a midterm downtrend.

lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 06:31:04 AM

hot air? this is fundamental growth. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=143973.0

And it only becomes tempting to sell if you think we have hit the top. Not many of us around here think that is the case.

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 06:32:32 AM

And it only becomes tempting to sell if you think we have hit the top. Not many of us around here think that is the case.

the knife says at least one of us, if not many, do.

jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1092

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 06:37:09 AM

The knife (read: pig) would have earned at least 10% more in fiat if he had sold slowly at $26

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 06:43:31 AM

that knife was everyone who expected a serious correction. turns out a lot of people did. i imagine the buyers who brought us back up to trend so quickly don't even understand why we might need such a thing and expect continued exponential growth forever (totally sustainable right? just find ten more people, and you get 10% of their earnings, and each of those people find ten people, etc...)

we are easily in bubble territory, and the knife was an exit sign. bulls, you may be right, but tread with caution. we haven't had a red candle on the weekly scale in almost two months.

arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 07:32:16 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2013, 07:46:58 AM by arepo

bearish divergence [in the Rate of Change] shows how the knife affected the price momentum, even though we reached new highs.

jl2012
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 07:47:17 AM

bearish divergence shows how the knife affected the price momentum, even though we reached new highs.

Please make a bigger chart

EDIT: Cherry picking again. Please look at 6-hr and daily charts

arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 11:16:49 AM

Please make a bigger chart

sarcasm?

EDIT: Cherry picking again. Please look at 6-hr and daily charts

6-hr shows even momentum, still contradicting the rising price. and daily chart averages over the v-reversal price action completely. this is the second time you've accused me of cherry picking, and if you're going to trash my analysis so easily i'd appreciate it if you posted a chart yourself showing contradictory data or put any effort into the dialogue at all.

you're not even right. every chart, regardless of scale, shows the same exact data. i picked the largest interval i could without completely losing granularity. the only reason the daily chart doesn't match with my analysis is because it averages across the entire high volatility section of the price action, which is what im trying to comment on.

jl2012
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 06:21:56 PM

No.....just can't read your tiny charts.....

6-hr shows even momentum, still contradicting the rising price. and daily chart averages over the v-reversal price action completely. this is the second time you've accused me of cherry picking, and if you're going to trash my analysis so easily i'd appreciate it if you posted a chart yourself showing contradictory data or put any effort into the dialogue at all.

you're not even right. every chart, regardless of scale, shows the same exact data. i picked the largest interval i could without completely losing granularity. the only reason the daily chart doesn't match with my analysis is because it averages across the entire high volatility section of the price action, which is what im trying to comment on.

At least I would call it inconclusive, but you tend to show the bearish-est one

humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 07:02:46 PM

And those jokers (read: Adam) just got shook so hard their pockets are barren.
It's cool though, don't learn your lesson. More bad advice please!

Also, if you could draw some more arbitrary lines on one indicator to make your case, that would be great. Thanks bro.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████