Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:21:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help from people who can analyse blockchain - re Wave ICO - Possible Scam  (Read 993 times)
icanscript (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 12:07:19 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2016, 12:18:35 PM by icanscript

Hi,

I decided to have a look at investing in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.0 - [PRE-ANN] WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.

Their ICO Address currently has around ~5000 BTC

when I go back through chain, as I assume they are using some form of callback or API, or custom forward to the ICO (which they say is escrowed) I keep coming across the following address.

1FAv42GaDuQixSzEzSbx6aP1Kf4WVWpQUY

Which, Is not new to the scam world. or ICO Scam world for that matter, it also looks as if that address has some timely coincidences with investments into WAVES. As if there was a small split or something.

I would appreciate any help looking at this as we could potentially save lots of people from getting scammed.

Thanks

##############

Look at https://blockexplorer.com/address/3DWBSSAue32YS8PcW2gLs6m52BCCv3UgDA - if you scroll down, there is a 15 BTC deposit, then a 13 BTC deposit.

Same with 1FAv42GaDuQixSzEzSbx6aP1Kf4WVWpQUY - https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/0003dd2b0e9ccb8b - 15 BTC deposit, then 13 BTC Deposit. give or take a few sat.

Does this wallet belong to any service and im just getting mixed up?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:13:25 PM

It looks like most of the money going into the "escrow" address (3DWBSSAue32YS8PcW2gLs6m52BCCv3UgDA) is most likely coming from the same entity. It looks like the entity that is sending most of the money to the above address has at least 2,000 addresses in (one of) their wallet which I would find to be somewhat high for an individual, which would lead me to believe that a single service may be sending to that address. Regardless of if a single service or if a single individual is "investing" in this altcoin, I find it strange that a single entity is sending such a large share of the money to purchase the altcoin.

Has any "escrow" publicly confirmed that the escrow address is in fact controlled by someone who will only release the funds under a certain set of circumstances?
icanscript (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:32:38 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2016, 07:21:27 PM by icanscript

It looks like most of the money going into the "escrow" address (3DWBSSAue32YS8PcW2gLs6m52BCCv3UgDA) is most likely coming from the same entity. It looks like the entity that is sending most of the money to the above address has at least 2,000 addresses in (one of) their wallet which I would find to be somewhat high for an individual, which would lead me to believe that a single service may be sending to that address. Regardless of if a single service or if a single individual is "investing" in this altcoin, I find it strange that a single entity is sending such a large share of the money to purchase the altcoin.

Has any "escrow" publicly confirmed that the escrow address is in fact controlled by someone who will only release the funds under a certain set of circumstances?

With the escrow, I couldn't even find who this was. Apparently TwinWinNerD is the Escrow, Link

It made me wonder whether this was a forward API, like blockchain.info or blockcypher. due to the 7k address' in the wallet. But then I noticed this was only created last september when there was an ore-mine.org scam related to this address also....

Usually forwarding works like... Your address --> Generated Address --> Destination Address and of course there is a small fee involved. but this set up just seems weird. Also I have never known an API to set up an individual wallet (correct me if I am wrong) for a certain API key, its usually just a random address that they have in their db to forward to destination when they see a certain API key.

Thanks for looking into this anyway Quickseller.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 07:49:27 PM

I dont understand the accusation, but I havent looked into it too much.

I can explain how the escrow works maybe that helps:

Waves uses a deamon to accept deposits and every user has a unique deposit address ( never used before too) and once over 1 BTC is confirmed a script sends the BTC to the 3x address that is a coinbase vault deposit address.

icanscript (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:58:06 PM

Waves uses a deamon to accept deposits and every user has a unique deposit address ( never used before too) and once over 1 BTC is confirmed a script sends the BTC to the 3x address that is a coinbase vault deposit address.

I don't believe that is what I am seeing on the blockchain.

I don't think "accounting" was ever completed in bitcoin daemon so surely we would be seeing funds from certain addresses pop up occasionally as change addresses. Why does this 1 address keep showing up 1FAv42GaDuQixSzEzSbx6aP1Kf4WVWpQUY on each transaction on any taint and by clicking back through the tx'es. This is an address previously related to ore-mine.org - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=759702.msg12468840#msg12468840

If it worked the way you have described. You would see a simple send between customer and escrow address and maybe a couple of same addresses as all BTC would be going into one wallet when paid initially.

It less of an accusation than a look into it. Maybe I am wrong. But I want to be sure before I decide to invest for myself and if im not wrong, I do not want people to be scammed out of thousands of BTC. that would hurt the community. Even if you are keeping 5k safe, if they were snipping say 1% or even 5% of every transaction or every other, 5% of 5000 BTC = 250 BTC. I just want to be sure and I think it should be brought up.

sasha35625

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:10:02 PM

I don't think "accounting" was ever completed in bitcoin daemon so surely we would be seeing funds from certain addresses pop up occasionally as change addresses. Why does this 1 address keep showing up 1FAv42GaDuQixSzEzSbx6aP1Kf4WVWpQUY on each transaction on any taint and by clicking back through the tx'es. This is an address previously related to ore-mine.org - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=759702.msg12468840#msg12468840

If it worked the way you have described. You would see a simple send between customer and escrow address and maybe a couple of same addresses as all BTC would be going into one wallet when paid initially.

It less of an accusation than a look into it. Maybe I am wrong. But I want to be sure before I decide to invest for myself and if im not wrong, I do not want people to be scammed out of thousands of BTC. that would hurt the community. Even if you are keeping 5k safe, if they were snipping say 1% or even 5% of every transaction or every other, 5% of 5000 BTC = 250 BTC. I just want to be sure and I think it should be brought up.

all transactions can be checked here https://wavesplatform.com/contract_info
if you find one tx that is not accounted for in the escrow balance (after all the confirmations are complete) we will pay you the amount of that transactions X 10.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 08:11:13 PM

I just looked and I didn't see any TX directly from 1FAv42GaDuQixSzEzSbx6aP1Kf4WVWpQUY or to 1FAv42GaDuQixSzEzSbx6aP1Kf4WVWpQUY. Also that address is freakishly huge, like 320000 transactions on it, must be either an exchange or a gambling site, so I don't really see the issue here. Or are you saying that the waves team is controlling 1FAv42GaDuQixSzEzSbx6aP1Kf4WVWpQUY?

icanscript (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:15:10 PM

I just looked and I didn't see any TX directly from 1FAv42GaDuQixSzEzSbx6aP1Kf4WVWpQUY or to 1FAv42GaDuQixSzEzSbx6aP1Kf4WVWpQUY. Also that address is freakishly huge, like 320000 transactions on it, must be either an exchange or a gambling site, so I don't really see the issue here. Or are you saying that the waves team is controlling 1FAv42GaDuQixSzEzSbx6aP1Kf4WVWpQUY?

No nothing directly... but indirectly 3 or 4 forwards back. it seems to lead to that address often.

They could be controlling this, This could be a forwarding address also. I dont know, I just noticed it a few times when looking back through inputs earlier and I searched it to see it was previously also noted in ore-mine.org.

That's why I have asked people with more experience in these matters look into it, people who can analyse the blockchain better.
icanscript (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:47:32 PM

if you find one tx that is not accounted for in the escrow balance (after all the confirmations are complete) we will pay you the amount of that transactions X 10.

Hi Sasha,

Thanks for your reply,

I'm sure you can understand that you could push the same data through there as you do to the escrow address, that is not proof of anything really.
sasha35625

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:57:23 PM

Hi Sasha,

Thanks for your reply,

I'm sure you can understand that you could push the same data through there as you do to the escrow address, that is not proof of anything really.

You don't have to "prove" anything with bitcoin, are transactions are public. analyze all transactions, if you want. It will help you understand how bitcoin works better.

icanscript (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 10:02:41 PM

Hi Sasha,

Thanks for your reply,

You don't have to "prove" anything with bitcoin, are transactions are public. analyze all transactions, if you want. It will help you understand how bitcoin works better.

Unless I know the senders address, which obviously 3k+ transactions.... Working backwards earlier on 4 transactions I came to the same address 4 times... 1FAv42GaDuQixSzEzSbx6aP1Kf4WVWpQUY,

All transactions are public... but if your using some forwarding system and not being up front we may only be seeing a proportion of these transactions that you wish to show us, the ones to the Escrow Address.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 10:04:55 PM

Please post the transactions then. Also did you consider that someone from that address is investing?what would be the problem with it?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: