Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:31:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NVC killed BTC-E and Coinotron?  (Read 13130 times)
wh00per

Activity: 571
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 09:10:21 PM

Lol... in the meantime all this happens LTC hashrate goes up, so guess who is behind those ddos'es and all those threads  Cool
Is it the 10-20 persons that hold most of the litecoins? No? They must have been ultra pissed that their investment didnt go up, but also scared. Now i really hope that nvc was a joke, for those persons to reveal what they are. If now nvc vanishes, ltc too will drop bellow zero.

Using the same tools to mine NVC and LTC impacts the hashrate on both networks. I can understand the coin hoppers going for the best profitability with minimum configuration changes. In fact, it impacts all networks (BTC, TRC etc) to a lesser extend since the same GPUs are used to mine scrypt, but the configuration changes are not "instant" simple.

If the only NVC exchange goes down, it's not profitable anymore to mine it. However, you can still mine LTC and dump it on Vircurex or somewhere else. With the LTC/NVC rigs, you can't do too much when your avg hashrate is pretty low.

I guess you're thinking too much ..

CSA/cUL Certified Power Distribution Panels - Basic, Switched, Metered. 1-3 phases. Up to 600V. NMC:N4F9qvHz11BHcc4nh1LCJFsrZhA1EWgVwj
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 09:10:23 PM

cough..bullsi..cough

I started mining with  4 5x7970rigs (9.3mh) a few hours after the coin showed up on coinotron for 24 hours.  I have less then 250 nvc.

You only made a bunch if you mined before then....  without getting exact, i think i started mining on the 5th day of the coins life.   when coinotron was at 45hm and diff was at 4.1

so, no you could not mine 10k unless had a huge farm......  or mined in the first 2 days

I got 500 coins with 2 mh/s within the first 16 hours after release of binaries

scammity scammy

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 09:17:11 PM

cough..bullsi..cough

I started mining with  4 5x7970rigs (9.3mh) a few hours after the coin showed up on coinotron for 24 hours.  I have less then 250 nvc.

You only made a bunch if you mined before then....  without getting exact, i think i started mining on the 5th day of the coins life.   when coinotron was at 45hm and diff was at 4.1

so, no you could not mine 10k unless had a huge farm......  or mined in the first 2 days

I got 500 coins with 2 mh/s within the first 16 hours after release of binaries

scammity scammy

It's a scam for sure.

I got banned and censored on BTC-e chat for bringing up the centralization/checkpointing facts about NVC and that 110k premine NVC was sent to BTC-e.

Fucking scam seriously....pisses me off.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 09:22:32 PM

Lol... in the meantime all this happens LTC hashrate goes up, so guess who is behind those ddos'es and all those threads  Cool
Is it the 10-20 persons that hold most of the litecoins? No? They must have been ultra pissed that their investment didnt go up, but also scared. Now i really hope that nvc was a joke, for those persons to reveal what they are. If now nvc vanishes, ltc too will drop bellow zero.

Interesting. You keep mentioning this "10-20 persons" holding most ltc, how did you figure it out, can you share with us? how about people holding btc?

Other than some kind of insider connection w/ btc-e, I can't think of a way to find that information.

If they do exist, how did they get their coins? pre-mining? accepting as bribes? stealing?

If none above, why is that bothering you? If someone mortgaged his house and invested in LTC, he's either a genius or an idiot, only market has the right to reward or punish him,  nobody else should be upset about it.

But using market participants' trust to manipulate the market is simply wrong.
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 09:41:40 PM

Lol... in the meantime all this happens LTC hashrate goes up, so guess who is behind those ddos'es and all those threads  Cool

Interesting. You keep mentioning this "10-20 persons" holding most ltc, how did you figure it out, can you share with us? how about people holding btc?

Other than some kind of insider connection w/ btc-e, I can't think of a way to find that information.

If they do exist, how did they get their coins? pre-mining? accepting as bribes? stealing?

If none above, why is that bothering you? If someone mortgaged his house and invested in LTC, he's either a genius or an idiot, only market has the right to reward or punish him,  nobody else should be upset about it.

But using market participants' trust to manipulate the market is simply wrong.

Lol now im a btc-e insider eh? Shame we dont have a facepalm emoticon here...

Look around you, look on the litecoin forum the most active users, look on this forum how many threads smoothie started ONLY today (dont forget he has a contract with 420 to buy 700$ worth ltc)
I am only some months here on the forums and on btc-e chat, and only from this info i got to that conclusion, i do not have the right to have my own opinion? Smiley

Other than that, nobody can access btc-e, and on the other thread they keep saying "they banned me too" "they censored me too" "i just removed my funds from there"... How the hell? if it isnt to scare the ppl off why is that? I keep asking and asking how to access their chat (by the possibility of there is another link only to the chat) but no reply..
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 09:50:33 PM

Lol now im a btc-e insider eh? Shame we dont have a facepalm emoticon here...

Look around you, look on the litecoin forum the most active users, look on this forum how many threads smoothie started ONLY today (dont forget he has a contract with 420 to buy 700$ worth ltc)
I am only some months here on the forums and on btc-e chat, and only from this info i got to that conclusion, i do not have the right to have my own opinion? Smiley

Let me see if I got you right: you came to the conclusion that "10~20 persons" holding most of the LTCs by counting the most active forum users?  Shocked

wow, genius.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 12:53:59 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2013, 03:49:11 AM by iCEBREAKER

Or maybe you support Germany pre-WW2?
cough cough, Nazi Germany was a fascist regime, they rather disliked communists. But besides that I agree with the sentiment

Godwin in 12 posts.  That escalated quickly!   Grin

BTW the fascist Nazis like commie Stalin just fine when they were dividing up Poland, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molotov%E2%80%93Ribbentrop_Pact

Birds of a centralized authoritarian feather flock together.

The Fabian Zionist backed red-brown alliance never ended, and its NWO goals are coming to fruition in the US and Europe with increasing rapidity.

Unless Bitcoin...

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:45:38 AM

This make me conclude that the LTC is quite manipulated by some party. Maybe someone with botnet is really into LTC and hate NVC.
Why? Because NVC is in strong nature, right? Haha, very interesting. Grin

Have fun in this year. It wil be a drama!
mygodpp

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 02:15:14 AM

site is still down ? Huh
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2013, 04:35:01 AM

This make me conclude that the LTC is quite manipulated by some party. Maybe someone with botnet is really into LTC and hate NVC.

Roll Eyes

pla

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 11:08:41 PM

dont forget he has a contract with 420 to buy 700$ worth ltc

Seriously?  $700 amounts to chump-change.  I personally traded out of that much this week just because I happened to have that much and decided the trend had moved away from LTC as a viable "Bitpenny" proposition (I still think we need one, but LTC has failed for a variety of reasons).  I have no interest or investment in the BS politics of the whole "scene".

People don't scam for $700.  Now if you know of someone going for $700M... Or even $700k worth - Let us know - Until then, just noise in the background.

I don't beg - If I do something to deserve your BTC, you can find my address on the invoice.  Wink
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:28:52 AM

Or because someone doesn't want others to mine- or to allow others to withdraw the coins they already mined. Leaving only their coins to sell.

more or less retired.

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 11:11:23 AM

Seriously?  $700 amounts to chump-change.  I personally traded out of that much this week just because I happened to have that much and decided the trend had moved away from LTC as a viable "Bitpenny" proposition (I still think we need one, but LTC has failed for a variety of reasons).  I have no interest or investment in the BS politics of the whole "scene".

People don't scam for $700.  Now if you know of someone going for $700M... Or even $700k worth - Let us know - Until then, just noise in the background.

I don't see who mentioned or cared about that in here

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 11:15:50 AM

I did, and its not for the amount, but i told about it to give a reason for his bitch-ing
nvm, i dont care anymore im out of all this Grin

EDIT: and never said that smoothie tries to scam anyone
Simran

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 01:05:48 PM

If it's chump-change, please send me $700 worth of coins to either of my addresses:

LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
NVC: 4VbimrRURaCdstXZLYTwAQnnrSsXGV7Wfn

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
pla

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 02:01:44 AM

If it's chump-change, please send me $700 worth of coins to either of my addresses

Uh, yeah, metaphor?  Learn it.

Sure, $700 in LTC starts to get into what we might consider "real" money.  But trying to imply that some elite group of scammers controls the currency because of such a small transaction just doesn't hold water - Unless, of course, you consider me one of "them".   Roll Eyes

In which case... Mwa-hahaha!  Grovel before me, peon, and perhaps I'll toss you a TRC or two for fetching my slippers!   Wink

I don't beg - If I do something to deserve your BTC, you can find my address on the invoice.  Wink
xorxor

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 10:34:47 AM

to stay on the original topic:

coinotron should be back monday/tuesday

i believe BTC-E is under ddos again - can anybody confirm problems ?

fuck deeponion, fuck bitcoincash, all glory to one BITCOIN

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 10:49:42 AM

to stay on the original topic:

coinotron should be back monday/tuesday

has worked for me all day i mean the last 14 hours that ive been up

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:23:56 AM

It's not DDoS, it's CloudFlare problem.

https://twitter.com/CloudFlare/status/308157556113698816
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: