Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:05:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Inexpensive 1400W Power supply  (Read 1903 times)
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 03:57:12 AM

Let me know how I can help test this.  I can get one PSU for starters, but don't want to deal with soldering wires for the very reason you stated.  Breakout board would be super cool to try.

The moment I can get a part number for a card edge connector that can support the wattage;  Ill be drafting up a PCB which will be stupid simple.  Probably make it like the typical breakout boards you see;  maybe with a voltage readout, but probably bare and basic to keep costs down.    Should be able to happen with a simple single sided design, or at the worst with a double sided board.

At first I planned on scavenging the second half from an old AT 16 bit slot;  but its too much work to desolder, etc.... plus, i'm not sure how much wattage you would be able to cram through a connector from the 80's.

if you wanted to solder it properly, you would probably have to have a reflow table set near 200, and use a solder gun (like for automotive) to tin the contacts;  but those boards have THICK ass traces and eat up the heat pretty quick.  The other PSU I soldered to was even worse;  and it was fingers instead of a card-edge.    All the soldered cables, (including the PS_ON line) ended up just not adhering fully.  Removing that connector on the not pictured PSU;  I wasn't able to do because I lack the hot rework station and have no room at my home for one.

Hopefully I have time to revisit this in the next few months.
Working on rewriting my batches, daily life, taking care of my chameleon, trying to keep healthy/not bed ridden and keeping myself fed has been a chore in of itself... lol

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: