Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:02:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: [POLL] Is BTC-e on the borderline of being a scammy site to you?  (Voting closed: February 21, 2013, 09:27:16 PM)
yes - 38 (56.7%)
no - 29 (43.3%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Is BTC-e on the borderline of being a scammy site to you?  (Read 1629 times)
BCMan

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 11:43:47 PM

"dev: premined 110k NVC successfully destroyed 9ffcf4b7c8a2e17a2776f7e8aaa0852ed2a7f80386bfc0d63991aac21dbdfe1e"

BCMan, if you had the ability to comprehend the information available all over this place, you would know better than to argue about things you do not understand.  Perhaps you in fact lack the necessary 'grey matter' ? I suggest that you craft your next response carefully.

Educate yourself or be silent.
I guess you voted yes.
efx

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 11:50:04 PM

Interesting conclusion. Let me know when you've finished spouting nonsense.
BCMan

Activity: 535

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 11:57:03 PM

Interesting conclusion. Let me know when you've finished spouting nonsense.
Explain where I was wrong. I'll read it tommorow carefully, when will be sober.  Tongue Premined coins destroyed, decentralization is a matter of time, peace.
efx

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 12:09:05 AM

"decentralization is a matter of time"Huh? With NVC/PPC?

"Why there's no ltc in your list? Its a scamcoin too?" Several recent threads have been on here that successfully debunk the baseless conspiracy theories. If you wish to bump them, I will be happy to continue the discussion there.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 12:49:36 AM

Pretty heated in here. I voted yes. Of course it looks scammy right now. I haven't been able to get on the site all day. I had a 5 min window earlier and got my few coins off the site, but I had funds transferring and am really wondering where they are at about now. The NVC does look like at shit coin to me. I dont know enough about it to say for sure. Also on btc-e the site looks really generic, someone ahd mentioned it to me on otc and when I looked I was like no way am I sending money off the this dinky little nothing site. So yes it is looking scammy right now. 
efx

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 01:28:26 AM

After talking to dev, I'm not overly concerned any more. They do seem to care about maintaining user trust.  It was down due to ddos and it is now on cloudflare, which will provide some additional overhead.

Also, add 108.162.200.186 btc-e.com to your hosts file. This "dinky little nothing site" happens to be the only exchange so far that covered its users after a 'security breach' (most of them knowingly sold their coins to the 'hacker', too). It was really just the compromised LR API at the root of it.

Even though it's in second place for overall volume to mt. gox, it has so far proven to provide superior customer support.

Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 08:20:24 AM

So the best alternative to trade LTC for anyone that wouldn't touch btc-e now with a 70foot long barge pole is?Huh

Bitrated user: Mick.
Liquid

Activity: 826

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 08:23:18 AM

So the best alternative to trade LTC for anyone that wouldn't touch btc-e now with a 70foot long barge pole is?Huh

+1

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 08:28:21 AM

After talking to dev, I'm not overly concerned any more. They do seem to care about maintaining user trust.  It was down due to ddos and it is now on cloudflare, which will provide some additional overhead.

Also, add 108.162.200.186 btc-e.com to your hosts file. This "dinky little nothing site" happens to be the only exchange so far that covered its users after a 'security breach' (most of them knowingly sold their coins to the 'hacker', too). It was really just the compromised LR API at the root of it.

Even though it's in second place for overall volume to mt. gox, it has so far proven to provide superior customer support.

108.162.200.186 doesn't work for me. That said, I think BitStamp is number two now, (source?)

more or less retired.
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:46:07 PM

I voted No. Also got fed up with all this pointless shitty threads smoothie filled this subforum with.
btc_lurker

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:28:53 AM

BTC-e is completely retard on the ban issue.

Using bots and respecting their artificial limit of one query per second still can get you banned. I'm not fully against the ban, but the huge issue is that you get banned for every kind of access. This means you can no longer access the site, and the support email is a black hole. No email is sent telling the reason for the ban, neither how long will the IP continue banned. There is also the issue regarding dynamic IPs.

All in all, BTC-e please get smarter and change the way your ban behaves. Revoke the API key if you must, but don't act like a robber.

This also applies for every other kind of ban that is possible in BTC-e: the ban should block /only/ the action that caused the ban, not the fucking whole account for any kind of access.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: