Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:27:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $TRA Tetra - Silver Backed Digital Currency (Nuclearcoin Takeover)  (Read 15741 times)
buchaski (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 12:50:07 PM

Why the 1:3 ratio swap? Well we feel the supply in the long term future will limit the coins potential growth and a 1:3 ratio should compensate for any inflation caused to early holders. Currently the marketcap of this coin is less than $4000 which is almost too small for a cryptocurrency. At the time of the swap there will be around 320k in circulation and if the coin can maintain a 10k satoshi price the marketcap will be around $12,000 and for those who just want out this should provide a breakeven or small profit.

It doesn't work this way. It's not going to compensate for anything, you are creating inflation and price will go down 3x(but current holders will get 3x more coins). Don't focus on swaps and marketcaps because its not going to change anything. This coin needs a business model. It's pretty obvious that with the limited resources this community have, you won't develop any groundbreaking features so it's a wise choice to go with some kind of service on top of this coin (like messaging app).

my point was that before the coin was abandoned by the original developer it was trading with a $25k market cap, its currently trading at a $4k marketcap with the coinswap and an active development team then a 12k marketcap is more than reasonable to expect.

the reason for an increase in supply is for things like the messaging app in the future, when we do release that we will go all out to increase its userbase, I'm not saying we will reach the size of facebook but could you imagine if there were 100k coins to distribute round all its users? people psychologically prefer whole numbers and if the scale of the network and applications expands i dont want people dealing with 0.0000's.

Can you explain why your developer thinks the code is poorly written? I'm sure you have an example..  

This source has been done 10x better then a regular shitclone.. So why do you want to swap it? And with an extra premine? Or is it because you need a premine?  Roll Eyes

I don't like the name change either.. Why change names?  Huh

Sorry man, but a premine on a coinswap which is a take-over is a no-go for me..

My advice.. Start building some services and a community first.. Before you think of such drastic, unnecessary measures..

I spoke to him about this beforehand and he is happy to provide examples

the premine is for community projects with full transparency, if you were to see the premine address get withdrawn from without a reason and who it was for then you could go ahead and dump the coin and yell scam but that wont happen. These coins will go to people from the community who get involved and contribute work to features or services around NUC. if its a huge issue then we can give it to an escrow and they can hold the premine and only release coins as required to pay those who contribute.

I get what you mean about not starting fresh but theres the opportunity to do something good here. There are a lot of people who invested 1btc+ and right now they could cash out for about a 10th of that. I'm the only person to try and take this coin in a direction and i doubt anyone else will (unless they buy up as many coins as possible when bagholders dump because no one is taking it anywhere)

I waited all week for this and was hoping for a block explorer and redone ANN with some new graphics.

I do not see the need for new source. Everything has worked perfect so far. POW was smooth, POS is smooth, and the transactions are fast.

Creating a new pre-mined coin over a coin that was pre-mined (possibly dumped by the run away developer) is a no go for exchanges. I can't picture any new exchange adding the new swapped coin. It will sit at nova exchange and be dead.

I vote to keep the name Nuclear. I can't see Nuncius catching on.

The current plans will not get this coin anywhere.

well if im honest that just sounds like you wanted some basic stuff so you could shill and say "look NUC is back from the dead, everyone buy!"
The coins current format doesn't fit the needs of the development path so thats why a switch is better for the long term.

the original dev had a 3500 NUC premine, so lets not get carried away here because thats less than 3btc and 3.5% of the supply, it wasn't a substantial amount to have any real influence on price. When the coin reaches full supply our premine will amount to 10% and at that point most of it will have been distribute into the economy by those we pay for thier services to the coin. As I've said our premine can be held in escrow until its required to pay those who contribute for their service.

Right I like the name Nuclearcoin too  Smiley

i think first interest of nuclearcoin is low supply so no need to change that

Nuclearcoin is a weak name to name a cryptocurrency. it was only used to justify the ridiculous stake rates and say "wow the staking is going nuclear" or whatever. It doesn't say anything about the coin, are we developing a coin that will assist in nuclear energy and technology? no.

If you really really don't like the plan with the coin then sell your bags at a loss and be on your way. If there were any legitimate issues with the plan then i would understand and we could make some changes but everything ive outlined is justified and functional. I'm the only person to have stepped up and tried to get something done so unless you are willing to step up yourself and take the lead then the Nuncius rebrand and development path is here to stay.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Selsonblue

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 01:19:50 PM

Keep name if this is a take over. Dont do a swap. All you need to do is update the ANN, create a Slack, website, and stay active with updates and a full team lineup and this coin explodes.

If you are set on a swap and a name change... just start a different project, but dont affiliate it with a coin with a runaway dev. No one likes this sob story anymore. Its getting old. So dont bring that drama with you.

Best of Luck!

BTW, im willing to do some graphic design work or software testing if needed to get this project started again. Please PM
BAndaNuk3S

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:29:00 PM

Nuncius-WAT Huh coin-swap-WAT Huh

'Nuclearcoin is a weak name to name a cryptocurrency'

wrong !

'Export-restricted RSA encryption source code printed on a T-shirt made the T-shirt an export-restricted munition'

https://wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Munitions_T-shirt_(front).jpg

https://wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Munitions_T-shirt_(back).jpg

https://www.eff.org/press/archives/2008/04/21-34

Roll Eyes
bumbacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:32:28 PM

lol.
seems like a lot of effort just to get yr hands on a pre-mine Smiley
just launch a new coin.

nuc is a winner as is, nice wallet, nice name, the coin supply is not relevant.

another 5k or so blocks of 1000% then 100% pos is going to keep the numbers going up !!

the obvious change that might be useful, is to taper off the hi-pos for longetivity ...
maybe gradual decrease over the next few months or something slowish

--
and please give us some examples of poor code.

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
bumbacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:51:05 PM

- A swap for all current holders at a 1:3 ratio.

- A premine of around 100k coins (explained below)

At the time of the swap there will be around 320k in circulation

100k on top of 960k is only a bit less than 10%

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
Rune
Legendary

Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:02:25 PM

idk a swap into another premine  Huh
Devaluing my percentage of coins a lot. Not sure it is needed
I think this coin just needs more attention brought to it
maybe some giveaways would be good we could fund them with donations. coins are cheap now

If we where gonna do a swap to increase supply id say do a 1:10 with no premine
and lower POS rewards over time

If we are gonna give it a brand change you need a hell of a name and icon.
nac

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:04:40 PM

Also not a fan of making more coins, Seems like a cheap way of improving the market cap. Has anyone put up the .1btc so we can get added on yobit?
blackchopper

Activity: 316
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 06:16:43 PM

After reading the last 10 or so posts... I guess the "community" in the "community takeover" isn't really on-board with the ideas of this takeover plan.

Honestly, if you have a good idea for a coin, create a new one.  You'd probably have more success with a totally new coin vs. all the baggage with this coin.

Developer with a background in Marketing and Promotions.
CHECK OUT PLATINUMBAR XPTX
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:01:53 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2016, 09:16:10 AM by Rumhurius

go and play elsewhere kid.

Leave it like it is.

This simply needs a Blockexplorer, Nodes, a Wallet Update, a functional ANN and a guy in charge.
Only Reason for a 1:1! swap would be to kick the old Dev and his Premine out.
Just in Case he still sits on his Premine.

That would make the Coin even more rare and keeping it as rare as possible is the Way to go anyway.

NucV2: Yes

Total Rebranding and new Premine : No

Xexen4

Activity: 756
Merit: 290

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 07:39:05 PM

how is it possible if no premined 1:1 swapping?
tamara163
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 07:58:03 PM

where to download a working wallet link?
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 08:06:48 PM

How many blocks does NuclearCoin currently have?
nac

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 08:59:52 PM

How many blocks does NuclearCoin currently have?

tamara163
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 09:08:22 PM

where to download wallet ?
links don't work
Rune
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:13:37 PM

where to download wallet ?
links don't work

should work it works for me

https://github.com/bumbacoin/NUC

MAC QT

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5j8d4FSc7draWE3U28tOHhRbEE

WIndows QT

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5j8d4FSc7drd3Z0ZlRPT2ZRMWc
tamara163
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:25:28 PM

I get this when I turn on this link https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5j8d4FSc7drd3Z0ZlRPT2ZRMWc

Rune
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 12:35:08 AM

to use google drive you prob need to already be logged into google or something.
tamara163
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 07:30:59 PM

why not just upload the wallet to mega
nac

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 07:15:20 PM

Why the 1:3 ratio swap? Well we feel the supply in the long term future will limit the coins potential growth and a 1:3 ratio should compensate for any inflation caused to early holders. Currently the marketcap of this coin is less than $4000 which is almost too small for a cryptocurrency. At the time of the swap there will be around 320k in circulation and if the coin can maintain a 10k satoshi price the marketcap will be around $12,000 and for those who just want out this should provide a breakeven or small profit.

It doesn't work this way. It's not going to compensate for anything, you are creating inflation and price will go down 3x(but current holders will get 3x more coins). Don't focus on swaps and marketcaps because its not going to change anything. This coin needs a business model. It's pretty obvious that with the limited resources this community have, you won't develop any groundbreaking features so it's a wise choice to go with some kind of service on top of this coin (like messaging app).

my point was that before the coin was abandoned by the original developer it was trading with a $25k market cap, its currently trading at a $4k marketcap with the coinswap and an active development team then a 12k marketcap is more than reasonable to expect.

the reason for an increase in supply is for things like the messaging app in the future, when we do release that we will go all out to increase its userbase, I'm not saying we will reach the size of facebook but could you imagine if there were 100k coins to distribute round all its users? people psychologically prefer whole numbers and if the scale of the network and applications expands i dont want people dealing with 0.0000's.

Can you explain why your developer thinks the code is poorly written? I'm sure you have an example..  

This source has been done 10x better then a regular shitclone.. So why do you want to swap it? And with an extra premine? Or is it because you need a premine?  Roll Eyes

I don't like the name change either.. Why change names?  Huh

Sorry man, but a premine on a coinswap which is a take-over is a no-go for me..

My advice.. Start building some services and a community first.. Before you think of such drastic, unnecessary measures..

I spoke to him about this beforehand and he is happy to provide examples

the premine is for community projects with full transparency, if you were to see the premine address get withdrawn from without a reason and who it was for then you could go ahead and dump the coin and yell scam but that wont happen. These coins will go to people from the community who get involved and contribute work to features or services around NUC. if its a huge issue then we can give it to an escrow and they can hold the premine and only release coins as required to pay those who contribute.

I get what you mean about not starting fresh but theres the opportunity to do something good here. There are a lot of people who invested 1btc+ and right now they could cash out for about a 10th of that. I'm the only person to try and take this coin in a direction and i doubt anyone else will (unless they buy up as many coins as possible when bagholders dump because no one is taking it anywhere)

I waited all week for this and was hoping for a block explorer and redone ANN with some new graphics.

I do not see the need for new source. Everything has worked perfect so far. POW was smooth, POS is smooth, and the transactions are fast.

Creating a new pre-mined coin over a coin that was pre-mined (possibly dumped by the run away developer) is a no go for exchanges. I can't picture any new exchange adding the new swapped coin. It will sit at nova exchange and be dead.

I vote to keep the name Nuclear. I can't see Nuncius catching on.

The current plans will not get this coin anywhere.

well if im honest that just sounds like you wanted some basic stuff so you could shill and say "look NUC is back from the dead, everyone buy!"
The coins current format doesn't fit the needs of the development path so thats why a switch is better for the long term.

the original dev had a 3500 NUC premine, so lets not get carried away here because thats less than 3btc and 3.5% of the supply, it wasn't a substantial amount to have any real influence on price. When the coin reaches full supply our premine will amount to 10% and at that point most of it will have been distribute into the economy by those we pay for thier services to the coin. As I've said our premine can be held in escrow until its required to pay those who contribute for their service.

Right I like the name Nuclearcoin too  Smiley

i think first interest of nuclearcoin is low supply so no need to change that

Nuclearcoin is a weak name to name a cryptocurrency. it was only used to justify the ridiculous stake rates and say "wow the staking is going nuclear" or whatever. It doesn't say anything about the coin, are we developing a coin that will assist in nuclear energy and technology? no.

If you really really don't like the plan with the coin then sell your bags at a loss and be on your way. If there were any legitimate issues with the plan then i would understand and we could make some changes but everything ive outlined is justified and functional. I'm the only person to have stepped up and tried to get something done so unless you are willing to step up yourself and take the lead then the Nuncius rebrand and development path is here to stay.

Let's get the ANN updated, I also agree we should get the wallet uploaded on mega and move forward with this
Rune
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:06:08 AM

We are all waiting for a update from you buchaski.
What are the new plans for this project?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: