Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:52:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertising Bitcoin : responsibility of the community  (Read 717 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4533

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 10:42:13 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 01:15:19 PM by franky1

Basic:
1. Demand the option to pay with at local businesses and show them the advantages of accepting bitcoin.
2. Take a moment to explain it to a newbie.

Advanced:
3. Host a training for businesses that wish to start taking bitcoin.
4. Print up paper wallets with a little coin and give them away. The paper wallet can include information about bitcoin, links, propaganda, etc.

Crazy:
5. Meet with people to lobby governments and financial institutions. Teach them how to make good bitcoin policy.

this should be what the priorities are, note i changed the numbers from rodeoX original post.

there is no point wasting noobs times teaching them if they find out 5 minutes later, after you left that they cant even buy toilet roll or a banana at a local store using bitcoin.

so think about who you are talking to and why you think they would use bitcoin.. tailor your discussion to how you think they would use it based on what you know about that person. dont try talking about things they wont need to know or wont ever use.

if your just going to blanket discuss bitcoin as a long term hold.. then true noobs who are not in the financial(fiat) business already, wont care much for 'life savings' using something they have not heard of before. so its best to get local stores accepting it first. then the trust of this new thing would be far easier to demonstrate because people will know they can spend it anytime they want in the mid/long term future without worry.

right now alot of noobs have these comments:
* i cant buy food or clothing locally.
* i heard most of the websites where you can buy-in/buy-out gets shut down. i dont want to be left holding something thats too complicated to convert back
* i dont want to be investigated by the SEC/IRS just for the banks informing them that im holding bitcoin. especially if im not doing anything wrong, i dont want to be suddenly suspected of doing something wrong
* i dont even invest in gold or shares so why throw cash at this fluffy thing known as bitcoin

ofcourse i resolved the issues they had. but these were the most common queries people had.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: