Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:12:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My first confirmation is taking way to Effing long!!!  (Read 2223 times)
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 11:21:42 AM

@ OP
How much have you paid as fee/byte and how big was your transaction?
Maybe use a wallet with dynamic fees calculation instead of static?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 11:58:12 AM

It has become clear in the past few months that you cannot rely on the bitcoin network, specially if you want speed.

Until some scaling solution is adopted you should abstain from transact on the network.

Yup. I've taken to converting to doge to move things around. It's quick and low fees too. the BTC network is just too congested (though people will deny this till they are blue in the face).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 12:36:58 PM

Hi all,
Based on past experience, I can predict the first one or 2 people to try to complain about this type of post, so F offf...
My first confirmation is taking way to Effing long!!!

This time, I gave more then the min. required fee, and the transaction still was ignored in a block with over 3,000 transactions.
I Love Bitcoin, but it has serious issues which need to be solved soon.
yes its a serious problem about bitcoin transaction,but i'm sure its rare happen,i'm also ever feel that,and its time for you to knowing that bitcoin is not perfect,sometime bitcoin will give you madness.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 12:53:52 PM

Hi all,
Based on past experience, I can predict the first one or 2 people to try to complain about this type of post, so F offf...

This time, I gave more then the min. required fee, and the transaction still was ignored in a block with over 3,000 transactions.
yes its a serious problem about bitcoin transaction,but i'm sure its rare happen,i'm also ever feel that,and its time for you to knowing that bitcoin is not perfect,sometime bitcoin will give you madness.

It's not really a serious problem. If your transaction has to confirm very quickly for whatever your reason might be, then simply include a fee of 0.0005 - 0.001 BTC and it will be included in the next to be mined block. It's the same with banks. You can use the normal way of sending money from one bank to the other, and you have the high priority way of sending money. It costs you money to do it while normal transactions are free, but the benefit is that the receiver will get the money much sooner.
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 10:27:02 PM

And yet you make the post anyhow?  Why bother?

Bitcoin is much better than credit cards in many situations, but if a new block is required to confirm an "instant" transaction & that block can often take over 20 minutes, then don't you see possible issues?

Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 10:41:35 PM

Last block = Over 30 minutes!
No matter what you say about "my complaints", a 30 minute wait is way to long, wayyyyyyy tooooooooooooooo looooooooooooong, in many situations. 

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4612

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:24:20 PM

Bitcoin is much better than credit cards in many situations

Yes it is.

but if a new block is required to confirm an "instant" transaction & that block can often take over 20 minutes, then don't you see possible issues?

Nope.  As long as that fact is public information so that users that voluntarily choose to use it can make an educated decision.

No matter what you say about "my complaints", a 30 minute wait is way to long, wayyyyyyy tooooooooooooooo looooooooooooong, in many situations.

Then bitcoin shouldn't be used in those situations, but in most situations 30 minutes for a block wouldn't be a problem at all.
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 07:56:50 PM by darewaller

Well, you have to understand the problems of block generations are not exact time gaped recently faced by bitcoins recently and one among them is surely the miners . But anyways you can always pay a higher fees and avoid any long delays to get quicker confirmations by getting our transactions to be included in to next generated block itself..
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 07:51:41 AM

Well, you have to understand the problems recently faced by bitcoins recently and one among them is surely the miners.
There are no 'problems recently faced'. Your statement is false. Unusual block intervals aren't something new.

The BTC network is just too congested (though people will deny this till they are blue in the face).
This is completely false as this is not the case.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:53:59 PM

Well, you have to understand the problems recently faced by bitcoins recently and one among them is surely the miners.
There are no 'problems recently faced'. Your statement is false. Unusual block intervals aren't something new.

-snip-
Hello sir, thanks for the information. The statement I made was based on my sole observations and the problems I faced. Earlier blocks used to be mined faster or maybe just that I was lucky.

I have seen since hours sometimes blocks not getting mined, earlier I never saw. Maybe just a time difference and a co-incidence, sorry if that was wrong.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:00:47 PM

-snip-
Hello sir, thanks for the information. The statement I made was based on my sole observations and the problems I faced. Earlier blocks used to be mined faster or maybe just that I was lucky.

I have seen since hours sometimes blocks not getting mined, earlier I never saw. Maybe just a time difference and a co-incidence, sorry if that was wrong.
Sometimes it's just some BS with the blockchain. You just gotta wait most of the time, one of the poorer aspects of Bitcoin, but an aspect of Bitcoin none the less.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 08:13:50 PM

There is no known solution for this 'problem'. Basically, finding a block also includes a bit of a 'luck' factor. Due to this, there are times where there are very short 'bursts' of blocks, and interval in where there is no block for e.g. 1 hour.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1158

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:21:31 PM

I completely understand how it feels when the confirmation does not occur and you actually need it as soon as possible.
My friend recently suggested to use altcoins like dogecoins if we want 2 minute confirmations. But practically not possible to consider this as a solution.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 09:12:12 PM

My friend recently suggested to use altcoins like dogecoins if we want 2 minute confirmations. But practically not possible to consider this as a solution.
It comes down to the security and orphans at that point. That 2 minute confirmation has incomparable security to a single Bitcoin 10 minute confirmation. In addition, the orphan rates become higher the faster the block interval is.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:49:05 PM

30 Minutes is nothing my friend, I have waited over hours for my transaction get picked. Not just that I paid 0.0003 btc as fees and still took 2 hours to confirm the transaction, so it happens.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 08:11:01 PM

There are over 400,000 blocks mined. You want to draw a broad conclusion from a single block? If you want to draw a valid conclusion, why don't you research historical block times?

Buy & Hold
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 08:27:48 PM

If you want to draw a valid conclusion, why don't you research historical block times?
Isn't it obvious? Because then they would be spending too much time on a single post (hint: Look under his post).

30 Minutes is nothing my friend, I have waited over hours for my transaction get picked. Not just that I paid 0.0003 btc as fees and still took 2 hours to confirm the transaction, so it happens.
This is a common misconception. People think that X fee (as in high) will naturally mean your TX will be labeled as high priority. This is not true as it comes down to the size of the transaction, i.e. satoshi per byte. At the moment, the recommended one is is 40 satoshis/byte.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 09:27:18 PM

Hi all,

Medium/advanced Bitcoin users should always (as habit) take a look at the mempool size before sending txs.
I personally check out https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ and https://tradeblock.com/bitcoin since I always do custom fees.

How much fee did you give? How long did it take to confirm?

All wallets ever should do this automatically, this is not user friendly at all, if we want to make Bitcoin available worldwide, we better start working in ways to automate all of this so the person has to only press "send" and the fee is automatically calculated and set by default, anything else is a failure in terms of user experience. But we are still on the early days so im sure this will get worked on.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 11:48:40 PM

Well I too have had occasional problems getting a timely confirmation, even when paying BTC0.0003.  I pay that when I really want a transaction to get confirmed ASAP.  But, sometimes it just takes longer, it's the nature of the system.  And I usually pay the BTC0.0003 when it's an IMPORTANT transaction.

One above poster mentioned that if speed is really important, then pay by credit card (or whatever).  I agree.  When dealing with Bitcoin, it is best to arrange to have extra time ("slack") as it's a probability thing, no guarantees...
Boosterious

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:38:14 AM

My mempool is at ~1.2 GB and showing 40k unconfirmed transactions. However, keep in mind that most of this is spam:

As long as your fee is adequate you will be fine. Delay will only occur when there is unusual block timing.
so,how big influence of fee to the transaction confirmations?is bigger fee equal with faster transaction confirmation?
glad to hear your explanation,i'm sure people here wondering about this too.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: