Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:32:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Lose all your capital fast, with MatTheCat and his TA 101A!  (Read 85765 times)
MatDerKater

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 12:36:57 AM

Narcissists always think they have good reason for hating others. It's nothing but empty rationalization, especially when you don't give even one good example of what that might be. You are an empty liar.

Funny how a lot of people project their own self loathing out into the world and onto strawmen, and then completely reveal everything that they hate about themselves, via a series of accusations aimed at the strawman, isn't it?

The dollar cost average of the bitcoins I hold are $0 and I still get nervous holding the things.  Don't get nervous holding my silver at all because I know it's going to be a homerun at some point - the only question is how long.  The price of gold should already be at $2200 even within their too low priced manipulated system because it's price is highly correlated to US debt amongst other factors.  That run up in gold would bring silver to at least a 30;1 ratio of around $75.  What other asset exists where you're virtually guaranteed to increase your wealth by at least 4.3x with an eventual market correction, or far higher gains if the bottom drops out of fiat currenices/sovereign debt.

Fact is, for the sharp trader, there are far greater profits to be made in crypto and never mind Bitcoin, what about DASH!? Holy phuck! But 99.9% of all crypto, will one day go to zero, and any rational person will understand that.

One thing about watching Bitcoin so closely, is that it has been a great lesson in how powerful hands can totally boss a market around, this way or that. Regardless to say, the same sort of thing will be going on in the precious metal's markets. I suspect that the price of gold *should* be way way higher than $2000. The Dow is currently around $21K, with stock markets around the world all at ATHs, despite the real economy having ground to a halt and all of these stocks in fundemental P/E terms being way overvalued.

They say that keeping gold price suppressed is vital to protecting the Petrodollar as the global reserve, but the major enemies of the Petrodollar hegemony, Russia and China are stock piling gold and are reckoned to be lying about how much they have (i.e. pretending they have less than they actually do, as the geo-political war games are played out.

I suspect under the Trump presidency, things are going to come to a head. If he gets his way, then the USA, and by default, the entire world, is headed for Big Inflation. Trump is going to build up the military, push for wars, old fashioned Republican style (as opposed to using/creating proxies such as ISIS to achieve geo-political goals as we seen under the Obama admin), and crucially, Trump wants to do a shit ton of infrastructure spending, which means all those QE created USD, will finally start to hit Main Street and we will finally see the BIG inflation that everyone predicted QE would lead to, but which we have yet to witness.

Trump has been quite open about low/negative interest rates being a great way to ramp the US economy and have the US creditors pay for it. The Chinese are well aware of this which is one reason why they are rapidly building up their reserves. China is in a bind. Due to their pegging the CNY to the USD in order to protect their export competitiveness, they are biggest holder of US debt in the world. Debt whose value implodes just as soon as Big Inflation hits. What they gonna do? They can't dump US bonds; that would be the same as all the Chinese miners dumping all their BTC all at once, suicide for both them and Bitcoin. But at the same time, they cannot tolerate the US wiping out the values of their US government bonds through Big Inflation. The fact they are rapidly amassing gold is very telling, as the on asset that will do very well through Big Inflation and/or a collapse in confidence in the USD, is gold.

The writing is on the wall, although it will likely take a while, with a deflationary 'head fake' also being highly likely in the rum up to golds pre-ordained big break out.......Bitcoin, if it still exists when all this shit happens, will likely catch a bid through any Big Inflation event, but the thing with Bitcoin, is that it can be turned off........But the PBOC would never order the Chinese miners to just shut down if they thought that Bitcoin was getting out of hand and undermining thier efforts to control their own currency, would they!?
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 11:14:53 PM

So, I have 2016 gold and silver Britannias and just got some 2017 silver ones when spot was below $17.  The new security imprint thing on the 2017 silver Britannias appear to have the same quality control issues that Canadian coins do now.  They have weird spotting at least on the ones I got, while the 2016 ones didn't seem to have this problem.  Seems like American silver eagles are the most consistent in quality of stuff I've bought.  My advice for silver is either just stick with eagles or buy 10 oz or 1 kilo bullion bars.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
MatDerKater

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 02:27:09 AM

So, I have 2016 gold and silver Britannias and just got some 2017 silver ones when spot was below $17.  The new security imprint thing on the 2017 silver Britannias appear to have the same quality control issues that Canadian coins do now.  They have weird spotting at least on the ones I got, while the 2016 ones didn't seem to have this problem.  Seems like American silver eagles are the most consistent in quality of stuff I've bought.  My advice for silver is either just stick with eagles or buy 10 oz or 1 kilo bullion bars.

So that explains the sudden saltiness towards Bitcoin......u converted from Bitcoin to precious metals way too soon. Precious metals are in the same market phase as Bitcoin was in 2015. Break out may take some time yet, and if either ever sees the sort of gains that we have witnessed in some cryptos recently, then we will be in the midst of a hyperinflationary crash (in which case, the ONLY wealth you will want to own will be real wealth. Not USD, not interest bearing bonds, and not stocks, and certainly not fkn worthless vapourous crypto).

So PMs continue to consolidate post a 5 year bear market, whilst BTC and other choice cryptos are going through the roof.......a guy I know, an early BTC adopter at that, reckons he is going to sell half his BTC at $2K and buy gold instead. Whether he gets his target or not, who knows.

I took a big plunge into gold and silver way back in 2010. Literally seen the value of my investment double, and then come right the fuck back down again and then spend a bit of time underwater. Still underwater on silver. This experience greatly coloured my attitude towards Bitcoin, in that I refused to be a retard 'believer' (I swallowed all the Silver Stacker Kool Aid back in the day). Bitcoin has served it's purpose in that it both resulted in me learning how to read markets properly and also learning the hard way about the nature of counter party risk, and on that note, going by the way you  talk about how corrupt the Bitcoin sphere is, I reckon you definitely must have got burned on Finex. Leaves a very bad taste in the mouth doesn't it? A taste so bad, that you just can't bear to play this game any longer?

talkingleaves

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 03:59:21 AM

Funny how a lot of people project their own self loathing out into the world and onto strawmen, and then completely reveal everything that they hate about themselves, via a series of accusations aimed at the strawman, isn't it?

lol you just described yourself
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 04:28:41 AM

So that explains the sudden saltiness towards Bitcoin......u converted from Bitcoin to precious metals way too soon.

I already told you probably 10 times, first time I messed with gold was going all-in on gold at $420.  As the price of bitcoin turned parabolic on the macro chart, I began to sell some bitcoin for metals, which any sane person would do.  I already posted a picture of my gold receipt in this thread ($1149 spot).  That's as good of a price you're going to get for gold.  I know the metals market just as well as BTC.  When they were naked shorting silver in the west, China wouldn't budge from $17.80ish in the east with a $2 spread.  The western Jew bankers read that signal and decided to not try and push it lower.  Western Jews also decided they don't want a higher spread than $20 in gold either.  The bottom on gold and silver should already be in.

and on that note, going by the way you  talk about how corrupt the Bitcoin sphere is, I reckon you definitely must have got burned on Finex. Leaves a very bad taste in the mouth doesn't it? A taste so bad, that you just can't bear to play this game any longer?

LOL, still continuing your fantasy thinking I lost money on Finex?  I was up 800% in 2016 and withdrew from Finex immediately when the bull market ended (which was before they goxed).  The only thing that infuriates me is that I have no viable exchange to margin trade on now.  Bitmex and Finex are both useless and the fact that Finex is still the market maker for price makes me consider any current price of bitcoin invalid.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 04:39:34 AM

Current shitcoin market:

Are alt coins taking over? What the fuck is going on?

This don't look too good for bitcoin

Nah, the writing was on the wall that with the ETF being rejected, "they" (as MatTheMat refers to) couldn't keep raising it higher and higher and find people to dump their expensive coins on.  What you just discovered is how small and manipulated this entire market really is.  It looks like to me that Digital Currency Group transferred out of BTC and over to Bologniex to pump scamcoins (to find idiots to dump expensive Eth on) and this single entity (including their media outlet mouthpiece Scamdesk) can control the price of all alts at once or if BTC goes up or not.  The bitcoin market is not that big, it's all an illusion.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:23:09 AM

, which any sane person would do
*sigh* no, what you chose for your own reasons is not "what any sane person would do". Explain why it was the right decision, especially in light of current price levels.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 06:28:51 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2017, 06:45:15 AM by r0ach

*sigh* no, what you chose for your own reasons is not "what any sane person would do". Explain why it was the right decision, especially in light of current price levels.

There are two types of people in the world, those who think Bitcoin is somehow guaranteed to succeed (even at 4 TPS) and will become the world reserve currency, and those who believe it has a very slim chance of being the world reserve currency and also has a high chance of failure.  Even if you believe it's some type of amazing invention, the distribution is pretty much terrible with no way to force it onto other people when they can already use things like gold and silver which are superior stores of value and reducers of counter party risk in the first place.  

So I do mess with Bitcoin for gains and a hedge just in case of wider adoption, but I'm not some fool who believes it's guaranteed to succeed, especially with all the technical and scaling problems it has.  If bitcoin doesn't adopt some type of scaling solution, whether that's segwit or something else, it will probably start to hit a wall at $1-2 transactoin fees and fees are already up to like $0.60 now.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 07:32:50 AM

There are two types of people in the world, those who think Bitcoin is somehow guaranteed to succeed (even at 4 TPS) and will become the world reserve currency, and those who believe it has a very slim chance of being the world reserve currency and also has a high chance of failure.  Even if you believe it's some type of amazing invention, the distribution is pretty much terrible with no way to force it onto other people when they can already use things like gold and silver which are superior stores of value and reducers of counter party risk in the first place.  

So I do mess with Bitcoin for gains and a hedge just in case of wider adoption, but I'm not some fool who believes it's guaranteed to succeed, especially with all the technical and scaling problems it has.  If bitcoin doesn't adopt some type of scaling solution, whether that's segwit or something else, it will probably start to hit a wall at $1-2 transactoin fees and fees are already up to like $0.60 now.

All the vitriol, and yet you're basically not far off from many holders anyway.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 08:15:04 AM

gold and silver which are superior stores of value

You would say?

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 08:19:02 AM

Would you say?

You posted a buy the dip chart, although the inflation adjusted numbers and chart scaling are completely bogus.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 08:25:50 AM

Would you say?

You posted the ultimate buy the dip chart, although the numbers aren't quite right...

I think so, in fact I hold PM too, but a trend reversal would take ending the price fixing shenanigans, which is far from likely, given that even the major stackers of physical are taking advantage from it.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 10:11:59 AM

Back when apple was around $100 (before the split) I moved my whole pension fund into a SIPP and went all in. Risky but...

As the price kept going up I kept taking some profits. At the time its the best thing to do in terms of lowering risk. Sure I would be sat on more now I'f id just left it there. A lot more Smiley

Same with bitcoin. I could be sat on millions, but I'm not because the rational thing to do in the face of outsized gains is to take profits. You can never explain why a decision made in the past was right in light of current events, because you can't know the future.

So in the case of both AAPL and BTC, with 100% hindsight it wasn't the right thing to do, but with the information I had at the time it was. I can't regret that.

So from that view I think roach was probably right to take profits. Whether or not they should have been put into metals is a different story Wink

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
MatDerKater

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 11:48:15 AM

So from that view I think roach was probably right to take profits. Whether or not they should have been put into metals is a different story Wink

With all that talk about being 'rational'; in light of all the economic uncertainty, negative interest rates, Brexit/EU, grossly overexpanded equities markets, bond bull market exhausted, etc, etc, I would have thought that you would realise that it is in everyone's interests to have a core position in precious metals.

Precious metals may turn out to be a 'meh' investment within anyone's idea of a reasonable time frame, or they may just save your fkn bacon. It is hard to think the unthinkable until the unthinkable happens, then it all just seems obvious. Trump wants to ramp the US economy at Main street level. All the base money that the banks need to hyperinflate the USD into infinity has already been created through years of QE. All that we are waiting on is the collective political will to open the floodgates. It will likely take a bit of a deflationary 'headfake' to kick things off by raising interest rates, thus crashing both the bonds and the equity markets, to provide both the economic opportunity of potential growth, and to incentive the institutions to start lending wholesale style once again.....but when it does....KABOOM!
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 07:06:55 PM

No, there are 10 types of people, the ones who understand binary and those who don't. Try again without the stupidity. Or not, as you please.

STT
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 1408

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 07:16:50 PM

10 people !   clearly you dont know binary bro  Tongue
1270 is 78.6% retracement of the recent irregular high to low and matches the more regular previous highs. Seems a fair place to mark significance in either holding as a ceiling or passing and establishing above for further gains.

two types of people in the world

https://youtu.be/gH10DQstVt4?t=190

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 07:18:46 PM

Back when apple was around $100 (before the split) I moved my whole pension fund into a SIPP and went all in. Risky but...

As the price kept going up I kept taking some profits. At the time its the best thing to do in terms of lowering risk. Sure I would be sat on more now I'f id just left it there. A lot more Smiley

Same with bitcoin. I could be sat on millions, but I'm not because the rational thing to do in the face of outsized gains is to take profits. You can never explain why a decision made in the past was right in light of current events, because you can't know the future.

So in the case of both AAPL and BTC, with 100% hindsight it wasn't the right thing to do, but with the information I had at the time it was. I can't regret that.

That's a Mat argument. I bought all the way down from the peak 3 years ago, and kept buying. He laughed the whole while. He still is, in spite of the fact that I am sitting on roughly 200% profits and keep making money on the side thanks to the stash I have been accumulating.

The "rational thing" depends on your goals and your ability to predict the future. Mat wants to lose money so he can feel like a victim, and in that regard his actions are perfectly rational. You seem to have a lower risk tolerance than me, so selling more than I would makes sense. I want to make enough money on bitcoin to live on it for the rest of my life, and in light of that selling any appreciable amount beyond what I have planned to reach that end would be idiotic.

So I guess my question to you is, what kind of rationality are you talking about? The kind that is a product of personal emotions, or some objective standard?

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 11:58:55 PM

I want to make enough money on bitcoin to live on it for the rest of my life

Which is pretty damn hard to accomplish when people like the Winklevoss and Roger Ver own so much of it.  They would become the richest people to ever walk the planet by virtue of doing...basically nothing.  The odds of occurring are probably higher than 0%, but not exactly large.  That's just the distribution side of the problem to deal with while also having the technical side.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:02:49 AM

I want to make enough money on bitcoin to live on it for the rest of my life

Which is pretty damn hard to accomplish when people like the Winklevoss and Roger Ver own so much of it.  They would become the richest people to ever walk the planet by virtue of doing...basically nothing.  The odds of occurring are probably higher than 0%, but not exactly large.  That's just the distribution side of the problem to deal with while also having the technical side.
That's a good thing. The less hands the bitcoins are concentrated on the less available on the market the higher the price. Basic supply and demand. We have been over this countless times literally years ago.

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:08:59 AM

Well, congrats to Mat for the MatTheMat reverse indicator working like a champ again.  A call for $1500 was made and now we're looking at a nice $1100 bear market.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: