Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:43:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Lose all your capital fast, with MatTheCat and his TA 101A!  (Read 85765 times)
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 09:14:31 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2016, 11:35:00 AM by MatTheCat

(If the stop gets FU popped, then that will be the short setup that I will take!)

Mat's 3rd attempt to short the halving.  0 for 2 so far, let's toss some more money on the bonfire with a 3rd try.

Ssshhh!

Sit down, shut the fuck up!

Buy-ins that I had at $440, got pulled just a few moments before target was hit, due to Craig Wright - Satoshi Nakamoto reveal. Which may or may not be another hoax, (for some reason, the whole thing still smells of untruth to me), which might send the Bitcoin price crashing, and then the moment news breaks that it was a hoax, might send Bitcoin racing right back in the opposite direction. Bitcoin at the moment is an out and out No Trade for me.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 12:48:09 AM

Ok...seems that Craig Wright being revealed as Bitcoin's 'apparent' creator wasn't such a bearish thing after all....

Probably jumping the gun with this trade as I reckon Bitcoin will lose a buck or two (or three) yet before breaking up.....but I am away to my bed, so I am in right here.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 03:24:55 AM

Ssshhh!

Haha, oh please.  You have a black swan event that wasn't even on the charts occur for a $10 price drop, but like your own admission, it was just the market over-reacting because this changes nothing when we already knew some guy named Satoshi may or may not have control of a big stash of coins.  Nothing much has changed in that regard.  If he is Satoshi, he claimed in the video of having no intention of dumping any coins, so that's positive.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:15:06 PM

Ssshhh!

Haha, oh please.  You have a black swan event that wasn't even on the charts occur for a $10 price drop, but like your own admission, it was just the market over-reacting because this changes nothing when we already knew some guy named Satoshi may or may not have control of a big stash of coins.  Nothing much has changed in that regard.  If he is Satoshi, he claimed in the video of having no intention of dumping any coins, so that's positive.

I would argue that the market wanted to get down to where it got to regardless of the Craig Wright news event. That news event just helped it get there a bit faster no doubt. Absolutely nothing out of the usual ended up happening with Bitcoin due this news event. If it really was a 'bear' event, then Bitcoin would have tanked. That is what I, and no doubt many others were fearful off, but the selling pressure just wasn't there. Just wait until the Aussie tax authorities hit him for a $50 million tax bill, and the only means by which he can pay it is by selling off his Bitcoins...then we will have a bear event.

....next stop, $460s imo:

MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 09:34:21 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2016, 11:07:04 PM by MatTheCat

https://www.tradingview.com/x/LAoO5QYo/

http://az611808.vo.msecnd.net/uploads/57292ba5bb547e24e080dbf8-bfxbtcswaps03052016.PNG

HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 09:42:58 PM

Ssshhh!

He also said the Australian tax office doesn't understand bitcoin, and it's in an ongoing dispute with him about unpaid tax. How many times have I read posts here by people saying they didn't want to sell, but were forced to because they needed the money to pay bills with? If he's legit (and it's a big if) I can picture him saying he had no intention of dumping, but needed the money to settle his dispute with.
iv4n
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1170

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 09:53:45 PM

Ssshhh!

He also said the Australian tax office doesn't understand bitcoin, and it's in an ongoing dispute with him about unpaid tax. How many times have I read posts here by people saying they didn't want to sell, but were forced to because they needed the money to pay bills with? If he's legit (and it's a big if) I can picture him saying he had no intention of dumping, but needed the money to settle his dispute with.

But even if he decide to sell cause he need money to pat taxes, he will not sell all stash at once probably. I don't even know can he sall that amount so easily..
And all that in my opinion is a good thing, he will sell someone will buy and invest, hold... coins will be somewhere around. They will not disappear.

.dice9.win.░░░░▄▄█████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀████▄
░█████▀██▀█████
█████▀█████▀█████
█████▄█████▄█████
████▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄████
░████▄▀█▄█▀▄████
░░▀████▄▄████▀
░░░░▀▀█████▀▀
████
░░░░░░█████████

███████

░░░░▄▄█████▄▄░░█████
░░▄████▀▀████▄
░████▀░░░░▀████
████▄▄█▀█▄▄████
██░░███░░░███░░██
████▀▀█▄█▀▀████
░████▄░░░░▄████
░░▀████▄▄████▀
░░░░▀▀█████▀▀
         ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
     ▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
   ▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄▀
▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░▄▀
 ▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
COIN FLIP
       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀░█
█░░░▀▀▀▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░▀█▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▀▀▄▄░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀
     ▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░░░▀
DICE
      ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄   ▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
█░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░▄▀▀▀░█░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█▀▀▀▄█░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█▀▀▀▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▀▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
   ▀▄▄░░░░█░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
      ▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀░░░░░░░░▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀
TWO DICE
▄█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀ ░░░▄▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▄░░░░▀█▄
▄▀▀█▄▄▀▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░▀▄░░░▀▀▀▀▄▄█▀▀▄
▄█▀▀█▀▄ ░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░ ▀▄░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀█▄
▄▀░░░█░░░▀▄░░░░█░░░░░░░░░ █░░░░▄▀░░░█░░░▀▄
█░░▄▀░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░ ▀▄▄▀░░░░░░▀▄░░█
█░▄▀░░░░░▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄░░░░░▀▄░█
█▀░░▄▄▀▀▀░░ ░▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀ ░░░▀▀▀▄▄░░▀█
▀▄▀▀░░░░░░░   ░░▀▀▀▄░░▄▀▀▀░░      ░░░░▀▀▄▀

ETHEROLL
..PLAY NOW..
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 10:25:29 PM

Ssshhh!

Haha, oh please.  You have a black swan event that wasn't even on the charts occur for a $10 price drop, but like your own admission, it was just the market over-reacting because this changes nothing when we already knew some guy named Satoshi may or may not have control of a big stash of coins.  Nothing much has changed in that regard.  If he is Satoshi, he claimed in the video of having no intention of dumping any coins, so that's positive.

But even if he decide to sell cause he need money to pat taxes, he will not sell all stash at once probably. I don't even know can he sall that amount so easily..
And all that in my opinion is a good thing, he will sell someone will buy and invest, hold... coins will be somewhere around. They will not disappear.

If he's legit (and it's a big if), and he needs money to settle his tax dispute he could have told us he has no intention of dumping to keep the price high. The last thing he would want is the price crashing right before he has to dump. I doubt he could sell all Satoshi's stash all at once (if its his), but the Australian tax office wants a lot of money off him.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2347

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 10:46:36 PM

He wants to raise money from other people (by convincing them he is satoshi) to settle his tax dispute, apparently ... he can't sell his coins because they (him and Kleiman) locked them up in a Seychelles trust.

The tax dispute stemmed from him claiming tens of million of dollars in R&D tax credits (note not avoiding unpaid taxes) by claiming to transfer notional amounts of bitcoins in the tens of millions between companies that he owns, i.e. the transfers were not done on the blockchain but just by producing a document that said Company B now has private keys that Company A once held.

... and that's the tl;dr.

BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 10:58:28 PM

Why should he care about the Australian tax office now he is in UK?
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 11:16:06 PM

UK and Australia have tax information sharing and treaty arrangements ... claiming tax credits for $54 million and skipping the country is not going to win him any friends at the HMRC who got a phone call from some pissed off guys at the ATO

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/the-australian-who-may-have-invented-bitcoin-claimed-to-have-landed-54m-in-taxpayer-funded-rebates-2015-12

He's been moving tens of millions of notional amounts of bitcoins through a web of companies ... I think they will 'care' about him.

BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 08:03:18 AM

UK and Australia have tax information sharing and treaty arrangements ... claiming tax credits for $54 million and skipping the country is not going to win him any friends at the HMRC who got a phone call from some pissed off guys at the ATO

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/the-australian-who-may-have-invented-bitcoin-claimed-to-have-landed-54m-in-taxpayer-funded-rebates-2015-12

He's been moving tens of millions of notional amounts of bitcoins through a web of companies ... I think they will 'care' about him.
So he should just move to a country which has no tax agreements with Australia. It would be way less trouble than to set up all this mess.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 11:05:45 AM

So he should just move to a country which has no tax agreements with Australia. It would be way less trouble than to set up all this mess.
....  assumption being that he set up this mess.

He's opening up lots of doors for the govvy boyz to get inside bitcoin every step of the way, ATO especially so far, making it almost too easy for them.

MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 11:19:23 AM

BTC has taken the symmetrical triangle right to the wire. Nothing to say that it won't break up or down, and put in a new high, or low, which will then go on to form a new limit of a larger triangle here, but which way she is going to go, is a really a coinflip for me at the moment. Looking at Higher timeframes, it has to be said, that BTC is looking pretty bearish right now, which is perhaps one reason why Bitcoin will break up a bit. Wash out all the shorters, and suck in any long gravy train riders for when the real dump comes.

I am currently long on two seperate trades, but if I wasn't, BTC would be in a no trade situation for me right now. Should BTC dump on the break of this triangle, I have my stops set on margin trade, and will adjust target to scratch on solid BTC trade, with emergency Stop Loss down beneath bottom of current range, should this thing really tank.

Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:57:37 PM

I don't care.. new paycheck -> new bitcoins ! Smiley
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 03:15:06 AM

For someone that believes "they" control the markets, you're not very good at figuring out what "they" are doing:

There's around 6-8 million dollars in price suppression walls on multiple exchanges coordinated by one entity right now trying to force triangle convergence lower.  Much of it was Bitfinex staggered ask wall going from around 10k btc to 25k btc in a 24 hour period, while the same thing is going on at Bitstamp and BTCE on a more visible level.

The "not so invisible" hand of the market:

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 10:18:29 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2016, 10:34:46 AM by r0ach

1530 BTC wall has been bought.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 11:56:28 AM

For someone that believes "they" control the markets, you're not very good at figuring out what "they" are doing:

And you certainly aren't good at figuring out what 'they' are doing.

They aint trying to manipulate BTC lower, they are trying to manipulate it higher.

At some point, possibly going through NYKZ, or NY Closing time, 'they' are either going to devour their own walls themselves, or simply remove them. And what do you think all the n00bs are going to do when they see that Bear Whale has either removed his wall, or their have been 1K BTC Mkt Orders fired into it? They are going to pile in, aren't they? Especially those who have maybe been intimidated by the wall and sold their positions fearing the dump.

At this point, I would say that 'they' are looking to push Bitcoin up into the Short RLZ, which is where 'they' like to take short trades from. My thinking at this point in time, is that BTC will pushed up to $460s, at which point 'they' will let the gravy train momentum chasing n00bs, have all the fucking Bitcoin that they want. After Bitcoin gets up into the short RLZ, 'they' will stop manipulating, and just let organic market pressure take over, selling into it the whole time, until it runs out of steam, and then they will dump this bitch, ultimately culminating in a n00b panic sell off, and n00b momentum chasing shorts piling up, and guess who will be there at the bottom to buy up all the Bitcoin that the n00bs want to sell to them? 'They' will be!

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 12:07:09 PM

Whenever I see a Mat post, I imagine it being spoken by this:

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 12:14:29 PM

How quaint.

And this pretty much encapsulates who I imagine to be behind the 'roach' moniker:

Could we say, "Hurrr, Durrr, Dhhurrrrr"?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: