Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:12:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Lose all your capital fast, with MatTheCat and his TA 101A!  (Read 85765 times)
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:45:49 PM

Sell wall turned into invisible sell wall. Interesting to watch.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:18:03 PM

Sell wall turned into invisible sell wall. Interesting to watch.

......and the flood was more like a trickle.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:51:26 PM

So you are 0 for 1 on your TA and you blame it on an invisible manipulator!? LoL poor form bro.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:14:10 PM

So you are 0 for 1 on your TA and you blame it on an invisible manipulator!? LoL poor form bro.

If you don't think this market is dominated by a handful of VERY BIG players, then you aint been paying attention.

If one of these guys show up to market and say that the market is going up, or down, then it don't matter a flying fuck what the rest of us think or what previous market action suggests about future market action. At the end of the day, the rest of us are just rats, who scramble for the grains when the going is good and scurry away as soon as we hear the big bad bear growling outside.

Someone is pushing this market up (probably into their preferred shorting window) and so the market is going up. When this entity decides that enough little fishies have swum into his nets, then he may send it right back down again. Will that be at $450 (this is what I am thinking at the moment), $500, $650, I dunno. Is this the start of the Halving Pump? I hope not, cos I aint long and am off the opinion that going long right now is waaay too risky a proposition, and so if this turns out to be the 'kick off', then I will surely miss out on a good piece of the action.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
lyth0s
Legendary

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:22:05 PM

Then why are you even attempting TA? And then complaining about it.....

MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:30:01 PM

How about.....

....Fuck off?

Huh

lyth0s
Legendary

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:38:32 PM

How about.....

....Fuck off?

Huh

What you just showed everyone is how immature and non level headed you and that you could not explain the reasoning behind your actions and thus had to resort to profanity in an attempt to maintain your ego.

/golf clap

MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:46:02 PM

How about.....

....Fuck off?

Huh

What you just showed everyone is how immature and non level headed you and that you could not explain the reasoning behind your actions and thus had to resort to profanity in an attempt to maintain your ego.

/golf clap

I am trading setups based on technicals.

If I get as much as a 70% success rate doing this, then I would consider that a fucking tremendous track record. But that still means I am gonna be wrong 30% of the time.

There was nothing technically wrong with the setup that I posted and the setup that I took, but this was one of those times that it didn't work. More annoying still, was I was so confident in the signals I was seeing in charts, that I increased my stake substantially, which pretty much negates the proceeds of the recent winning streak I have been on, and I am understandibly pissed off.

I don't need the likes of you jumping in here taunting me when I get it wrong, without having the slightest constructive thing to say....except "lol...TA  doesn't work in Bitcoin"

lyth0s
Legendary

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:58:26 PM

A real man would just admit he was wrong rather than play the blame game on a phantom invisible hand. If you were correct you would call yourself a success (like you just did in the post above "I was in a winning streak") but if you make a mistake it was an invisible ghosts fault....If only those excuses actually fooled anyone Tongue

You're right though I don't think TA works at all actually. I am however messing with it for entertainment purposes because I find it fun. If I end up being wrong (which I'm sure I will be in the end) I'd just admit that I was wrong.

Are you familiar with the term "locus of control'? Psychiatric patient's always have an external one....

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:54:59 PM

Dude look at the fundamentals:

1) Segregated witness pull request meets the expected delivery time: very positive
2) New version of Bitcoin to be released with a lot of new features due the segregated witness pull request: very positive
3) SegWit has already mined blocks bigger than 3MB and is proving Bitcoin will scale: very positive
4) The powergrab attempts by Classiccoin are dying and Core roadmap is gaining more and more support: very positive
5) Sidechains and Lightning Network sooner than expected, several companies working on it (no more Blockstream FUD), Rootstock soon will make ETH irrelevant: very positive
6) The halvening: there's always hype that the price will explode

So 1 to 5 points will collide with the mega hype of 6 and together will cause a price explosion in the near future (1 to 3 months). Time to look at this and not get too lost with technical analysis to be honest.

I don't care so much about Fundamentals, most of the time, they are just faeries stories for permabulls and permabears to wet their pants about and when we do get a 'hefty' fundamental, such as the Mike Hearn announcement, they are just fodder for the whales to drive the tiddlers into their feeding nets.

Nope! It looks like triangle volume to me. The big confirmation volume will come with a break above the D-Wave high (475 iirc)

Given that I think we both agree that Bitcoin is highly manipulated and that anytime the market moves, isn't so much down to organic demand,  but more to do with the whales trying to whip up a frenzy of excitement and/or fear in the tiddlers upon which they feed......

.....this morning, a 3K BTC sell wall was placed on Finex @ $440. Naturally, if one 'really' wants to relieve oneself of 3000 BTC, one does not simply place the whole entire fucking bundle on a big fat round number.

I watched the pump 'come out of nowhere', and seen the way both bid walls and ask walls were manipulated to get as many little fishies to help push BTC up towards the $435.5 Short Stop Liquidity pool, after which point, hapless shorters covering our positions like me, drove the rest of the rise up to $439. And now, we have a 3K Sell Wall at $440. From my past experience, such blatant market engineering bids are erected to be devoured......'they' will leave this hanging around for a period of time in order to make sure all the holders of potential BTC trading capital see it, then at some point, 'they' will devour their own 3K sell wall, and the next leg up to around $448 will commence......unfortunately, I won't be trading this one. A lot nearer the end of the move (imo) than the start, and there is certainly a lot of space down below for this to correct into.........

.......this might be one good reason why other people may want to consider trading this.....the one's that I call, but don't take, have an uncanny knack of turning out results, whilst the ones I am über confident in, such as the one in my OP...well.....  Roll Eyes

A couple of years ago, I had a little conversation with our old friend Goomboo. He confirmed some things that I saw happening in the market that are very similar to now.
-Place large bid, just out of reach of all but the deepest pockets.
-Watch as the little guys place bids in front assuming "this guy is for real!" and feel the safety of the wall that surely won't let the price fall too far.
-yank the wall when bid depth is sufficient for today's dose of volatility.
-Dump (called The Hammer for obvious reasons)

This works for the other direction of course. In this case, spike the price up first, then halt the fomo by placing a large-ish ask a little above spot while 'they' accumulate some of the quick buck seekers' sell pressure. "Now the top is in for sure, right?" Nope. "Well who would stick a profit taking wall out in the middle? This must be it!". Little guys sell and watch as the wall is pulled and the next move higher commences. Left in a state of shock and awe, they frantically try to figure out what just happened. "Should I buy back? Right now it's a small loss of coins, but if I don't, and it continues, then it'll be bigger... Fuck it! I'll buy back" This all happens just as the top has been seen and they are now the next gen bag holders.

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the cycles of Bitcoin trading

MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 10:48:30 PM

A couple of years ago, I had a little conversation with our old friend Goomboo. He confirmed some things that I saw happening in the market that are very similar to now.
-Place large bid, just out of reach of all but the deepest pockets.
-Watch as the little guys place bids in front assuming "this guy is for real!" and feel the safety of the wall that surely won't let the price fall too far.
-yank the wall when bid depth is sufficient for today's dose of volatility.
-Dump (called The Hammer for obvious reasons)

This works for the other direction of course. In this case, spike the price up first, then halt the fomo by placing a large-ish ask a little above spot while 'they' accumulate some of the quick buck seekers' sell pressure. "Now the top is in for sure, right?" Nope. "Well who would stick a profit taking wall out in the middle? This must be it!". Little guys sell and watch as the wall is pulled and the next move higher commences. Left in a state of shock and awe, they frantically try to figure out what just happened. "Should I buy back? Right now it's a small loss of coins, but if I don't, and it continues, then it'll be bigger... Fuck it! I'll buy back" This all happens just as the top has been seen and they are now the next gen bag holders.

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the cycles of Bitcoin trading

Goomboo sounds like a pretty savvy chap.

Shame not many of those hang seem to hang around here that long.

=====================================================================================================================

MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:04:51 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2016, 11:19:31 PM by MatTheCat

The Party's over (for now):

MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:23:13 AM

Equivalent Trade on Finex:

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:54:01 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 01:23:26 AM by marcus_of_augustus

Mat getting schooled, is that what this thread is about?

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:22:44 AM

We will look back years from now and say, "remember that MatTheCat guy that tried to short the BTC halving based on a 4hr chart?  I wonder what happened to him?"

Fucking rat cocksuckers.

6 fucking BTC trade with Stop Order

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:24:53 AM

We will look back years from now and say, "remember that MatTheCat guy that tried to short the BTC halving based on a 4hr chart?  I wonder what happened to him?"

... dropped out of 101 classes to do a Start-up, then who knows.

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:29:41 AM

The interesting part is, Mat seems to believe he's an awesome trader, but most Mat trades seem to be shorts.  Shorts are inherently more risky and less profitable than longs because the price of something typically doesn't go below zero, but it sure as hell can be inflated to comically high numbers.  Regardless of how much faith you have in your TA skills, a good trader would want to use shorts as little as possible instead of being the only thing you use.  You make money by asymmetric trades, not by stacking the deck against yourself on purpose.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
2015Bubble

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:44:21 AM

This clown doesnt own any bitcoins, he is a paid bankster talking trash about bitcoin, wanting everyone to sell coins.
Or maybe he has some serious mental problems.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:49:06 AM

Lol, Mat isn't a banker.  There's a post buried here somewhere that he acknowledges the zionist banking mafia.  He's just a daytrader trying to rub two nickels together shorting (usually unsuccesfully) everything that moves.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:18:50 AM

Cheesy

this is bad

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: