Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:36:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Lose all your capital fast, with MatTheCat and his TA 101A!  (Read 85765 times)
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 12:57:04 PM

you would have had to have been very, very good, to have played that pump long....I suspect most that piled in, either piled back out at a loss, and/or are sitting right now biting their nails

*Cough*  *Cough*

Do you know what the word asymmetric trade means?  It means whoever goes long right now, even if it did drop back to 420 by some miracle (not likely), they wouldn't lose a dime because you can easily just hold the long until halving rise is over and still be in mega profit.  That is who you are trading against and why you lost.

We will see who's smart and who's not when the halving happens. Iteresting times ahead.

I am ready.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
finkelsteinMonster

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 12:58:32 PM

Fixed.
sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 12:58:54 PM

If your triangle seems to be right (looks like we are getting closer of the last quart, so it should break asap if pattern is validated), price objective is more than +50 CNY, it should be around 3900 or 3600. I am sure you like that r0ach. Grin Roll Eyes
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 01:01:07 PM

you would have had to have been very, very good, to have played that pump long....I suspect most that piled in, either piled back out at a loss, and/or are sitting right now biting their nails

*Cough*  *Cough*

Do you know what the word asymmetric trade means?  It means whoever goes long right now, even if it did drop back to 420 by some miracle (not likely), they wouldn't lose a dime because you can easily just hold the long until halving rise is over and still be in mega profit.  That is who you are trading against and why you lost.

We will see who's smart and who's not when the halving happens. Iteresting times ahead.

I am ready.

You aint very very good r0ach.

You are a retard holder. HUGE difference.

This thing could go back down to $400s, but no matter what, you will be holding the whole time watching all your profits evaporate....been there and done it all before.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 01:03:18 PM

LOL!

Yep. This is where Joe Public is going to want to get long Bitcoin, so we could well see r0ach's triangle resolve bullishly, but man o man, I suspect some slaughter coming up here.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
danielW

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 01:05:20 PM

Anyway Mat, Ill give you props for putting your balls on the line publicly like that.

Unfortunately I think you make wrong assumptions and are too stubborn to take a different perspective.
talkingleaves

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 01:06:46 PM

Mat, how is a holder a retard? A person who puts their faith in the technology, the idea, the service that is bitcoin, a person who sees the full potential, beyond the 10 dollar daily swings? how is that person a retard? seems to me like the holders exemplify patience and thus with time reap massive rewards, while you sit around and roll the dice all day hoping to make a few pennies while risking your whole stash.
clopoterian

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 01:38:17 PM

Mat, how is a holder a retard? A person who puts their faith in the technology, the idea, the service that is bitcoin, a person who sees the full potential, beyond the 10 dollar daily swings? how is that person a retard?

Let me field this one.
1. Let's say you are a believer in aviation, and as soon as the Wrights build a flyer, you buy it from them and put it in a paper hangar, to hodl.
2. The Wrights get filthy rich by selling airplanes to speculators like you, who also store them in paper hangars because "believe in technology."
3. You keep hodling, other speculators keep hodling, not a single plane is up in the air.

Thanks for turning aviation into speculation, true believer. Excelsior!
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 01:41:00 PM

This is annoying.  I was looking at China charts and didn't even notice Finex didn't have a downleg yet, which was required for people to even make a chart at all.  China should have broken upwards but Finex had to go down to 535 before it went up.  Finex should be in a 535-545 range or so now.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
talkingleaves

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 01:48:46 PM

Mat, how is a holder a retard? A person who puts their faith in the technology, the idea, the service that is bitcoin, a person who sees the full potential, beyond the 10 dollar daily swings? how is that person a retard?

Let me field this one.
1. Let's say you are a believer in aviation, and as soon as the Wrights build a flyer, you buy it from them and put it in a paper hangar, to hodl.
2. The Wrights get filthy rich by selling airplanes to speculators like you, who also store them in paper hangars because "believe in technology."
3. You keep hodling, other speculators keep hodling, not a single plane is up in the air.

what about when I sell that original plane that I bought for nothing to a museum years later for millions?

I get where you're coming from, but your analogy doesnt work, you can't compare tools (planes) to currency/commodities.

for most holders, it is either a portion of their investments, considered risky but with potential for high returns, or it is all their money in a kind of desperate bid for otherwise impossible growth. not everyone wants to gamble daily on little swings. nor should everyone. to hold is safer, wiser.
Equilux

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 01:49:02 PM

Mat, how is a holder a retard? A person who puts their faith in the technology, the idea, the service that is bitcoin, a person who sees the full potential, beyond the 10 dollar daily swings? how is that person a retard? seems to me like the holders exemplify patience and thus with time reap massive rewards, while you sit around and roll the dice all day hoping to make a few pennies while risking your whole stash.
(quotes to elaborate on these points not to contradict them)

I checked this thread a few times, and every time within a few posts there are several people claiming to see some technical indicator that would suggest a (massive) drop. This almost never materializes, and if it does its a really obvious correction.

7 days ago we were at 440 we are now at 536
30 days ago we were at 451 we are now at 536
90 days ago we were at 430 we are now at 536
180 days ago we were at 376 we are now at 536
360 days ago we were at 230 we are now at 536

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you trying to tell me that you'd beat these gains having the same amount of risk, by taking some shorts on the corrections?

clopoterian

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 02:12:41 PM

Let me field this one.

what about when I sell that original plane that I bought for nothing to a museum years later for millions?

If your plan is to sell the flyer to a museum, you're not a believer in the technology, you're a speculator. And a rather illogical one, because by keeping the flyer in a hangar, you *explicitly prevented mass adoption*, you smothered the baby in the crib, airplanes never took off [lol], so they never became a thing. This is what you'll be selling to a museum:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/One_wheel_motorcycle_Goventosa.jpg

Bonus: hundreds of speculators, just like yourself, will have pristine, never-used monowheels to sell to a museum, so forget about making millions.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 02:16:50 PM

....another reason is that Bitcoin is getting listed on Nasdaq tomorrow. This is the News, and the pump would have been the rumour. Buy the rumour, sell the news.

source?
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 02:27:55 PM

....another reason is that Bitcoin is getting listed on Nasdaq tomorrow. This is the News, and the pump would have been the rumour. Buy the rumour, sell the news.

source?

If this is actually true, the momentum trading for halving is gonna look like the Netflix or Berkshire charts:

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
talkingleaves

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 02:32:11 PM

Let me field this one.

If your plan is to sell the flyer to a museum, you're not a believer in the technology, you're a speculator. And a rather illogical one, because by keeping the flyer in a hangar, you *explicitly prevented mass adoption*, you smothered the baby in the crib, airplanes never took off [lol], so they never became a thing. This is what you'll be selling to a museum:

Bonus: hundreds of speculators, just like yourself, will have pristine, never-used monowheels to sell to a museum, so forget about making millions.

lol, speculators can also be believers; i buy things sometimes with my bitcoin debit card- i also hold some for the museum one day. day trading just seems too risky in these times.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 02:41:16 PM

Eyeing up this:

And closer in showing trade entry point. If BTC 3MonFuts hits $658, then that is Short Entry for this trade.

clopoterian

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 02:42:49 PM

Let me field this one.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/One_wheel_motorcycle_Goventosa.jpg

lol, speculators can also be believers; i buy things sometimes with my bitcoin debit card- i also hold some for the museum one day. day trading just seems too risky in these times.

You're missing the point. Yes, by buying up all the flyers and sticking them in a paper hangar, you're *hindering* mass adoption, not helping it. Aircraft enthusiasts are the guys who build and fly planes, not the ones who lock them away in paper hangars. Those are misguided speculators.

Also, understand that "Bitcoin debit cards" are simply overpriced fiat prepaid debit cards, it's a gimmick. Your bitcoins are sold for fiat, the cards are funded with fiat, the merchant never touches bitcoins. No different then selling BTC on an exchange & using your bank card. ...well, more expensive and goldbergian, but you know what I mean.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 03:15:26 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2016, 03:31:32 PM by r0ach

Just figured out why Mat's charts never work.  He is obsessed with fiat and only holds BTC for a span of like 1 hour, then he just tries to fabricate a chart rationalizing a re-entry point with any pseudo science he can think of LOL.

With BTC, time opportunity cost is always on your side and it's always against you when holding fiat.  You're doing things backwards.  You should also not be trading any asset on the planet you aren't comfortable holding for at least a week, so you really should not be in this market in the first place.  Try gold or pork if you're scared to hold BTC for more than a 1 hour time span.

It's going to pop up again because there's barely anyone willing to sell on drops and there's some crazy momentum up still.  The trend is your friend, but Mat is always a damn fool and tries to short the trend and loses.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
pariahbit

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 03:41:29 PM

Yeah, it's gonna explode, baby. After 3 days of pumping, on the last day of the long weekend, there's bound to be a huge glut of fiat stuck on exchanges Roll Eyes
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 5033

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 03:59:49 PM

Mat's an idiot, because he did call the $200 bottom (correctly), but then refused to just buy like crazy at that level and just hodl until now.

And then if he had, he would have chumped out and sold at the first small pump that came along, and never re-bought.  The true rally is probably a few years off still.

This is why he'll never be a true "investor", only a constantly losing day trader.  But as they say, "A fool and his money..."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: