Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:41:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473052 times)
I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:16:11 AM

What is the relationship between this coin's devs and PayCoin (XPY) ?

The coin developer for ION has zero relation or affiliation to anything related to Paycoin or XPY.

So this Adam Matlack is a different Adam Matlack? Smiley

Adam helped write and edit the whitepaper, but is not a coin developer.

Is Adam "Disciple Maker" Matlack COO of ION?

You claim "the coining developer for ION has zero relation or affiliation to anything related to Paycoin or XPY." but the rest of the team seems to have strong ties to Garzabo, XPY and Paycoin.

https://bitcointa.lk/threads/new-lending-platform-bitlend-io.495894/page-11

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 03:36:19 AM

A friendly warning from http://icocountdown.com

https://medium.com/@icocountdown/ion-coin-warning-cb686fb6e7a4#.98dtikloq

Another day, another — insert here.

Another attempt at a ICO with unfeasable goals. ION Coin.

Here we go again friends.

Thread reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.0

No escrow of any kind and no escrow with any conditions.

No public source to be audited.

Reference: https://github.com/ionomy/ion

Adam Matlack Involvement with previous scam Paycoin.

Reference: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/death-paycoin-employee-video-reveals-internal-chaos-1429396603

Reference: http://themerkle.com/gaw-miners-scam/

Reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=900970.0

Clearly cloned software from Darkcoin(DASH) (they marked Eduffield developer of DASH and masternodes in the whitepaper.) If there is any software at all.

Reference: https://github.com/ionomy/ion/wiki/ION-Technical-Whitepaper

Shocking similarities between paycoin and this coin including

Huge pre-mine (5.9 Million out of 10.9 million supply) — Giving control of highest paying masternodes to them in the network.

Reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2r4gck/gaw_miners_liars_frauds_a_brief_recap_of_what_we/

Reference: https://github.com/ionomy/ion/wiki/ION-Technical-Whitepaper

Masternodes = Prime Controllers.(In this case anyway).

Reference: http://coinjournal.net/former-paycoin-developer-joe-mordica-speaks-about-gaws-power-bill-and-prime-controller-issue/

Same terrible marketing tactics as Paycoin with no corporate or business evidence to back it up.

Continued Relationship with Josh Garza even after terrible business has been done.

Terrible security and management skills.

Reference: https://youtu.be/73R2YBXXxvY

Richard Nelson: Developer for paycoin.

Reference: https://github.com/PaycoinFoundation/paycoin/releases

I don’t think I can be more clear with this one.

This will not be listed on http://icocountdown.com

Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:52:02 AM

hahahaha fuck this scam piece of shit!
may as well lock the thread.  gtfo with this crap.

not to mention don't even bother trying to touch gaming/streaming because bitswift is setting up now to already lock that area of the biz down Wink Cool

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Arrakeen

Activity: 532

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:01:22 AM

not to mention don't even bother trying to touch gaming/streaming because bitswift is setting up now to already lock that area of the biz down Wink Cool

kind of hard to believe that, when:

1) it looks like every other altcoin and offers nothing new (wow, a wallet!)

2) bitswift website says nothing about mobile gaming, rather: "The goal of our company is to increase awareness globally about blockchain technologies, to help integrate business partners, support them and empower their platforms" ie. absolutely nothing

3) you're openly promoting it under your avatar  Roll Eyes
CryptoMaik

Activity: 594

Blockchain entrepreneur✔

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:43:06 AM

Dev: Why should i advice my team to buy/invest?

Nothing news in this coin....

CryptoMaik ✔
sylph93

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:35:01 AM

Until now, we can't conclude ION as scam. This is ANN thread. We have to pay attention to what they promised.
I will wait and see.

I will be waiting for burning XPY that's what they first promised.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Mrdeeds

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:49:23 AM

You really didn't even attempt to read the op did you? Wink

(                       incent                       )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BETTER LOYALTY THROUGH SMARTER REWARDS
SwedishGirl

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Looking for shmexy coins!

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:26:04 AM

So it's all about scams lately? After Lisk and Waves, nothing interesting to see...
altheshort

Activity: 214
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:28:49 AM

I suspect the only reason they've suddenly created an ANN thread for this is because the buying of their ICO has slowed down. They need to drum up more interest in the project to get more sales in; hence the press releases and this. Not surprising really given how limited the initial pool of 'investors' will have been from talkXPY/XPY.io.

For what it's worth I don't believe that Matlack and his team are scammers, but I do believe this is an ill conceived idea that will be dead in the water before long. With the greatest of respect, as this new team is mostly the same as the team behind XPY.io the best indicator of their potential success is what they did with that, and they hardly set the world alight. Honestly while they keep blaming XPYs ties to Garza for XPY.io's failure, they were fools to even try it in the first place, and even more foolish to stick with it as long as they did -- that for me calls into question the decision making of Matlack et al.
sylph93

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:38:31 AM

I suspect the only reason they've suddenly created an ANN thread for this is because the buying of their ICO has slowed down. They need to drum up more interest in the project to get more sales in; hence the press releases and this. Not surprising really given how limited the initial pool of 'investors' will have been from talkXPY/XPY.io.

For what it's worth I don't believe that Matlack and his team are scammers, but I do believe this is an ill conceived idea that will be dead in the water before long. With the greatest of respect, as this new team is mostly the same as the team behind XPY.io the best indicator of their potential success is what they did with that, and they hardly set the world alight. Honestly while they keep blaming XPYs ties to Garza for XPY.io's failure, they were fools to even try it in the first place, and even more foolish to stick with it as long as they did -- that for me calls into question the decision making of Matlack et al.

A++
To start ION with honor, hand off XPY with honor as well.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Mr-Coins

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 08:52:29 AM

The logic of so many people...

Bob is a scammer. Bob scams Jane. Therefore Jane is a scammer.

So flawed. Do you see it?

Can we get a reasonable discussion here?

I swapped all my worthless XPY for ION. I would like to participate in all reasonable discussion about this project.
Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 09:07:55 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 10:11:16 AM by Mr-Coins

Most of the early investors were XPY investors because of the ease of the swap option. I for one am thankful for Matlack (and his team) to have built XPY.io and to have tried where many others would not have even made an attempt. My XPY would have be truly worthless if it wasn't for XPY.io, so that project had value for hundreds of people that got scammed by Garza.

At least in the end I swapped my XPY rather than dumping them on to some poor unsuspecting buyer who thinks it might recover one day.

I hope we can discuss ION reasonably, on it's own merits and particulars as this way we will get much more use out of the discussion.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 09:10:33 AM

Scnr Wink

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 10:36:31 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 10:47:18 AM by Mr-Coins

What makes you think Mordica is involved?

He's the guy posing with Garza in a picture of a warehouse pretending that it's a mining farm.

@Mrcoins

You didn't address this and its a direct question. Remember mordica was the guy that did their hardware... and TADA he stood with garza pretending there was hardware when there wasn't even in a dark warehouse video... queue spooky music remember that? and the this is my house paint in pink he proclaimed?

So heres 2 simple questions you can answer and don't avoid them

1. Do you believe Joe Mordica to be a stand up honest guy you can trust in crypto?

2. If Joe Mordica is in ion then do you believe by past actions that he is trustable in it and thus others should accept that?

Joe Mordica is not in ION or Ionomy project.

I'd like to add, I have never had any dealings with him, not even in XPY, so I have no idea what type of guy he is. But, he is irrelevant as far as ION goes.

THIS is constructive discussion. This is valuable and worthwhile. If there is something I do not know the answer to, I will go find out.
skinnyboy

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 10:58:11 AM

Here's a question, leaving aside many others (& any negative bias):

How many of the purported features of this new coin, as described in the whitepaper, will be available on launch?

Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 11:21:58 AM

Here's a question, leaving aside many others (& any negative bias):

How many of the purported features of this new coin, as described in the whitepaper, will be available on launch?

Upon launch the coin will have fully functioning POS3 and Masternodes (nothing like those BS Prime Controllers).

Also there will be working QT wallets as well as web wallets available through the Ionomy platform.

The coin code, QT and web wallets are currently being run on testnet. (I'm not fortunate enough to have access though.)

The whitepaper is long, are there any specific parts in particular that you would like to focus on?
Mrdeeds

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:44:33 AM

@Mr-Coins
Do you happen to know if they are planning mobile wallets? Looks logical to me. But I don't think I read this somewhere before.

(                       incent                       )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BETTER LOYALTY THROUGH SMARTER REWARDS
Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 11:49:25 AM

@Mr-Coins
Do you happen to know if they are planning mobile wallets? Looks logical to me. But I don't think I read this somewhere before.

I know the XPY.io web wallet was updated recently to work great on mobile, iOS, iPad etc So the ION platform will naturally build upon this experience.

However, as for an offline wallet, I saw that there is a bounty for this feature. But there is no active development on this as far as I am aware.
Cayuga

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:51:51 AM

I do not completely agree with you, imho xpy.io was the only way for them to keep the community together. The plan for a new coin and business model was probably already finished when xpy.io v1 started. The continuing failure of the xpy devs to repair the wallet, come up with features that where originally described in the wallet just accelerated the process which led to this ICO. OT: I think this ICO and business model has a chance to succeed but this will depend on how the team will deal with the TOS in gamestores, then again I am not worried about that. The coin itself has nice features, and there will be a working wallet and blockchain, or I will eat my shoes Wink
Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 11:58:56 AM

I do not completely agree with you, imho xpy.io was the only way for them to keep the community together. The plan for a new coin and business model was probably already finished when xpy.io v1 started. The continuing failure of the xpy devs to repair the wallet, come up with features that where originally described in the wallet just accelerated the process which led to this ICO. OT: I think this ICO and business model has a chance to succeed but this will depend on how the team will deal with the TOS in gamestores, then again I am not worried about that. The coin itself has nice features, and there will be a working wallet and blockchain, or I will eat my shoes Wink

Cayuga I hope your shoes taste nice!

The wallets and blockchain are already active on testnet and have been for some weeks. Unfortunately, I do not have access to them so I can't comment on features outside of the whitepaper.

P.S. If someone wants to invite me to test I will gladly accept. I am usually able to break things quite quickly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: