Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:11:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473052 times)
Mr-Coins

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 05:26:29 PM

At a bare minimum, he was stupid enough to fall for the GAW/Garza scam

I switched off at this point.

People who get burgled, robbed, scammed, defrauded, tricked, deceived....

...these are NOT stupid people - they are victims of people with ill intent.

I am glad you have never been robbed/burgled/victimised, you don't know how it feels.

This is likely the reason for your ignorance.

If you get mugged walking down the street, you are innocent. If you lose your money because you bought a deed to the brooklyn bridge from some guy in a bar, you are an idiot. People that lost money to GAW are much closer to the latter.

the difference between me and other people who have been robbed, and you and team xpy etc is that we have learned from our mistakes and tried to get better in the future.

i did not say that everyone who gets scammed is an idiot, I am saying that people that fell for THIS particular scam as hard as THESE particular people did AND spent another year on various projects to "fix" the coin that accomplished nothing are either idiots or in on the scam.

So you are saying ION / Ionomy is a scam? In your opinion or this is a fact?

You are entitled to come to your own conclusion of course but the premise that you should try to brainwash everyone else with your own opinion leaves me bewildered.

Concerned citizen? Or Self appointed Internet Police person trying to "save" people from their own stupidity?

As always, never invest in anything that doesn't feel safe or is outside of your comfort zone. Only invest what you can afford to lose - not a penny more. All crypto projects are EXTREMELY high risk. If in doubt, step back and wait a few months and review if need be, or just move on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
beatgang

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:29:06 PM

Makes sense as a bottom line: It's never a good idea to invest in something or someone you don't trust.

It still seems like a big difference if Matlack was an employee and scammer or an investor who got taken. Maybe @ionomy can give some answers about that?

@phildo wrote:
after GAW "died." They split up into several different teams, all involving former employees and other people that have been scammed. I don't recall which one Matalack was part of, but either way, what did any of them accomplish? Again, none of this has made enough sense for me to even think of looking into the details, so I can't specifically tell you which team ripped people off explicitly, and which team just "failed," but the 2nd to last tweet from the paycoin foundation is about people buying xpybits (again, not sure what exactly they do,  since all the info is on a site that they shut down, but since that whole team has moved onto this project, I'm sure it didn't go well/as planned for the people that bought these xpybits.)

@ionomy can you answer some of this? Did Matlack fail in whatever they were doing before? What are xpybits? Did it go as planned for the people who bought them? If Matlack failed in his previous company, what's to make anyone think he'd stick around when his next company fails?
skinnyboy

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 05:33:43 PM

You are entitled to come to your own conclusion of course but the premise that you should try to brainwash everyone else with your own opinion leaves me bewildered.

Concerned citizen? Or Self appointed Internet Police person trying to "save" people from their own stupidity?

As always, never invest in anything that doesn't feel safe or is outside of your comfort zone. Only invest what you can afford to lose - not a penny more. All crypto projects are EXTREMELY high risk. If in doubt, step back and wait a few months and review if need be, or just move on.

I think the ones trying to brainwash people here are those trying to solicit $1000000 in funds from the public whilst behind closed doors claiming that they don't have to offer any assurances and can lie through their teeth (company registration).

As someone who works tirelessly to bring new people into crypto and do my bit to help this go mainstream I have to say I feel it is an ethical and moral obligation to save people from potential scams and to warn people when it seems that they're not aware of all the risks when they consider investing in a team or project.

If that makes me "Self appointed Internet Police" or whatever you want to call it, then fine :-)

ionomy (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:34:13 PM

I have questions to the ION team:  If I am interested in games that use cryptocurrencies, why wouldn't I just use a game that utilizes Bitcoin? For what reason should I buy a new altcoin that was cloned from another alt and has a premine of more than 50%? How is ION interesting to anyone else but the Paycoin bagholders who got some ION for free?

Microtransactions with Bitcoin are cost prohibitive with our game reward and platform incentive model. Small amounts of satoshi can't be moved cheaply.
skinnyboy

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 05:38:13 PM

I have questions to the ION team:  If I am interested in games that use cryptocurrencies, why wouldn't I just use a game that utilizes Bitcoin? For what reason should I buy a new altcoin that was cloned from another alt and has a premine of more than 50%? How is ION interesting to anyone else but the Paycoin bagholders who got some ION for free?

Microtransactions with Bitcoin are cost prohibitive with our game reward and platform incentive model. Small amounts of satoshi can't be moved cheaply.

I heard blackcoin is pretty good for micro transactions too.

Just a rumour, mind you....

Cayuga

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:39:51 PM

Makes sense as a bottom line: It's never a good idea to invest in something or someone you don't trust.

It still seems like a big difference if Matlack was an employee and scammer or an investor who got taken. Maybe @ionomy can give some answers about that?

@phildo wrote:
after GAW "died." They split up into several different teams, all involving former employees and other people that have been scammed. I don't recall which one Matalack was part of, but either way, what did any of them accomplish? Again, none of this has made enough sense for me to even think of looking into the details, so I can't specifically tell you which team ripped people off explicitly, and which team just "failed," but the 2nd to last tweet from the paycoin foundation is about people buying xpybits (again, not sure what exactly they do,  since all the info is on a site that they shut down, but since that whole team has moved onto this project, I'm sure it didn't go well/as planned for the people that bought these xpybits.)

@ionomy can you answer some of this? Did Matlack fail in whatever they were doing before? What are xpybits? Did it go as planned for the people who bought them? If Matlack failed in his previous company, what's to make anyone think he'd stick around when his next company fails?

I do not agree with Matlack failing, he kept a great community together. XpyBiTS were for sale on xpy.io as a crowd funding / investment for the platform, and for the present project. It went well for everybody who invested. Whoever doesn't want them anymore is free to sell them on the auction, they are called atoms now.
boki15

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:52:17 PM

OK, @boki15, I found  an article that says the motion for default judgment against GAW was granted:

http://www.helenabitcoinmining.com/2015/08/11/gaw-miners-lawsuit-ends-with-340k-default-judgement/

That's August 2015. Dead before or after that? I don't know. But looks like a defunct company.

If you think I'm trying to change the history, tell me where I've got it wrong.

@phildo I had not heard or read that Garza went to the same church as Matlack. I thought that Garza went to some megachurch in Connecticut? I started to research, but nothing yet.

You wrote, "The truth is somewhere in those details, but why find it?"

Do you really believe that the truth doesn't matter? I think it does. It's hard to sort out, but if the truth doesn't matter the we might as well all act like Garza.

I am sorry my friend, but can you tell me more details about GAW public suite that where Allen Shiners is the one who leads it? I though it would not exist if history ended on 09.2015 . You missed also the question about the money and to talk about the whole fraud that still has to be investigated in details which means, this will not reach its end probably not in 2016.

It's not like you say, he rubbed, closed company going insolvent, lol, everybody is happy as its not his fault its companies fault, correct? Smiley, you make me laugh, especially because I am not connecting ionomy to ganza like others do, but you do exactly this, you bring me in position to say, yes, ionomy has much more with ganza to do then most assume, but thats not based on their current handligs, its based on their past where current handlings do not promise at all any connection.

Now my friend, as you seem to be an expert in GAW analysis, can you tell us how much money was fruaded and how this money was splitted, what part ended on markets, if xpy had an value based on these numbers, did xpy.io profit on it at all? Lol, these are all things that were discussed pretty much Smiley, I really dont need anybody to tell me, hey everything is simple, case closed ....

Do me an favour, investigate first joshs connection to KNC and how GAW was started at all, then we can continue with historic events where many are still under question. I am curious what will you answer, some will ask you why dont you identify what your real connection to gaw/ionomy is Smiley , I dont care about it Smiley. Just dont come over with books about economies Smiley stating us what closure of an company means.
Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 06:00:57 PM

I heard blackcoin is pretty good for micro transactions too.

Just a rumour, mind you....

BlackCoin is awesome, it spawned the launch of 1,000 coins. i'm a big BlackCoin fan, especially of rat4, the dev.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:05:11 PM

Why not just use Blackcoin instead? Please explain the need for yet another coin and one that is nothing more than a clone at that.

Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 06:07:27 PM

Why not just use Blackcoin instead? Please explain the need for yet another coin and one that is nothing more than a clone at that.

It's not a clone. There's a big difference.

One word.

Masternodes.

Or is that two words?
boki15

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:10:38 PM

Why? Smiley It's always the same answer, it was even for bitcoin.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:29:46 PM

One word.

Masternodes.

Or is that two words?

Ok, then why not just use Blackcoin? I keep hearing that it's the platform that is the accomplishment. So why not just focus on the platform and use of the the several thousand other altcoin a already in existence.  What does ION do that no other coin in existence not do?

Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 06:39:28 PM

One word.

Masternodes.

Or is that two words?

Ok, then why not just use Blackcoin? I keep hearing that it's the platform that is the accomplishment. So why not just focus on the platform and use of the the several thousand other altcoin a already in existence.  What does ION do that no other coin in existence not do?

The coin operates on PoS3 + Masternodes. There is no coin that works like this, it's all in the whitepaper here:

https://github.com/ionomy/ion/wiki/ION-Technical-Whitepaper

Also, I believe some of the platform features (atoms, electrons etc) may be built into the block chain in the future. So some level of centralised control (at least in the beginning) would appear to be needed for this expansion.

But, if any official ionTeam members would like to give a more complete answer, please do.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:50:48 PM

One word.

Masternodes.

Or is that two words?

Ok, then why not just use Blackcoin? I keep hearing that it's the platform that is the accomplishment. So why not just focus on the platform and use of the the several thousand other altcoin a already in existence.  What does ION do that no other coin in existence not do?

The coin operates on PoS3 + Masternodes. There is no coin that works like this, it's all in the whitepaper here:

Also, I believe some of the platform features (atoms, electrons etc) may be built into the block chain in the future. So some level of centralised control (at least in the beginning) would appear to be needed for this expansion.

But, if any official ionTeam members would like to give a more complete answer, please do.

Well, Blackcoin is POS3. So wonder what is going on in these games that requires Masternodes which would warrant the new design. Or what in the games requires POS3 and not just Dash coin?

I get hat there is a difference, it's not an exact clone. But why does this need to exist? Why not use Dash or Blackcoin? Why the need to polute with another coin?

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 07:16:56 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2016, 09:24:28 PM by suchmoon

I am glad you have never been robbed/burgled/victimised, you don't know how it feels.

I've been mugged in broad daylight once. That did not make me want to send money to random people on the intertubes. Also Garza didn't hold a gun to your head unless I'm missing something. Analogy fail.
Bige086

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:20:19 PM

One word.

Masternodes.

Or is that two words?

Ok, then why not just use Blackcoin? I keep hearing that it's the platform that is the accomplishment. So why not just focus on the platform and use of the the several thousand other altcoin a already in existence.  What does ION do that no other coin in existence not do?

Well, Blackcoin is POS3. So wonder what is going on in these games that requires Masternodes which would warrant the new design. Or what in the games requires POS3 and not just Dash coin?

I get hat there is a difference, it's not an exact clone. But why does this need to exist? Why not use Dash or Blackcoin? Why the need to polute with another coin?

Dash is a POW coin, so it wouldnt fit the business model. I think that combining the POS and Masternodes is pretty cool, the POS won't require special hardware and the masternodes will make it possible for private transactions and near instant transactions.  Also the interactions between the electrons for in game play and Ions made it necessary for a new coin structure. Just a few thoughts.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:49:15 PM

One word.

Masternodes.

Or is that two words?

Dash is a POW coin, so it wouldnt fit the business model. I think that combining the POS and Masternodes is pretty cool, the POS won't require special hardware and the masternodes will make it possible for private transactions and near instant transactions.  Also the interactions between the electrons for in game play and Ions made it necessary for a new coin structure. Just a few thoughts.

Electrons for in game play? What are IONs for then? How does one get electrons now?

Really ION is XPY. A POS coin with Masternodes (Prime Controllers). It all makes sense now, whew.

CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:50:51 PM

I figured it out! They are not answering the questions cause they want us to guess what they are trying to accomplish. Only once we guess correctly will they tell us. I hear there's a 10BTC reward to the first person that can accurately describe the ins and outs of the project.

ThePointlessOne

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:58:18 PM

I figured it out! They are not answering the questions cause they want us to guess what they are trying to accomplish. Only once we guess correctly will they tell us. I hear there's a 10BTC reward to the first person that can accurately describe the ins and outs of the project.

Or whatever provided description that sounds the best is what they'll go with.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:02:41 PM

If you get mugged walking down the street, you are innocent. If you lose your money because you bought a deed to the brooklyn bridge from some guy in a bar, you are an idiot. People that lost money to GAW are much closer to the latter.

the difference between me and other people who have been robbed, and you and team xpy etc is that we have learned from our mistakes and tried to get better in the future.

i did not say that everyone who gets scammed is an idiot, I am saying that people that fell for THIS particular scam as hard as THESE particular people did AND spent another year on various projects to "fix" the coin that accomplished nothing are either idiots or in on the scam.

Self appointed internet police in the department to make sure every knows your and Matlack's reputations so they can make an informed decision.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: