Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:31:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473051 times)
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 10:26:10 PM

In short these guys are going to get screwed.... adam matlack and his fellow untransparent team will claw back some of their xpy losses and be happy but many others will lose to make them whole. They know this. The intention isn't for the coin to become something great but to mitigate "their losses".

If it was based on the coin there would be
- no ico
- no premine
- mining phase that allowed all to compete fairly and equally i.e. no ninja launch

Adam Matlack and the others would buy their coins like everyone else and this would give them incentive to do something as their risked money would be inspiration to make something great.

At present those that bought ico bought a cloned mix of dash and blackcoin. This isn't something like ethereum that in itself was an extensive addition to what bitcoins base was. You are buying an ico into 2 open source mixed products. There is nothing new here.

The only reason to have a premine that big and allow them to start way ahead is to profit themselves. I don't understand why you people give them power and money then worship them after you've put them on that pedestal. Its moronic.

Ionomy is just some silly web game hub many of which already exist that don't use bitcoin or any crypto.

Start thinking for yourselves and do some numbers through the investment emotion aside and question it highly.. its your money in it not theirs... they OWE you answers not silence. If you get free advice here for questions to ask and don't pursue them you are being dense... what have you got to lose to ask these questions of the devs? If they are good like you say then they can answer them easily.... if they dodge them isn't that something to be concerned about? They need to give hard answers to those questions not round about answers that say we'll do this at date x.... they know EVERYTHING about the project as they masterminded it... if they don't know then they are unprepared and not worth continuing with.

I can't think of a better post in the thread than this. Kudos to you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 10:28:08 PM

Maybe some of the questions are up to the team to answer. But I will try to answer a few.
The xpy.io platform was in beta, until recently, but there was already a working XPY/BTC exchange integrated for some months, in fact the day it went live, Bittrex volume of traded XPY dropped significantly. There was a revenue share, the XPY BiTS Fund, and there have been some nice payouts to the BiTS holders. I have not seen any beta mobile wallet or debit card.

That's right, now that you mentioned it I think I recall someone posting about the exchange a while ago. Has it been converted to handle ION?

How about XPY (ION?) Store? Any sign of that?

Honestly too after cryptsy and xpy fiasco i don't think bittrex or poloniex would risk ion. They have other cash cows like ltc, btc and eth all giving them enough capital anyway. I would hope they don't step into dodgy territory like this.

Bittrex might list it if ionomists pay the 3 BTC fee. Even the ridiculous BitStone was listed there almost immediately after launch.

https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex-Updated-02-29-16

Poloniex - not sure what their policies are but I would imagine perhaps a bit stricter than 'trex.

There is always Yobit and Cryptopia if all else fails Smiley

They can resurrect Coinswap, Garza owns it and from that slack posting it seems that Matlack has been in touch with him recently... (Pure satire)

o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 10:32:16 PM

Maybe some of the questions are up to the team to answer. But I will try to answer a few.
The xpy.io platform was in beta, until recently, but there was already a working XPY/BTC exchange integrated for some months, in fact the day it went live, Bittrex volume of traded XPY dropped significantly. There was a revenue share, the XPY BiTS Fund, and there have been some nice payouts to the BiTS holders. I have not seen any beta mobile wallet or debit card.

That's right, now that you mentioned it I think I recall someone posting about the exchange a while ago. Has it been converted to handle ION?

How about XPY (ION?) Store? Any sign of that?

Honestly too after cryptsy and xpy fiasco i don't think bittrex or poloniex would risk ion. They have other cash cows like ltc, btc and eth all giving them enough capital anyway. I would hope they don't step into dodgy territory like this.

Bittrex might list it if ionomists pay the 3 BTC fee. Even the ridiculous BitStone was listed there almost immediately after launch.

https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex-Updated-02-29-16

Poloniex - not sure what their policies are but I would imagine perhaps a bit stricter than 'trex.

There is always Yobit and Cryptopia if all else fails Smiley

cryptopia actually has requirements for coin submission. If there is ico or high premine it gets rejected.. see their submission page. It has xpy on it with rejected near it... the reason is in their words - clearly a scam. I assume they know they won't get anywhere so will likely try to run their own exchange and mark it as exclusive to help price floor or some shit. The reality will be very different i.e. polo etc won't want to touch them.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 10:39:56 PM

They can resurrect Coinswap, Garza owns it and from that slack posting it seems that Matlack has been in touch with him recently... (Pure satire)

Speaking of resurrections - they should do "ionstand". The good news is that 500 invites would cover all bagholders ten times over.

https://archive.is/mfdJb
Rick_James

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 03:26:50 AM

Wheres the github at?
I'd like to know that, too.
Is there a github yet?

https://github.com/ionomy

I read there that the source will be uploaded on May 16th when the wallets are released.

There are no wallets? What happens to the coins you buy now? Does the team that refuses to be transparent hold on to both them and your BTC? The team that won't publish any addresses and won't use and escrow?

The coins you buy now are listed on the 2FA secured ionomy website and dashboard, just like the LISK and WAVES ICO coins are on their websites.

So they're just numbers in a standard database at this time, or is there an actual functioning blockchain?

Yes there is (testnet).

So the platform is released, showing you you've got all these shiny new coins, but you don't actually have them yet because they don't actually exist yet? 

So maybe take the time to actually READ the initial coin offering ANN? Seems actual reading is hard for a few but here is your answer-All ICO coins will be delivered after the close of the coin offering on May 16.

Drop the attitude lad, I asked a question.  The person I was talking to responded, then half hour later you bring the snark.  Why?

Sorry I dont spend my day hanging out here answering your questions, there is no more snark from me than other people in this thread.

Don't try & excuse your attitude by deflecting attention on to unnamed others.

I've asked a number of questions in this thread, as have others. Many remain unanswered.

Tell me, did you create this account simply to defend people you've invested in, to be rude to people or to learn more about Crypto,  in general? If you're here to learn about Crypto in general you'll find this forum has some great people using it. If you'Re here to defend your coin, go ahead, but keep it civil.

I believe you have mistaken my statement as an excuse of some sort, which it was not. Im not really sure why you are telling me to remain civil as I have been? If you were that offended by my simple statement maybe this forum is not the place for you?
About the questions, well a quick look back seems your legit questions (ones without simply taking pop shots and scam accusations) were answered?
I too would not mind seeing the answers of a few of the questions. If the team chooses to not answer them ill be left to either invest with the information I can gather or leave it. That information btw would be much easier to find without pages of scam accusations and assumptions.

(P.S) Im not invested or defending MY coin. Just because I dont join in on the bashing of character of this team (ion) and their community I must be a GAWtard or bagholder?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 04:05:12 AM

I believe you have mistaken my statement as an excuse of some sort, which it was not. Im not really sure why you are telling me to remain civil as I have been? If you were that offended by my simple statement maybe this forum is not the place for you?
About the questions, well a quick look back seems your legit questions (ones without simply taking pop shots and scam accusations) were answered?
I too would not mind seeing the answers of a few of the questions. If the team chooses to not answer them ill be left to either invest with the information I can gather or leave it. That information btw would be much easier to find without pages of scam accusations and assumptions.

(P.S) Im not invested or defending MY coin. Just because I dont join in on the bashing of character of this team (ion) and their community I must be a GAWtard or bagholder?

Someone - how about yourself? - should do an FAQ then. Because as far as I remember very few questions have actually been answered. Am I missing something? Has the business registration been revealed? ICO wallets? Anything else of substance?

I do recall Richard Nelson admitting to being the one behind the "ionomy" account. Most of the other questions were ignored or punted down the road.
Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 02:44:40 PM

Just because I dont join in on the bashing of character of this team (ion) and their community I must be a GAWtard or bagholder?

Well... I'd say, everyone who is not extremely cautious of Paycoin 2.0 must be considered a GAWtard, a bagholder, a shill or very new to cryptocurrency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
pcminerx

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 03:57:54 PM

Just because I dont join in on the bashing of character of this team (ion) and their community I must be a GAWtard or bagholder?

Well... I'd say, everyone who is not extremely cautious of Paycoin 2.0 must be considered a GAWtard, a bagholder, a shill or very new to cryptocurrency.

Paycoin still exists, so technically you are off-topic. Please continue in the separate GAW thread that exists on BCT. This thread is about the iON ICO. Thank you.
kken01
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 04:28:24 PM

Paycoin still exists, so technically you are off-topic. Please continue in the separate GAW thread that exists on BCT. This thread is about the iON ICO. Thank you.

sassy

people could exchange their dying shitcoin paycoin devised by josh garza of GAW into ions. directly connecting it to this ICO
the company is renamed from xpy to ionomy (allegedly. possibly no company behind at all who knows they do not like to give information)
some of the same devs, same community, founder of paycoin foundation, crap loads of other connections

id definitely call this at least paycoin 2.0 adjacent  Cool saying otherwise is just foolish. this time the country of origin is not the US.. hmm i see where garza went wrong!
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 04:43:11 PM

He was only stating that it is glaringly obvious that ION is nothing more than a rebranded XPY, XPY2.0 if you will.

Every time a person related to ION comes in here they NEVER answer any of the lingering questions that have gone unanswered for DAYS now. This project is looking better and better every day!

Rick_James

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 10:49:09 PM

Someone - how about yourself? - should do an FAQ then. Because as far as I remember very few questions have actually been answered. Am I missing something? Has the business registration been revealed? ICO wallets? Anything else of substance?

I do recall Richard Nelson admitting to being the one behind the "ionomy" account. Most of the other questions were ignored or punted down the road.

Im not about to do an FAQ, If i would decide to invest, obviously some questions are not going to be answered here so I would attempt to get them answered however I could. If still left unanswered I would just not touch it its pretty simple really.
skinnyboy

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 05:44:27 AM

Im not about to do an FAQ, If i would decide to invest, obviously some questions are not going to be answered here so I would attempt to get them answered however I could. If still left unanswered I would just not touch it its pretty simple really.

Not quite that simple, actually.  If you come to a public place, make claims and solicit funds from people based on those claims and it turns out some of those claims are untrue, you have to expect that people are going to

a) ask lots of questions
b) warn other people to be wary when those questions go unanswered.

I was thinking to myself yesterday, if I approached my next door neighbour and claimed that I'd invented this great new gadget and I was seeking funding to help me build it, then told that neighbour that it's all legit and that I've registered a company to handle the business side of things when in fact I haven't, I'd pretty quickly find myself being investigated for fraud.

However, if I was to approach that same neighbour and say "I'm working on this service, I think it's going to be great, but I need some money to help me fund and build it, would you be willing to take a risk and help me, knowing full well that it's extremely high risk, in an industry with a staggeringly high failure rate?  Yes I've worked on a project before which I've learned from even though it didn't work out.  No, I haven't registered as a company but if things go well and the business takes off then I'll do so, and in return for your help now I'd agree to let you own some of the stock, either in the company or what the company creates, which you'd be able to sell on the open market" - then, in those circumstances, assuming that I was actually working on something, I'd have done nothing wrong.

Do you see how it works?

I don't understand why people assume that the crypto world, and this public forum, would operate any differently to the real world.  Why do you think it is that people suspend all expectations of normal behaviour when they come here touting their wares?

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 06:12:52 AM

But you stated in the post quoted above that "seems your legit questions (ones without simply taking pop shots and scam accusations) were answered". That contradicts what others are seeing and that's why I suggested you should post those questions and answers for everyone to see.
o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 06:52:54 AM

Same old shit different year.

Can't wait to see the blockchain and the masternode creations. You watch how many are made on day 1 and the marketplace sales and manipulation. These guys just can't help themselves when money is involved. They love anonymous stuff because they can tell you one thing and do the other and just say its all the others dumping their coins.

At least i've got my predictions down early on it this time Smiley I can reference my posts later and go tada.
Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 11:56:40 AM

But you stated in the post quoted above that "seems your legit questions (ones without simply taking pop shots and scam accusations) were answered". That contradicts what others are seeing and that's why I suggested you should post those questions and answers for everyone to see.

I think team ION is afraid to give answers, because they know that every lie and every empty promise they post will be archived and sent to the SEC and other authorities. I'm sure it sucks having to be that careful what you post all the time.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
soulistyce

Activity: 699
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 12:04:17 PM

this coin could have potencial but setting the ico price so high at start 0,20usd or 0,25usd i dont think its going to succeed
jokowi

Activity: 867
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 12:14:49 PM

waiting for the truth  Cheesy
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 02:49:42 PM

this coin could have potencial but setting the ico price so high at start 0,20usd or 0,25usd i dont think its going to succeed

It looks like they just want free money. To make themselves whole from the XPY fiasco?

As someone has said previously, if they were serious, it would have been a POW distribution phase and they would have to compete for their own coins. With skin in the game they have more incentive to make the project work out. With other people's money, as is the case with ION, not so much incentive.  That puts the onus on the investors to shill and advertise to get the coin known. The cowards way out in my opinion. They don't believe enough in the project to out their own money in, they need other people funds instead.

If they did put in their own funds, post the blockchain proof and I will recant this statement.

o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 10:03:46 PM

I think team ION is afraid to give answers, because they know that every lie and every empty promise they post will be archived and sent to the SEC and other authorities. I'm sure it sucks having to be that careful what you post all the time.

bingo... if we don't say anything then nobody can fine us
Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 04:11:33 AM

There's literally nothing being marketed here...they're just listing random statistics (wtf do those gamer spending statistics have to do with ANYTHING) and using fancy words to describe another random crapcoin:

Players receive token called “electrons” to reward their accomplishments in solo games and in sponsored tournaments. The electrons encourage increased engagement because they can be used in games and on the ionomy.com platform. On the website, they will be a coveted asset because they help investors earn ION more quickly. As players engage with ionomy.com through the platform and social games, they earn reputation opening up further incentives and opportunities to redeem reward.

ok, so you hold a bunch of random coins like every other crypto

The ionomy.com platform also offer a full featured financial platform that’s easy to use. Web-based wallets for both ION and Bitcoin (BTC) make it easy for users to store, send, and receive coin. Users can deposit ION into staking wallets to get more ION at fixed rates of return, paid daily. Users can trade Bitcoin and ION on a live exchange available on launch. The platform also allows instant conversion from most cryptocurrencies directly to ION.

wow a web wallet I don't have five of those bookmarked already

In addition to the web wallets on ionomy.com, individuals can store their ION on local private wallets. They are built for all major operating system. Anyone with their own wallet can earn ION staking rewards by keeping ION in their wallet and keeping their wallet connected to the internet. Intermediate and advanced users with 20,000 ION can host “masternodes.” Both wallets and masternodes help maintain and secure the network. They are rewarded with ION for that work. See the ION technical white paper for details.

OMG a desktop wallet too.  This is revolutionary!  And you even have the option of spending $5,000 to 'help maintain the network'

I must applaud you for the fine PR/design/marketing job. This was put together really well & if i hadn't actually read the walls of text on the site I might've thought 'investing' in this ICO was any excuse for a smart move!  Cheers Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: