Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:24:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473052 times)
pixelpowered

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:35:20 PM

Ok, here is my stab at an FAQ because obviously I care so much more than ionomists themselves  Roll Eyes

CryptoBuds, Phildo, anybody except boki15 really, please feel free to add any unanswered questions. Let's try to keep the questions short if we can.

Eye On F Ache U

Q: What is ION?
A: A frankenclone of Blackcoin and Dash.

Q: What is ionomy?
A: Mainly an online wallet for ION and some other features, e.g. an ION/BTC exchange.

Q: What's the connection with Paycoin and GAW?
A: ION was created by a team that tried to prop Paycoin (XPY) up for a year after GAW's demise, XPY being the extension of the hashlet ponzi scheme perpetrated by GAW owner/CEO Homero Joshua Garza. In April 2016 the team declared XPY dead, created their own new coin ION, rebranded xpy.io online wallet to ionomy.com, and converted xpy.io XPY balances to ION.

Q: What's the purpose of ION and ionomy.com?
A: Mobile game development with a focus on in-game use of ION. Announcement here, more info here.

Q: How was ION created and distributed?
A: xpy.io users had their XPY converted to ION at a 8:1 rate. Others had a chance to purchase ION via an ICO at $0.20-0.25. ION is 100% pre-mined with ~75% of the initial coin supply controlled by its creators.

Q: Who controls ION?
A: Ionomy PTE (a Singapore company) is the counterparty in ionomy.com TOS however such company does not exist.

Q: What happened to the exchanged XPY?
A: Some of it has been burned however it is unclear how much has been exchanged and what happened to the rest.

Q: What happened to the BTC collected during the ICO?
A: The team did not provide any details.

Q: Didn't they use escrow?
A: Nope.

Q: What will happen to the rest of the premine that the team still controls?
A: It is supposed to be used for bounties, promotions, etc.

Q: What are the addresses for bounty and other team wallets?

Q: What's with the stakers, masternodes, etc?
A: Stakers are ionomy.com online wallets paying interest rates of 15%-50% on term deposits. Masternodes are blockchain wallets with a 20k ION minimum balance. Masternodes share 50% of all block rewards (potentially ~50% APY in the first year).

Q: How many masternodes does the team own?

Q: Why does the team need new coins in addition to the pre-mine?

Q: How many games has ionomy.com produced?
A: None.

Q: How will the team work around Google Play and Apple rules prohibiting the use of third-party payment methods (such as ION) in mobile games?

Slight correction for bounty wallet from rdewilde
Dev bounty fund address, as some requested:
ih4X5nhzYVi6Nd4tcGX1qvtC47dzdThZV8

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 09:41:32 PM

Thanks! I think I will wait for more updates and then re-post the whole updated FAQ.

BTW did you check the balance? It's ~2.2 million, even though whitepaper states 2.5 million and the unsold ICO coins were supposed to go to the bounties as well (another 2+ million) (edit: scratch that - unsold coins might be in a bucket for a different purpose the address for which is not known yet). Also staking like crazy although I can't fathom a reason why these funds shouldn't be in a cold wallet.

This transparency thing is a major chore for these guys.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:52:43 PM

I'd like to know their approach to the games.

With the aim for 1 each month, does the team plan to maintain and update the games or do they have a built in shelf life? Intrested if the approach is quantity or quality or perhaps a combo of both with a transition later?

And I do have to say, rdwilde has been helpful with the questions. Thanks you for doing what you can!

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 10:03:44 PM

I'd like to know their approach to the games.

With the aim for 1 each month, does the team plan to maintain and update the games or do they have a built in shelf life? Intrested if the approach is quantity or quality or perhaps a combo of both with a transition later?

Thanks, I will add it to the next update.

And I do have to say, rdwilde has been helpful with the questions. Thanks you for doing what you can!

I concur. Even though I would often disagree with rd I appreciate his efforts.
simdude

Activity: 97
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 10:23:01 PM

Korvas, rdewilde, anyone else on the inside. Has there been any more clarification on how they will work with Google play to accept payment in game besides "amazon does it?"

My Guess at the process is to connect you to the ionomy.com platform. With that you can spend your ionomy.com coins on ingame items. You also will have the ability to purchase with Platform(google/ios) system. This is only a guess at what they might do. It is something i would do. If the Platform wont allow that. I know they allow GameCodes to be used. So then they could do a item store for the game a the site. Many Options i would say that does not effect the TOS. Reason why it would not effect the TOS over all is Crypto Is not currency in most of the world. Each option would need to be vetted. I guess that is what they are doing now and why we have not heard much about the TOS process.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 10:51:47 PM

Korvas, rdewilde, anyone else on the inside. Has there been any more clarification on how they will work with Google play to accept payment in game besides "amazon does it?"

My Guess at the process is to connect you to the ionomy.com platform. With that you can spend your ionomy.com coins on ingame items. You also will have the ability to purchase with Platform(google/ios) system. This is only a guess at what they might do. It is something i would do. If the Platform wont allow that. I know they allow GameCodes to be used. So then they could do a item store for the game a the site. Many Options i would say that does not effect the TOS. Reason why it would not effect the TOS over all is Crypto Is not currency in most of the world. Each option would need to be vetted. I guess that is what they are doing now and why we have not heard much about the TOS process.

Take Clash of Clans and the gem system. You can purchase them with real money through the respective App Store. But you can't take the gems out of the Clan ecosystem. Is it IONs intention of being able to remove said gems, in this case ION? That's is what worries me in respect to TOS. If it's a crypto, people will want access at all times.

Now maybe it is possible to transfer IONs to the Ionomy platform, but that seems too easy of a skirt of the TOS. The question is would people want to use another platform to use with their game purchased from an App Store, almost like a companion app? Curious is a research experiment such as this was conducted.

simdude

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 10:57:58 PM

Take Clash of Clans and the gem system. You can purchase them with real money through the respective App Store. But you can't take the gems out of the Clan ecosystem. Is it IONs intention of being able to remove said gems, in this case ION? That's is what worries me in respect to TOS. If it's a crypto, people will want access at all times.

Now maybe it is possible to transfer IONs to the Ionomy platform, but that seems too easy of a skirt of the TOS. The question is would people want to use another platform to use with their game purchased from an App Store, almost like a companion app? Curious is a research experiment such as this was conducted.

You dont generate ions in the system you generate the electrons which boosts your Stakers And hopefully do other things later down the line. the game would just take coin in if any. But again i dont know really what is going to be done i can only speculate.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 11:10:39 PM

You dont generate ions in the system you generate the electrons which boosts your Stakers And hopefully do other things later down the line. the game would just take coin in if any. But again i dont know really what is going to be done i can only speculate.

Thanks for the reply. I though that ION was going to be the in game currency and that is what would give them issues. Getting electrons out would be simple as they are not blockchain based. A simple code could be generated in game to enter into your stakers. If ION is not used in game there is no issue what so ever. But then what is the point in the coin...the Ionomy platform alone would be enough to satisfy those goals. Just thinking out loud, sorry if I rambled on.

simdude

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 11:20:37 PM

Thanks for the reply. I though that ION was going to be the in game currency and that is what would give them issues. Getting electrons out would be simple as they are not blockchain based. A simple code could be generated in game to enter into your stakers. If ION is not used in game there is no issue what so ever. But then what is the point in the coin...the Ionomy platform alone would be enough to satisfy those goals. Just thinking out loud, sorry if I rambled on.

I agree. I think you will be able to use what coin you have stored in ionomy.com threw the game to exchange for ingame items. But the outbound will be electrons. It should be interesting to see how it is done. I want to know if they do implement using the platform (Andorid/IOS) payment system for ingame items. What will the money generate from that go to. I don't expect 100% of the revenue to go to what ever but i expect like 5-25% to go to purchasing ion at exchange rate or something every month or week or whatever.

If i could create a way to accept cash payment on WorldOfHash.com then i would. And would buy BTC and ION with it. Right now i take 25% of all BTC generate on the site and purchase ION with it. But i would like to take in USD via some platform and purchase BTC with it.
pixelpowered

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 11:52:05 PM

I agree. I think you will be able to use what coin you have stored in ionomy.com threw the game to exchange for ingame items. But the outbound will be electrons. It should be interesting to see how it is done. I want to know if they do implement using the platform (Andorid/IOS) payment system for ingame items. What will the money generate from that go to. I don't expect 100% of the revenue to go to what ever but i expect like 5-25% to go to purchasing ion at exchange rate or something every month or week or whatever.

If i could create a way to accept cash payment on WorldOfHash.com then i would. And would buy BTC and ION with it. Right now i take 25% of all BTC generate on the site and purchase ION with it. But i would like to take in USD via some platform and purchase BTC with it.

I suggest you get a money transactor licence then for the site/location you live in. Then I can imagine more options opening up.
Am I reading the site correctly. Its a virtual mining game that gives out ION as the reward?

o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 12:22:59 AM

Thanks! I think I will wait for more updates and then re-post the whole updated FAQ.

BTW did you check the balance? It's ~2.2 million, even though whitepaper states 2.5 million and the unsold ICO coins were supposed to go to the bounties as well (another 2+ million) (edit: scratch that - unsold coins might be in a bucket for a different purpose the address for which is not known yet). Also staking like crazy although I can't fathom a reason why these funds shouldn't be in a cold wallet.

Since i haven't made a coin before can someone tell me how to find the original generated coins? I expected to use a block explorer to check block 1 i.e. the genesis block and see coins move from that but you don't see it.

Its quite easy to get the ip behind the ionomy website to match the hosting for the vps for their wallet masternodes as cloudflare doesn't mask this well enough when the domain service leaks it in other ways for the site.

Does anyone know how to find the originating generated coins? To verify their premine is as they said?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 12:50:05 AM

Since i haven't made a coin before can someone tell me how to find the original generated coins? I expected to use a block explorer to check block 1 i.e. the genesis block and see coins move from that but you don't see it.

Its quite easy to get the ip behind the ionomy website to match the hosting for the vps for their wallet masternodes as cloudflare doesn't mask this well enough when the domain service leaks it in other ways for the site.

Does anyone know how to find the originating generated coins? To verify their premine is as they said?

No easy way with the ionchain.com explorer unless simdude can tweak it somehow.

Technically you could either search for block 1 (but it doesn't show any TX now) or pick the top rich list address

https://ionchain.com/address/imR1kCRvFdTao2LrYoWJoFL7dMgnKm5p8S

and go backwards - but it only shows only 500 last TXs, which is not far enough.

So the only other option I can think of is start with block 1 and go block by block forward until you see coins being transferred out of the genesis address.

Not sure what the website IP address has to do with it - you're not suggesting they would keep the coins there? I think there were screenshots on slack that showed their actual node IP addresses.

Edit: actually this should work:

https://ionchain.com/ext/getlasttxs/10/10000000

Apparently this is the genesis address then:
https://ionchain.com/address/io9KqWqQGBWnZWwHrncstm7Ah5LNPJWfhT

These should be all transfers > 1 million coins:

https://ionchain.com/ext/getlasttxs/100/1000000

o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 01:36:42 AM

Technically you could either search for block 1 (but it doesn't show any TX now) or pick the top rich list address

and go backwards - but it only shows only 500 last TXs, which is not far enough.

So the only other option I can think of is start with block 1 and go block by block forward until you see coins being transferred out of the genesis address.

Not sure what the website IP address has to do with it - you're not suggesting they would keep the coins there? I think there were screenshots on slack that showed their actual node IP addresses.

So i was right in searching and its the shitty block explorer either meaning not to show it or not displaying enough info? You can't hide premine right it shows in block 1 and should from the word go? I suspected it should as you have to generate a block and award yourself somehow.

Unless there is something hardcoded key wise in the code with starting values. I have to go over some of the stuff i have but there is more masternodes than people think wise.

These address ranges which all resolve to the same vps hosting

104.156.253.x ==> there is 4 masternodes on this
45.32.148.x ==> there is 7 masternodes on this

I suspect these 11 are ionomy's at least as the others are scattered on hosting groups. This was from the start get go. You don't need a hosting group to run a masternode.. your own internet connection going and the wallet open is sufficient to run 1 masternode and most would do that i did it for darknet when i was messing around with masternodes to see how they worked etc. You only need a laptop to kick it off as the controller and then a wallet going 24/7 on a small brix pc that consumes less that 40w. Out of the 19 masternodes going or were at the time 11 is a pretty big chunk Smiley its at least 50% of the rewards... If you take the possibility of dev funds going to the runners of ionomy possibly running 1 or 2 of their own each it makes you think...
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 01:50:55 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2020, 11:58:06 PM by suchmoon

So i was right in searching and its the shitty block explorer either meaning not to show it or not displaying enough info? You can't hide premine right it shows in block 1 and should from the word go? I suspected it should as you have to generate a block and award yourself somehow.

Unless there is something hardcoded key wise in the code with starting values. I have to go over some of the stuff i have but there is more masternodes than people think wise.

I suspect these 11 are ionomy's at least as the others are scattered on hosting groups. This was from the start get go. You don't need a hosting group to run a masternode.. your own internet connection going and the wallet open is sufficient to run 1 masternode and most would do that i did it for darknet when i was messing around with masternodes to see how they worked etc. You only need a laptop to kick it off as the controller and then a wallet going 24/7 on a small brix pc that consumes less that 40w. Out of the 19 masternodes going or were at the time 11 is a pretty big chunk Smiley its at least 50% of the rewards... If you take the possibility of dev funds going to the runners of ionomy possibly running 1 or 2 of their own each it makes you think...

Yeah the block explorer is quite limited although the API links help.

Here are some pics from slack. List of masternodes:

Edited 2020-11-28 to fix a broken image

45.32.168.193 should be ionomy nodes (may have moved to 45.32.148 or whatever it is now):

Edited 2020-11-28 to fix a broken image
o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:00:23 AM

Yeah the block explorer is quite limited although the API links help.

Here are some pics from slack. List of masternodes:

45.32.168.193 should be ionomy nodes (may have moved to 45.32.148 or whatever it is now):

104.156.253 ==> the 104 ranges are hosted by choopa as well so likely ionomys or at least members doing the site. They'll bundle hosting all together so i suspect them own just a little more than the 3 listed. Now we should calculate the likely return on the coins they stake and see if it just meets those requirements. Didn't someone mention they will only masternode enough to stake for clients? Sounds like bullshit to me.

There was someone on their slack that mentioned their masternode gives them only 1-2 rewards per day. Means the others are getting a lot more... care to wonder what addresses those rewards go to?
pixelpowered

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:01:48 AM

Into the light I command thee.
Genesis
https://ionchain.com/block/a95229ce0d3980007d1f4981f551ce5065fff37229ff701aedcd8083f690b701

o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:05:31 AM

BTW this is horribly bad practice.

For those not versed in networking

an address like

45.32.148.69:4001
45.32.148.69:4002

These are both running on the same server instance with that ip address... all that changes is the port. I.e. as long as that specific pc has enough ram to support running the wallet multiple times 1 pc hosts many masternodes. Staking wallets are usually lightweight cpu wise and ram is cheap.

SO basically for a small cost outlay for a vps they get big rewards. There is a reason that many masternode coins only allow 1 masternode per IP address. This is to prevent people doing this providing a real cost to each ip address to distribute it more.

This is another red flag for ionomy. If they wanted the coin to be not centrally possible to control with the masternode network they would prevent this.

Why would you want your coins to filter through 1 pc 20 times as transaction points? Its a flawed system in one port out the other never leaves the 1 pc.

Add that to the list suchmoon... more dodginess. Multi masternodes on 1 ip address reduces ionomy costs for controlling masternode rewards.

EDIT
Im also willing to believe that their masternode age required before it can function as a masternode to be quite low. I suspect their nodes drop off a bit and they don't know why so they use the masternode restart-all or whatever it is command quite regularly.

Psst its because you host many per ip address so that starts happening and since you just copied the code and didn't look into fixing it thats your bug... this is why the ips are changing too... they prolly have dynamic ip vps's going cause they don't need the static address for their purpose. They prolly restart the boxes wondering why the nodes are dropping.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 02:12:21 AM

BTW this is horribly bad practice.

For those not versed in networking

an address like

45.32.148.69:4001
45.32.148.69:4002

These are both running on the same server instance with that ip address... all that changes is the port. I.e. as long as that specific pc has enough ram to support running the wallet multiple times 1 pc hosts many masternodes. Staking wallets are usually lightweight cpu wise and ram is cheap.

SO basically for a small cost outlay for a vps they get big rewards. There is a reason that many masternode coins only allow 1 masternode per IP address. This is to prevent people doing this providing a real cost to each ip address to distribute it more.

This is another red flag for ionomy. If they wanted the coin to be not centrally possible to control with the masternode network they would prevent this.

Why would you want your coins to filter through 1 pc 20 times as transaction points? Its a flawed system in one port out the other never leaves the 1 pc.

Add that to the list suchmoon... more dodginess. Multi masternodes on 1 ip address reduces ionomy costs for controlling masternode rewards.

There is already a question in the FAQ about how many masternodes the team controls. Let's face it - even if they wouldn't allow multiple nodes on the same IP it would still be a relatively low cost to use multiple VPS instances. You can't avoid centralization with a 100% premined unless the team offlines most of their coins and plays with open cards... no intention of that as far as I can see.

Yep, looks like it, just that the explorer GUI doesn't show the contents, you have to use the API:

https://ionchain.com/api/getblock?hash=a95229ce0d3980007d1f4981f551ce5065fff37229ff701aedcd8083f690b701

{
  "hash": "a95229ce0d3980007d1f4981f551ce5065fff37229ff701aedcd8083f690b701",
  "confirmations": 4132,
  "size": 210,
  "height": 1,
  "version": 7,
  "merkleroot": "838de258165ba46cf44423af719743d872e214f7a4ff6cd978ac4280c880851c",
  "mint": 10900000,
  "time": 1463415065,
  "nonce": 3145728768,
  "bits": "1e0fffff",
  "difficulty": 0.00024414,
  "blocktrust": "100001",
  "chaintrust": "200002",
  "previousblockhash": "000001a7bb3214e3e1d2e4c256082b817a3c5dff5def37456ae16d7edaa508be",
  "nextblockhash": "1a4883b01ac3fdb465769a404d529c6f9c3883e5bb55abbcf433baecb8fedfce",
  "flags": "proof-of-work",
  "proofhash": "00000f3205e1854626bcb925fd8d6257d3b6ea8f36737bc0cd5e17034a7e0fe9",
  "entropybit": 1,
  "modifier": "0000000000000000",
  "modifierv2": "9982c6747ef2f5b46bf07b62b2da2bcc55634e9b21d0bcf99f5c9e840b6fa001",
  "tx": [
    "838de258165ba46cf44423af719743d872e214f7a4ff6cd978ac4280c880851c"
  ]
}

https://ionchain.com/api/getrawtransaction?txid=838de258165ba46cf44423af719743d872e214f7a4ff6cd978ac4280c880851c&decrypt=1

{
  "hex": "0100000019f13957010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000ffffffff1d510419f139570820000001000000000d2f6e6f64655374726174756d2f00000000 010020ce6659df03002321029b1f1192bc3f8b9afd4e1a6356398b0e5b3ee1fa910ec2a40e659e2 14fef70bbac00000000",
  "txid": "838de258165ba46cf44423af719743d872e214f7a4ff6cd978ac4280c880851c",
  "version": 1,
  "time": 1463415065,
  "locktime": 0,
  "vin": [
    {
      "coinbase": "510419f139570820000001000000000d2f6e6f64655374726174756d2f",
      "sequence": 0
    }
  ],
  "vout": [
    {
      "value": 10900000,
      "n": 0,
      "scriptPubKey": {
        "asm": "029b1f1192bc3f8b9afd4e1a6356398b0e5b3ee1fa910ec2a40e659e214fef70bb OP_CHECKSIG",
        "reqSigs": 1,
        "type": "pubkey",
        "addresses": [
          "io9KqWqQGBWnZWwHrncstm7Ah5LNPJWfhT"
        ]
      }
    }
  ],
  "blockhash": "a95229ce0d3980007d1f4981f551ce5065fff37229ff701aedcd8083f690b701",
  "confirmations": 4139,
  "blocktime": 1463415065
}
o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 04:24:05 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2016, 05:03:32 AM by o0o0

Anybody want to give Matlack a call on his cell and get a statement about how isn't an obvious carbon copy of Ganza's paycoin scam?

ladrx, I am sure that 1 of us is Paul Revere.  I am also sure it is not me but we share the same name.  Grin If you want to give Paul Revere, ladrx or James Bussinger a call his last known number is .  His address is in my signature.  There is a lot more of his information on bitcointalk if you look around.

And this fits everything ionomy how?

I say give them both a call. Ask questions to both. I know one of them will give actual real statements and its not adam. Adam gives soon and in the next 2 months and we never said that and we have to answer questions just because you say so.
o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:05:48 AM

Anybody want to give Matlack a call on his cell and get a statement about how isn't an obvious carbon copy of Ganza's paycoin scam?

ladrx, I am sure that 1 of us is Paul Revere.  I am also sure it is not me but we share the same name.  Grin If you want to give Paul Revere, ladrx or James Bussinger a call his last known number is .  His address is in my signature.  There is a lot more of his information on bitcointalk if you look around.

And this fits everything ionomy how?

I say give them both a call. Ask questions to both. I know one of them will give actual real statements and its not adam. Adam gives soon and in the next 2 months and we never said that and we have to answer questions just because you say so.

James/Paul/ladrx was giving out phone numbers but forgets to leave his for a return call so I am just helping him out.

Paul however used his main account to post that info where yours isn't your main with 2-3 posts. Could you please maybe leave your number and main account for a return call so people can help you out as well? Just on the odd chance you are wrong or others want to assist you.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: