Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:46:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473052 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 06:43:54 PM

It's a benefit to all as the feedback given is based on a personal agenda of wanting Ionomy to succeed long term. Imagine if you were asked about something like say the Gravity launch. You could be lying in your feedback just focusing on whatever personal agenda you have. As you've no vested interest if it turns to shit you just walk away you've lost nothing.  

Multiple that by a hundred people then how do the Devs filter out bullshit.

If you have any better ideas on how a small dev team solicit feedback from the crypto market then lets hear it. The whales are just one datapoint the devs use to build a picture.    

Paying for the privilege of providing feedback does not make one smarter and more qualified to provide such feedback. If anything the "devs" should be thinking about the actual users, not a handful of whales.

But I'm sure you already know that, you're just trying to come up with some sort of justification for the money you put into this whale thing. I doubt it makes any sense to anybody outside of ionomy though so you might as well save your breath.

Never said that you did. I said that a financial commitment is confirmation of motivation. Of course the devs don't rely only on whales for feedback that's ridiculous. Whales are just one datapoint of many.

I didn't pay for the privilege to provide feedback I paid for atoms,electrons & ions but if asked will provide feedback as I've got a lot to lose if this goes south

Are you sure you're talking to me? "you did" what?

I was simply pointing out that having a vested interest is unlikely to make the feedback more valuable. The opposite is more likely seeing how some whales appear to be reluctant to demand accountability.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
korvas128

Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:05:48 PM

It's a benefit to all as the feedback given is based on a personal agenda of wanting Ionomy to succeed long term. Imagine if you were asked about something like say the Gravity launch. You could be lying in your feedback just focusing on whatever personal agenda you have. As you've no vested interest if it turns to shit you just walk away you've lost nothing.  

Multiple that by a hundred people then how do the Devs filter out bullshit.

If you have any better ideas on how a small dev team solicit feedback from the crypto market then lets hear it. The whales are just one datapoint the devs use to build a picture.    

Paying for the privilege of providing feedback does not make one smarter and more qualified to provide such feedback. If anything the "devs" should be thinking about the actual users, not a handful of whales.

But I'm sure you already know that, you're just trying to come up with some sort of justification for the money you put into this whale thing. I doubt it makes any sense to anybody outside of ionomy though so you might as well save your breath.

Never said that you did. I said that a financial commitment is confirmation of motivation. Of course the devs don't rely only on whales for feedback that's ridiculous. Whales are just one datapoint of many.

I didn't pay for the privilege to provide feedback I paid for atoms,electrons & ions but if asked will provide feedback as I've got a lot to lose if this goes south

Are you sure you're talking to me? "you did" what?

I was simply pointing out that having a vested interest is unlikely to make the feedback more valuable. The opposite is more likely seeing how some whales appear to be reluctant to demand accountability.

hmmmm I wasn't very clear was I..... sorry bout that

I meant to say that I didn't spend money to have the ability to provide feedback. I spent BTC so I could buy lots of atoms,electrons & ions because I believe in their vision and what they are trying to accomplish  Smiley

Ionomy V3 for Wallets - Masternodes - Trading - Games
https://ionomy.com/en/aff/46cbe5fa1d262e23665191a7c7864072

For the few TROLLS left some inconvenient statements of FACT
https://news.ionomy.com/just-to-be-clear/
pcminerx

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:18:50 PM

So an Atom is a token that gets you advanced information before non whales get said info.  That is straight up insider information. The whales can make buys or sells based on advanced information. How is that legal?

Where did I say that whales get advanced information?
pcminerx

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:21:05 PM

So an Atom is a token that gets you advanced information before non whales get said info.  That is straight up insider information. The whales can make buys or sells based on advanced information. How is that legal?

Insider's Trader information is quite illegal... Your accusation of "insider information" does not apply to this law...

pcminerx clearly stated that whales get advanced information that the rest of the customers don't get until a later time. How is that not insider information?

Show me where I said that. You are doctoring messages to prove your point, you do not need that.
pcminerx

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:32:57 PM

WildShark states that whales do receive advanced I formation: https://www.iontalk.net/t/sharkys-ion-faq/224/6

How is this not insider information? If a single ION was purchased by the whales while having advanced information is considered insider trading. Korvas just stated that he has been buying ION the entire time.

Could someone logically explain how this is not insider trading? All the word gymnastics going on about it must have me confused, my apologies.

It's only bad when others do it.

Whales have been constantly buying, whether there is news or not. They have been investing from the beginning because they believe in this project. Ion price has been fairly steady for some time, there is not really anything exciting about the trading. I think the volume in ionomy now is mostly from people buying ion's for master nodes.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 07:44:13 PM

WildShark states that whales do receive advanced I formation: https://www.iontalk.net/t/sharkys-ion-faq/224/6

How is this not insider information? If a single ION was purchased by the whales while having advanced information is considered insider trading. Korvas just stated that he has been buying ION the entire time.

Could someone logically explain how this is not insider trading? All the word gymnastics going on about it must have me confused, my apologies.

Whales have been constantly buying, whether there is news or not. They have been investing from the beginning because they believe in this project. Ion price has been fairly steady for some time, there is not really anything exciting about the trading. I think the volume in ionomy now is mostly from people buying ion's for master nodes.

I'm still not sure I understand why those whale meetings need to be "secret" then. If there is no "insider" info (?) and it's all just constructive development discussion then what/whom could it possibly hurt if it were made public?
WildShark

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 07:46:17 PM

So an Atom is a token that gets you advanced information before non whales get said info.  That is straight up insider information. The whales can make buys or sells based on advanced information. How is that legal?

Insider's Trader information is quite illegal... Your accusation of "insider information" does not apply to this law...

pcminerx clearly stated that whales get advanced information that the rest of the customers don't get until a later time. How is that not insider information?

Show me where I said that. You are doctoring messages to prove your point, you do not need that.

I did not state "Whales do receive advanced information"  providing a link does not prove your statement is correct??? your link reference the answers from another whale you mistook for me!!!

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
pcminerx

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:50:35 PM

I'm still not sure I understand why those whale meetings need to be "secret" then. If there is no "insider" info (?) and it's all just constructive development discussion then what/whom could it possibly hurt if it were made public?

It is constructive development discussion as you say, also based on new developments that will be made public as well. Whales get the chance to discuss and give their opinion, and the team listens.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:55:54 PM

Sharkie here used to imply that whales get some advance info. Is that really happening?

--> Correct. That was part of the deal when the initial atoms were sold.

Straight from your post a couple pages back. Memory problems perhaps?

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 07:57:37 PM

It is constructive development discussion as you say, also based on new developments that will be made public as well. Whales get the chance to discuss and give their opinion, and the team listens.

Ok, but that's not really an answer to my question. If there is no insider info, i.e. whales don't have any distinct benefit from that discussion then it would seem whales wouldn't care if/when that info is made public. So why not make it public? Like immediately after the meeting, if not live? Wouldn't the small investors appreciate that, or am I again missing the boat here by trying to apply conventional logic?
pcminerx

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:58:16 PM

Sharkie here used to imply that whales get some advance info. Is that really happening?

Well getting info in advance is not getting advanced info.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:58:38 PM

Look at my post above this one. Are you saying you didn't post what I quoted above?

CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:59:44 PM

Well getting info in advance is not getting advanced info.

Now we're gonna get into word games.  Take a look above at what I quoted from you. Now you are saying that whales don't get information in advance? (advanced information is the same as information in advance)

WildShark

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 08:01:24 PM

This is the answers from another whale.. Where did I state any info in your link?  What you a trying to do is misdirect from the incorrect statement you are claiming were said...

or in simple terms "take the thread off the topic for the post"

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
pcminerx

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 08:01:34 PM

Look at my post above this one. Are you saying you didn't post what I quoted above?

I looked up. I never said whales are getting advanced information.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 08:04:12 PM

Pcminerx: explain what this means then:

YOU answered that question. Straight from YOUR post a few pages back.

CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 08:06:47 PM

@suchmoon:

So what can you tell us about the whale meetings?

--> There is a future for ion. I am really sorry I cannot give you any more details now.

Are whales getting more questions answered?

--> Correct, because they ask more questions.

Are any whales at all concerned about anything us "trolls" discuss here, like no transparency on the blockchain, no Ionomy PTE, delays with the game etc?

--> Not as much as in this thread but they still are. They are investors and need to protect their investment.

How many whales are there?

--> According to the leaderboard on ionomy.com there are eight now (5000 atoms or more).

pcminerx: this is your post. You stated yes to the question of if whales get information in advance. Did you not type this post?

pcminerx

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 08:07:25 PM

Whales get some info about possible developments and can discuss about it in a constructive way. Edit: you were quoting me as if I said we are getting advanced info, but I think you meant that we get info in advance, sorry about the confusion.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 08:08:54 PM

Whales get some info about possible developments and can discuss about it in a constructive way.

And that would be getting info in advance that other community members don't get till a later date. Twist the words around however you want, but you in fact answered the question.

And whether you do or not, market advantage moves can be made with said info.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 08:09:13 PM

This is the answers from another whale.. Where did I state any info in your link?  What you a trying to do is misdirect from the incorrect statement you are claiming were said...

or in simple terms "take the thread off the topic for the post"

Shark, learn to quote/link/attribute and you won't have any "misdirections". Most of your thread doesn't link to sources and doesn't show authorship of what's basically a verbatim copypasta for the most part.
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: