Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:50:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So I got a reply earlier tonight from Mark Shuttleworth himself  (Read 2061 times)
notig (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 08:07:16 AM

my email: " I thought I would toss an idea your way. It would be very cool if  the mobile software part of ubuntu supported bitcoin as a form of payment in the future. You would be the only mobile platform to do so and that alone would attract  (freedom-loving) users and interest. Bitcoin is a decentralized currency with no central authority. It's payments are irreversible. And if you reply to me with good news I hope you don't mind if I share it"

response: "It's a super suggestion, thank you."

I realize that isn't a yes or not but it sounds good to me anyways.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BasementMiner!

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 08:39:15 AM

Yeah kinda not believing this, since he is not CEO anymore, he is product design so I don't see why he would be answering an email about payment... Screenshots

Assuming screenshots are as legitimate as the OP's post.
notig (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 08:53:33 AM

I actually shot him an email in 2006 and he replied back. I was surprised. Anyways I emailed him earlier tonight replying to that same email.

I'll tell you what... we can make a wager . >: )
nsfsj

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 09:08:19 AM

I actually shot him an email in 2006 and he replied back. I was surprised. Anyways I emailed him earlier tonight replying to that same email.

I'll tell you what... we can make a wager . >: )

Hahaha wager, I don't gamble and if I was to bet I would do 100 btcs, which you probably don't have so don't try to be cool and go down that road. So either prove it or not, cause we know your lying he is a product design guy, he ain't going to respond to it and if he did, there isn't much he really can do but pass it on. So in both cases it isn't really looking good.

"..If I was to bet I would do 100btcs..." - Ok, you won, your cooler than him.
Mark obviously has a say in this. He is one of the founders of Canonical Ltd. And when did product designers stop answering e-mails? Not sure how big of an impact it would be if they started to accept bitcoins, but that has nothing to do with the truth of the matter. Might be false, but I would not assume that on the grounds you argue.
nsfsj

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 10:07:54 AM

"..If I was to bet I would do 100btcs..." - Ok, you won, your cooler than him.

I am not trying to be cooler than anyone one here, but he obviously just creating FUD and now trying to scam a bet if to be made he wouldn't pay anyway.

Mark obviously has a say in this. He is one of the founders of Canonical Ltd.
LMAO just cause your founder doesn't mean you can jump into a company and demand things be changed... Go learn how companies work, cause you must have missed that day in school.

And when did product designers stop answering e-mails?

I never said he stopped answering emails... but being product doesn't mean he can read an email and get things changed. I doubt OP didn't get anything but a delivery error or he would have posted a screenshot by not and he hasn't.

but that has nothing to do with the truth of the matter. Might be false, but I would not assume that on the grounds you argue.

Then on what grounds? I like when people have an opinion about facts yet they can't back it up with anything.

He obviously can not demand anything, but I'm sure that the board (if a payment option discussion even gets that high) would value his words. The way you argue makes me believe you are just trolling ("Go learn how companies work..." is one example) but I'll answer you anyway. You do not know who I am and I know very little about you, so please do not assume things. To use your own words "I like when people have an opinion about facts yet they can't back it up with anything". What do I need to back up? Many high profile IT personalities answers e-mails, and Mark is probably one of them.

The fact that you think a screenshot proves anything settles this argument I believe...
notig (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 01:56:23 PM

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 04:25:02 PM

Well that just about settles that.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 04:27:33 PM

Good job!

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 06:26:52 PM

the international love rat of mystery?

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
nsfsj

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 06:34:08 PM

He obviously can not demand anything, but I'm sure that the board (if a payment option discussion even gets that high) would value his words. The way you argue makes me believe you are just trolling ("Go learn how companies work..." is one example) but I'll answer you anyway. You do not know who I am and I know very little about you, so please do not assume things. To use your own words "I like when people have an opinion about facts yet they can't back it up with anything". What do I need to back up? Many high profile IT personalities answers e-mails, and Mark is probably one of them.

The fact that you think a screenshot proves anything settles this argument I believe...

But the board (which he is on) can't dictate day to day operations like this. Basically all they have control of is some of the money, to make sure the CEO is doing the best job he can, and to keep investors happy. Again Go Learn how a company works which you have yet to done so your talking this non-sense. I don't need to know you, I can tell by your writing and what your saying that you have no idea how a company like Canonical works.

You made claims that my arguments weren't sufficient for you, so where was your facts that lead you to believe that this fake, you had none. Otherwise you would have said them. I NEVER HE SAID DIDN"T ANSWER EMAILS! The fact that he is talking about a payment system when he really has no idea if he could have the company implement it is a different story, read my post.

First, it is rather hard to understand you. Please take some time and read through your posts before pressing the 'Post'-button next time. I will not start an argument about me knowing more than you about how big companies decision flow work, but they do not all work the same. The board does not only care about the job of the CEO, either, but you know that for sure. The discussion here was if the author of this threads claims were true or not and I stand by that it is more likely true than not. The cheer pointlessness of a lie like this is enough.

If Mark comes with this bitcoin idea to whoever owns the payment question, chances are they will listen. It is as simple as that. I think most people here realize by know that you argue for the sake of it. Lets leave it at that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: