Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:37:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It looks like the community is supporting Bitcoin  (Read 885 times)
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:22:45 PM

People need to get the "Bitcoin is used for crime" and the "Bitcoin is dead" and the "blockchain is the only useful thing about Bitcoin" out of their heads, and see that the real value in Bitcoin is that you own and control your own money and don't depend on banks.

It's weird how people here assume that everyone wants to be his own bank.
How about being your own plumber? your own butcher? your own garbage man? your own tailor? your own brain surgeon?
Think of the money you'll save! The material of a bespoke Italian suit that cost you 6 grand is probably $200 at most! And if you're your own weaver, that $200 fabric will cost you $50 in thread!

Self-reliance is good character trait to cultivate. To answer your questions.... I do most of my own plumbing. Last Saturday I butchered one of my goats. I cut my garbage service last month (at least until unburnable refuse accumulates and/or wet weather intervenes next winter), my wife and daughters are developing their tailoring skills. I'll admit I'm taking a pass on the brain surgeon thing, though our four kids were all born at home.

In a world where people can't change their own oil or mow their own lawn competently any more, developing good hands-on skills provides many benefits both in life satisfaction and in competency to take on new tasks, whether in your occupation or avocationally. That would apply to banking and investing as well.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
whored

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:31:18 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2016, 03:42:39 PM by whored

People need to get the "Bitcoin is used for crime" and the "Bitcoin is dead" and the "blockchain is the only useful thing about Bitcoin" out of their heads, and see that the real value in Bitcoin is that you own and control your own money and don't depend on banks.

It's weird how people here assume that everyone wants to be his own bank.
How about being your own plumber? your own butcher? your own garbage man? your own tailor? your own brain surgeon?
Think of the money you'll save! The material of a bespoke Italian suit that cost you 6 grand is probably $200 at most! And if you're your own weaver, that $200 fabric will cost you $50 in thread!

Self-reliance is good character trait to cultivate. To answer your questions.... I do most of my own plumbing. Last Saturday I butchered one of my goats. I cut my garbage service last month (at least until unburnable refuse accumulates and/or wet weather intervenes next winter), my wife and daughters are developing their tailoring skills. I'll admit I'm taking a pass on the brain surgeon thing, though our four kids were all born at home.

In a world where people can't change their own oil or mow their own lawn competently any more, developing good hands-on skills provides many benefits both in life satisfaction and in competency to take on new tasks, whether in your occupation or avocationally. That would apply to banking and investing as well.

There's your problem right there. You think people don't change their own oil because they can't. I'm here to tell you (as someone who has restored many cars, frame-up, doing everything from machine work to upholstery myself) that I don't change my own oil (in the daily beater) *because I do not want to*. I'd rather spend my time doing something I like to do. Just like a surgeon might want to spend his time on something other than his plumbing.
See?

Edit: That's what living in a *society* is all about. You don't *have* to shoe your own horse, you can go to the village blacksmith, who is set up for such thing & does it better & faster. In exchange, he will come to you when he needs his plumbing done, because you're better at plumbing.
Everyone wins Smiley
P.S. Not sure how to interpret your sig in light of you being on a money changer forum.
dearbesz

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 06:43:43 PM

It looks like the community is supporting Bitcoins?

every time we read here in this forum that Bitcoin is dead, there are lots
of community will rise up to support continously to Bitcoins. Smiley
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 07:00:35 PM

Exactly such trustful supporting were the cause to reach such a large number of users as well grow high in a very short time though many indicated bitcoin to be dead as well its close to the days of dying.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 07:07:22 PM

Exactly such trustful supporting were the cause to reach such a large number of users as well grow high in a very short time though many indicated bitcoin to be dead as well its close to the days of dying.
There was no chance of Bitcoin dying at all, there was a point where the community was demoralized because of the low value after the massive manipulation coming out of Mt.Gox, but this value seems to be relatively organic and natural, so it all seems good and it looks like everything will be fine with Bitcoin over the next few months.

Bitcoin never truly dies.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: