Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:02:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gedanken: Bitcoin  (Read 614 times)
cjmoles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 08:50:52 PM

Okay, just for kicks and without getting too technical...Can we run a thought exchange on some theoretical ideas that might be germane to the future development of the bitcoin blockchain?

It seems that while the whole blockchain ledger concept is ingenious, its conceptual structure could be improved upon to make it more relevant to future developments in technology.  Right?

How large can the blockchain ledger get and how efficient will it be in the future?  It seems to me that a serial type of ledger would pose tremendous burdens technologically as it bloats.  Why not start thinking about a way to secure the blockchain with a more parallel data structure? If such an advance could be achieved, then it would solve many of the  problems that are arising in the present, as well as, positioning it to be relevant in the future.

In this gedanken, I am thinking (I'm getting out there) a fractal type of data structure, a Mandelbrot function if you will!  What if separate transactions could be approved and verified on several nodes simultaneously? If they could be referenced, addressed, and logged into the ledger, not by the traditional radix trie type data structure, but by a fractalized data structure?  Tentatively speaking, one of the peculiarities of fractals is that their outer branches are exact copies of the whole....so what's done to the whole is reflected in the part and what's done in the part is reflected in the whole. See where I want to take this?

Imagine being able to take one block of information from the ledger (fractal block) and having it contain all of the information of the entire blockchain (fractal chain).  What could we do with such a data structure and could something like that be implemented if we rethought blockchain ledgers in terms of fractal mathematics?

Remember: orbital satellites were a thing of science fiction at one point....our imaginations are valuable tools!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: