Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:01:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Centralization Concerns  (Read 2443 times)
RealBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 07:03:16 AM

RBC -

1) It can probably be done, and it can be done intelligently. I`m sure there are tons of microearning services out there that people love to do. It is doable.

2) Well lets just leave that to tech people. I`m sure putting bitcoin out to unncesessary risks like a hardfork is not a wise idea, when thousands of hackers are waiting for a small vulnerability to have it their way.

3) Have you ever heard of solar panels? We dont live in the stoneage anymore with coal plants Cheesy

4) Thats probably the hard edge of technology, I mean chips smaller than 16 nm? It would be pretty hard to do, and even if they do it, it will slow them down. So a mining equipment purchased today will have a slower deflation than all previous models.

So I`m sure those that get into mining today, can be luckyer than previous miners. So small mining is not entirely out the window yet.

5) Sure but the efficiency improvements will resemble a log curve, not an exponential one. The rate of efficiency increase will decrease. This is just natural, you cant grow forever.

6) No we dont need a ruler for bitcoin. Bitcoin has to work as it is, and no powergrabs.

7) Well you just gave a good idea. Bitcoin mining chips integrated in heating systems. That way the extra heat will warm up the house in cold climates Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: