Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:49:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I am trying to spend coins but it's not working  (Read 1110 times)
slardar (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 12:18:36 AM

I am new to bitcoin (also somewhat computer illiterate ),  using electrum, and I have a transaction at unconfirmed, 0 confirmations / pending for over 12 hours.. I lost connectivity when sending this and it has been stuck this way for a while, how to force some kind of rescan or resend the transaction?

Thanks!
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 03:15:07 AM

check if your transaction is in here:
http://www.bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/txlist/

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
slardar (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 05:23:53 PM

Yeah, it's there, does that mean it will eventually clear?
Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 09:45:58 AM

Did you send it without any fee perhaps?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 11:09:02 PM

Yeah, it's there, does that mean it will eventually clear?
That depends; which one is it?
Transactions need to conform to a variety of rules to be included in a block (confirmed), and these rules are not the same across all miners. If you hop on IRC, a pool operator might be able to include your transaction. Another possibility is to spend the change back to yourself with a ridiculous fee; some custom miners will recognize the net gain and include your tx.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: