Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:38:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Recent Price Bump  (Read 2570 times)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:29:12 AM

Such a pleasant place to post
Being nice is not necessary.
As for segwit, I'm still not sure if I want to agree or disagree with it. But that shouldn't be in this section, as this is speculation.
There's nothing really to disagree with it. All (or the majority) of the developers are 'fond' of Segwit. Regardless of whether you agree, or disagree with it, it will be merged.

EDIT: they still don't accept bitcoin but apparently they are officially doing the groundwork. ref: https://redd.it/4fuk6c
There is no official announcement from Valve, so do not use the word 'official'.

Valve has started it nonetheless, they have been sending Emails to developers and publishers telling them about this the Email contents are in that reddit post and Valve has already confirmed they have sent such emails to news sites. http://coinjournal.net/bitcoin-coming-steam/

but it is not yet posted on something like steamcommunity.com

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:57:40 AM

More buyers than sellers.  Thank you, Jesse Livermore.

And as I write this,  we're at 445ish which really isn't all that much of a gain in the world of bitcoin.  Wake me up when we hit 500.

If you're in need of $500, patience is required for few weeks, as the price is expected to get hold around the price of $450 for few days.
Natweast

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 11:03:27 AM

The SegWit was planned to go live late this month according to the road map. So the price rise. If it is delayed, the price might drop.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 11:23:14 AM

The SegWit was planned to go live late this month according to the road map. So the price rise. If it is delayed, the price might drop.

Yeah right. Because something might be implemented a few days later, or maybe a few weeks, the price will drop. Roll Eyes
You could say that when SegWit would have flaws and therefore not work. But not because of a small delay.
Things have to be done properly. The pull request had been done. SegWit will come soon. If the price will drop the reasons for that will be different ones.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 11:59:49 AM

i think the biggest news so far was the steam news. i saw it first on reddit/r/bitcoin first page and i was so happy that they finally are doing something about this.

--looking for signature--
Natweast

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 09:38:43 AM

The SegWit did not go live last month. So it is a missed opportunity. I hope it will be implemented some time next month.
rekinthis

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 10:54:34 AM

Trying to put a finger on the nice increase recently...
Some possibilities:
Segwit going live
Open Bizzaar up and running
Steam BTC acceptance

Other thoughts?

open bazaar is good for bitcoin, same with steam, so it rises price, but i think this huge price rise now was because of halving, it is a almost main reason why price rises

lots of people know about halving now, and they know that price should rise, maybe to new ATH, so lots of people buys bitcoins now just to sell them later and that rises price

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Erzatium

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:33:29 AM

More buyers than sellers.  Thank you, Jesse Livermore.

And as I write this,  we're at 445ish which really isn't all that much of a gain in the world of bitcoin.  Wake me up when we hit 500.

If you're in need of $500, patience is required for few weeks, as the price is expected to get hold around the price of $450 for few days.
As you can see now you see that the value is now around this time rising slowly and that is because it already kept stable for a long time and that is nice for the currency.
But it can takes a long time until the value will be more worth because it is rising slowly so it needs time.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:55:21 AM

Some possibilities:
Segwit going live
Steam BTC acceptance

Other thoughts?

open bazaar is good for bitcoin, same with steam, so it rises price, but i think this huge price rise now was because of halving, it is a almost main reason why price rises

lots of people know about halving now, and they know that price should rise, maybe to new ATH, so lots of people buys bitcoins now just to sell them later and that rises price
Segwit is still far away and I doubt people even consider it at this point. Open Bazaar is nice technological demo of decentralized market place... and that is it. For now.
Steam acceptance from the other side was huge deal. The biggest online gameshop finally embracing Bitcoin - it boosted Bitcoin credibility to the moon imo.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 12:27:44 PM

Some possibilities:
Segwit going live
Steam BTC acceptance

Other thoughts?

Here we go.

Another thread trying to 'explain' market action that fits no explanation.....as though everytime a market moved, it must be due to some 'news'.

95% of the time that a market moves, it has nothing to do with any 'event'.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Ejanend

Activity: 460
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 07:26:46 PM

I do not think the price rise recently is the result of a pump. It has been within the rang for some time.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 07:34:52 PM

I do not think the price rise recently is the result of a pump. It has been within the rang for some time.

it's an expected price increase till now in the runup to the block halving. i only don't know how much steam there is left to push the price much higher than $500 in the coming months.
Natweast

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:13:14 PM

it's an expected price increase till now in the runup to the block halving. i only don't know how much steam there is left to push the price much higher than $500 in the coming months.

There is no continuous price increase until now. It is just range trading. Today's price has dropped to the bottom.
Ejanend

Activity: 460
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 09:19:21 AM

There is no continuous price increase until now. It is just range trading. Today's price has dropped to the bottom.

The bitcoin price breached the $500 for the last two days. If it stays above that level, we are in a new era.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
ebookscreator

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 09:23:47 AM

The bitcoin price breached the $500 for the last two days. If it stays above that level, we are in a new era.
I think the price will not stay at 500 since the price 4 hours ago i saw its $534 and now its reduce back to $517 according to preev price.. and i think it will reduce more if more holders are attracting to sell it because of increases..

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄    ▄████████
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄▀█████████
     ▄████▀▀            ▀▀█   ▀███████
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄ ▄█▄▄   ▀██▀
  ████▀   ████▀█████████▀ ▀██▄▄▄▄█
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀   ▀██    ▄▀  ████
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀ ▄▄████   ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

[]
▄██▄▄
██████▄▄
█████████▄▄
█████████████▄▄
█████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
████████████████████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
█████████▀▀
██████▀▀
▀██▀▀

GET IT ON
Google Play
Winoc

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 02:12:04 PM

I think the price will not stay at 500 since the price 4 hours ago i saw its $534 and now its reduce back to $517 according to preev price.. and i think it will reduce more if more holders are attracting to sell it because of increases..
I think we are very close to the halving so this much reduction in the price is not something we should worry about..If you see now the price is 528$ which is again a good sign for us..
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 02:24:18 PM

only the big boys in china knows what will happen as they have been pumping the price like there is no tomorrow. my guess is that it will fall back to below $500 on exchanges as bitfinex, but that it will remain slightly above $500 in china. there has to be a break somewhere.
sillug

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 02:27:13 PM

I think that you're trying to find some explanations where there isn't one. I'd just say that it is the halving rally which has already started.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 02:50:31 PM

Just enjoy the ride guys!
If we should fall back below $500 there will be some great opportunity for more accumulation.
And I doubt we won't stay long below 500.The halving is coming closer and closer.The hype slowly starts to kick in.Get some popcorn and ENJOY! Cool
Washika

Activity: 332

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 07:02:12 PM

I think that you're trying to find some explanations where there isn't one. I'd just say that it is the halving rally which has already started.

That could be right. The market usually react earlier than people expect. The block chain hype will also help.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: