Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:53:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Coinabul still operating?  (Read 5627 times)
EngMan

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:05:21 AM

After reading this, and with the slow, slow no-contact issues I had with them months ago, i will never purchase from them again. I was lucky in that I got my metal. If the buyer did nothing wrong, why haven't you or the insurance company made them whole? Sounds like the buyer did nothing wrong, except doing business with you.

Sorry, I'm all sold out of x6500's.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 01:28:20 PM

yeah just a warning I never got my 2 bars of silver from coinabul some 6 months ago, or a refund on my 8btc paid... why ?? because the guy never paid customs and apparently the bars were returned to sender, but coinabul never repaid me the BTC or declared they recieved the bars back... a trusted friend of mine then told me to watch out for coinabul as the guy running it is a sly piece of work and skimps on anything and he was not surprised by my situation...

btw it took like 2 months for the guy to even send the bars in the first place.... if he ever did...

Have you tried contacting us?

Yes i contacted you initially when the item was returned to sender... your response was that you would look into it once the bars were returned.. i sent emails about 1-2 months ago asking if anything had been recieved and if i could get a refund... no replies Sad i can send again if u need to look up tracking info and order numbers etc?

ty for replying in here Smiley
I'm not sure who you are, so please send again. I'll figure out what happened!

Thanks,
-Jon
Hi jon just sent an email to contact@coinabul.com, I await your response Smiley
Can you send it to jon [at] coinabul.com. Contact emails do not always go to me.

Jon,

I have sent you a PM and a support email at this address.  I would like a confirmation of my purchase and an ETA ASAP. 

If my purchase goes smoothly I will review your service here and in another thread. 

Thanks,
Rex

deadweasel

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 11:24:35 PM

Coingenuity has fixed all issues.

Emails:  They are being tagged as spam by major providers because of keywords.  This is not ideal, but hard to get around.  As an IT guy, I know what a pain this can be.  Even if you get it fixed, it will take a long time for the filters to update.

Communication:  As soon as the staff wakes up, they handle the issues in order.  It may take 4-12 hours to get through all support emails.  But if you ask them for your invoice, they will send you a professional PDF of your purchase.  They also will update you with the shipping date.  

Location:  They ship from the US and have setup near airports to make it as quick as possible.  Shipments leaving the US are subject to customs of the destination countries.  This is not their fault -- they don't own CUSTOMS.  But they seem to work hard to sort these issues out.  

I feel confident they are working hard, sometimes 20hrs a day, to handle the large influx of purchases.  My communication with Jon has been excellent.  

If you have any questions about my purchases or experience, don't hesitate to PM.  

Cheers,
A Dead Weasel

Coinabul

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 12:50:34 AM

Emails:  They are being tagged as spam by major providers because of keywords.  This is not ideal, but hard to get around.  As an IT guy, I know what a pain this can be.  Even if you get it fixed, it will take a long time for the filters to update.

Communication:  As soon as the staff wakes up, they handle the issues in order.  It may take 4-12 hours to get through all support emails.  But if you ask them for your invoice, they will send you a professional PDF of your purchase.  They also will update you with the shipping date.  

Location:  They ship from the US and have setup near airports to make it as quick as possible.  Shipments leaving the US are subject to customs of the destination countries.  This is not their fault -- they don't own CUSTOMS.  But they seem to work hard to sort these issues out.  

I feel confident they are working hard, sometimes 20hrs a day, to handle the large influx of purchases.  My communication with Jon has been excellent.  

If you have any questions about my purchases or experience, don't hesitate to PM.  

Cheers,
A Dead Weasel

We're going to be fixing the email issue pretty soon. The delays have been getting our full attention until recently unfortunately.

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
shiftybugger (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 11:03:18 AM

How much are they paying you?

I'm an IT guy too. No emails from Coinabul went to spam. I did receive some emails from them so I know they weren't being blocked.

They didn't handle issues with my order.
shiftybugger (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 11:13:36 AM

If the buyer did nothing wrong, why haven't you or the insurance company made them whole? Sounds like the buyer did nothing wrong, except doing business with you.

This.

I've experienced some epic failures in customer service in my time, but this is the only one that has ended with, "Sorry, you're shit outta luck."
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 11:49:04 AM

Cheers,
A Dead Weasel

We're going to be fixing the email issue pretty soon. The delays have been getting our full attention until recently unfortunately.
Great, could you actually ship my order?
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 10:13:25 PM

Just to say Jon has been very good and quick to respond to me now that I am emailing him direct, and he has resent the bars to me as of today (or yesterday perhaps) and I should be receiving them in 7 days he says, so I will update here once I have them in my hands.

Point to note as well he did not ask me to repay for shipping, so far he has been very good at resolving my order and hats off to him... but obviously I do not have the bars yet so still could turn sour.. but i get the feeling he wants to resolve the matter as this thread shows signs of very bad business... but i think we "may" be the few... just hope you get your orders to TradeFortress

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 12:12:47 PM

Cheers,
A Dead Weasel

Great, could you actually ship my order?
Send me a pm or email with order info and I can give you an update.

Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 12:14:52 PM

I'm an IT guy too. No emails from Coinabul went to spam. I did receive some emails from them so I know they weren't being blocked.

It's your mail provider blackhole-ing likely spam. Not spambox on the client end.

As for your order, we filed with the insurance company, they said no. We can't do anything more. I'm sorry.

-Jon

Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2013, 12:00:40 PM

It's your mail provider blackhole-ing likely spam. Not spambox on the client end.

As for your order, we filed with the insurance company, they said no. We can't do anything more. I'm sorry.

-Jon

Was there anything special about this order or could this happen to anyone of your future customers?

The Insurance company decided to refuse his claim. Nothing we could do on our end to stop them. We've since then purchased different insurance because of their terrible refusal. It shouldn't happen again, but like any insurance company, they can on occasion deny claims.

Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2013, 07:56:38 PM

-Jon

Was there anything special about this order or could this happen to anyone of your future customers?

The Insurance company decided to refuse his claim. Nothing we could do on our end to stop them. We've since then purchased different insurance because of their terrible refusal. It shouldn't happen again, but like any insurance company, they can on occasion deny claims.

So you admit and agree that the buyer just got shafted here because the insurance you picked failed you?

How do you know the second insurance company is better? What can you do to assure future potential customers that if you lose their gold they are not out of luck?

We picked a better insurance package. We've shipped thousands of packages. This is the only one that got lost and the insurance company denied. There will always be a bit of risk, but we do everything to minimize it. We don't like it happening either.

shiftybugger (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 08:52:12 AM

So you admit and agree that the buyer just got shafted here because the insurance you picked failed you?

How do you know the second insurance company is better? What can you do to assure future potential customers that if you lose their gold they are not out of luck?

We picked a better insurance package. We've shipped thousands of packages. This is the only one that got lost and the insurance company denied. There will always be a bit of risk, but we do everything to minimize it. We don't like it happening either.

Given they didn't even offer to replace half of the bullion, refund the postage, heck, even to refund the insurance portion of the postage, it hasn't cost them a cent. So I'm not sure why they don't like it happening.

Jay told me (at the time) that mine has been the only package to go missing. If that is true, then their recovery rate for lost packages is 0%. If your happy with those odds, buy from them by all means.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 12:12:04 PM

Just to say Jon has been very good and quick to respond to me now that I am emailing him direct, and he has resent the bars to me as of today (or yesterday perhaps) and I should be receiving them in 7 days he says, so I will update here once I have them in my hands.

Point to note as well he did not ask me to repay for shipping, so far he has been very good at resolving my order and hats off to him... but obviously I do not have the bars yet so still could turn sour.. but i get the feeling he wants to resolve the matter as this thread shows signs of very bad business... but i think we "may" be the few... just hope you get your orders to TradeFortress

Ok nope jon asked for 0.5BTC to reship this so he has not giving me the shipping again for free.... but that was a little bonus I thought I was getting for the delay in me receiving my product and is a cost that has to come from somewhere... just turning out to be a very expensive 2 1ox bars of silver... now paid over 9btc for them...

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:57:32 PM

Wow this thread is not a good advert.
Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 03:28:52 PM

-Jon

Since there is this risk and you are well aware of it you need to tell customers before they buy that they might not get what they buy.

If someone pays for insured shipment and they do not get it, you clearly did not insure it correctly. The buyer is not at fault for trusting you.

The gold industry is filled with fraud.

Not everyone who has health insurance has their claims filled. It's the same in this situation.

deadweasel

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 03:34:18 PM

-Jon

Since there is this risk and you are well aware of it you need to tell customers before they buy that they might not get what they buy.

If someone pays for insured shipment and they do not get it, you clearly did not insure it correctly. The buyer is not at fault for trusting you.

Not everyone who has health insurance has their claims filled. It's the same in this situation.

He pays me with the order I paid BTC for.  When it arrives, I will update.  If it does not, I will join your witch hunt with great zeal.

He also communicated with me on #bitcoin-assets.   I have rec'd a shipping confirmation email yesterday.  As it ships from within the states (I Believe) I should have it shortly.   

Feel free to PM me if you want any details.  I plan to review Coinabul once the purchase is complete.

Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 09:30:31 AM

-Jon

Are you saying your customer committed fraud or you did? If there is more to this story please fill us in cuz this looks pretty bad.

I'm saying the industry is filled with it. Mostly on the consumer side. I didn't say anything about this specific case.

Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 10:04:34 AM

-Jon

Are you saying your customer committed fraud or you did? If there is more to this story please fill us in cuz this looks pretty bad.

I'm saying the industry is filled with it. Mostly on the consumer side. I didn't say anything about this specific case.

I guess this has me worried as it seems a customer did nothing wrong. However you are passing along the insurance fail to this guy who as far as I can see is not at fault. This honestly seems like scammer tag territory (unless I am missing a detail??)

I at this time can no longer use your service and will no longer recommend it.

I do hope this gets resolved.

Scam means we mislead. Scam means a trick. We did neither of those things. There also must be a gain. We gain nothing from this scenario. It sucks, we've apologized for it, but there isn't much we can do.

purplesquid

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 12:22:36 PM

I cannot believe the logic Coinabul is using here.

The point of insurance is to ensure that Coinabul does not have any losses in the case where they need to re-send or refund an order. This has nothing to do with your customer except that he specifically asked for and payed extra for insurance. If my insurance company denied my claim for car repair after I already got it fixed, it isn't like I can tell the repair shop, "sorry, claim denied, I refuse to pay".

Coinabul is absolutely responsible, their insurance was inadequate or, at best, misrepresented for their packages and asking the customer to accept full responsibility for this is shocking.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: