Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:31:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Risk Management Offer by Kazu: Benefit from Uptrends, hedge out of Down  (Read 1955 times)
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:07:10 AM

I'm officially being screwed over right now. The goddamn interest rates on Bitfinex for borrowing BTC are practically 0 while you have to pay some monstrous rate to borrow USD, the price is going up, and I cant do shit. WTF do I do now. I have already lost like 2 BTC if I buy right now.

I'm good at advertising! Am I not?  Cry

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kazu (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:30:15 AM

I'm officially being screwed over right now. The goddamn interest rates on Bitfinex for borrowing BTC are practically 0 while you have to pay some monstrous rate to borrow USD, the price is going up, and I cant do shit. WTF do I do now. I have already lost like 2 BTC if I buy right now.

I'm good at advertising! Am I not?  Cry

The issue is not with this strategy, but with me selling on gox too soon. I either should have sold on another exchange, or not sold at all (the latter is obviously better). If I buy BTC now at gox and attempt to begin this strategy, I'll be 2 BTC in the hole from where I did sell, and if I dont, then I have USD sitting on Gox and doing nothing.

Assuming I followed this strategy, even if I took a lower-swing version, I'd need it to move like 15% or more in one direction or the other before even being able to break even with the loss I took, not counting fees. And assuming I waited, my USD is dead in the water in GOX, I can't even lend it out. Ironically, Bitfinex has higher USD loan rates, and I have USD, but I can't even do anything with it.

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: