Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:53:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea for new dice game ?  (Read 1839 times)
zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 02:17:51 PM

can they make enough dummy account to win the odds? The solution to solve the problem is quite easy I have to say: captcha(quite ineffective), prohibit VPN, proxy, or you can combine with mail verification to make sure there wont be any dummy accounts.

Mail verification might work but I think phone verification is much better because apparently, one person can hold tons of gmail accounts.

But if the giveaway is considerably low to the point that making dummy accounts wouldn't be worth the effort, that shouldn't be a problem for the owners. However given that if the giveaway is considerably low, that wouldn't attract many gamblers at all.

If it's considerably low then there's no point in hiring a programmer for an automated giveaway because it wouldn't lighten the gamblers' mood at all. Like, if a gambler just lost all his money. And then he got chosen as a 'lucky' winner of the giveaway that has a prize that is considerably low, that might just piss the gambler. Thus, making him leave the site completely. Just an IMO though. Giveaways should be helpful in getting back what a gambler has lost.
I cant agree more with you my friend Grin anti proxy and VPN might be a cheaper solution to this as phone verification requires you to send a lot of international message which can cost you a fortune.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 02:33:29 PM

can they make enough dummy account to win the odds? The solution to solve the problem is quite easy I have to say: captcha(quite ineffective), prohibit VPN, proxy, or you can combine with mail verification to make sure there wont be any dummy accounts.

Mail verification might work but I think phone verification is much better because apparently, one person can hold tons of gmail accounts.

But if the giveaway is considerably low to the point that making dummy accounts wouldn't be worth the effort, that shouldn't be a problem for the owners. However given that if the giveaway is considerably low, that wouldn't attract many gamblers at all.

If it's considerably low then there's no point in hiring a programmer for an automated giveaway because it wouldn't lighten the gamblers' mood at all. Like, if a gambler just lost all his money. And then he got chosen as a 'lucky' winner of the giveaway that has a prize that is considerably low, that might just piss the gambler. Thus, making him leave the site completely. Just an IMO though. Giveaways should be helpful in getting back what a gambler has lost.
I cant agree more with you my friend Grin anti proxy and VPN might be a cheaper solution to this as phone verification requires you to send a lot of international message which can cost you a fortune.

If you make a site that's Bticoin related and it's anti privacy (and by anti privacy I mean anti proxies, anti vpn, anti tor... you name it) it's always going to get bad rep amongst its users because Bitcoin is about privacy, so it's always recommended that when you are making the design of a site, it will be compatible with proxies.
zodiac3011

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 02:54:09 PM

If you make a site that's Bticoin related and it's anti privacy (and by anti privacy I mean anti proxies, anti vpn, anti tor... you name it) it's always going to get bad rep amongst its users because Bitcoin is about privacy, so it's always recommended that when you are making the design of a site, it will be compatible with proxies.
As I know that Yobit is using those to stop users from spamming it and many are still using. In my opinion, people will have no problem with it at all. Proxies and VPN mostly is for spamming and cloning. I know Yobit is just one example but it's still need considering here
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:01:23 PM

I'm afraid at this point to beat PD or be more popular dice site on the market the only option is to have bigger bankroll, don't think originality would help if you can't attract big bettors or so called whales
Yeah, you must have a bigger capital to promote your dice site to the market first
Than thinking your design in my own opinion Smiley

Yup, a gambling site does not depend on the latest innovations/the latest games, but it depends on the manejemen Site and they do have a large bankroll. If that's all you can do is sure you'll have a popular site. But if you want to beat the popularity of PD then you must have a unique thing that is not owned by the PD.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:08:34 PM

well you can try accepting many cryptocurrencies instead of only bitcoin, implementing faucets for people to try Cheesy lowering the house edge can make a difference too Grin maybe you can create a random giveaway like after 5-10 minutes a player from a game ID will receive a amount of bitcoin despite small but it should at least want them to earn more Cheesy

Throwing a giveaway that frequent can only be done if your gambling site has tons of players and a bunch of big players AKA whales. Otherwise, you're gambling site is destined to go bankrupt.
the intervals between each giveaway should be random and it must suitable with the fund he has to have for the giveaway. For example, $4 worth bitcoin ever 1-3 hours

You just said 5-10 minutes and now you're saying 1-3 hours? I understand your point that giveaways may have a chance to make the gamblers bet more frequent. But given that 5-10 minutes of giveaway, people will make tons of dummy accounts and stay online in that gambling site and wait for one of their dummy accounts to get a giveaway. This will be a passive income for them.
I think it's most common to put captcha in claiming free bits or satoshi. Email verification that only accepts the legit email providers would be nice as sometimes, email verification can be bypassed by using trash mail providers.
zodiac3011

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:10:58 PM

I think it's most common to put captcha in claiming free bits or satoshi. Email verification that only accepts the legit email providers would be nice as sometimes, email verification can be bypassed by using trash mail providers.
we are talking about giving away to a random member every few hours so captcha here is to preventing abusers from cloning account to increase the odd to win. yes legit email providers only can someone limit the ability that they will create tons of account Grin
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:15:01 PM

we are talking about giving away to a random member every few hours so captcha here is to preventing abusers from cloning account to increase the odd to win. yes legit email providers only can someone limit the ability that they will create tons of account Grin

I think this is not an innovation and was more to provide security in a bitcoin free so there isn't a lot of fake accounts with it anyway. An innovation is indeed necessary but an innovation requires a needs someone around the us as well as gambling, we should be looking for an excuse to do innovation and we must ask what case gamblers that haven't they get and after that we are just looking for a way out to find a new innovation
zodiac3011

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:31:06 PM

I think this is not an innovation and was more to provide security in a bitcoin free so there isn't a lot of fake accounts with it anyway. An innovation is indeed necessary but an innovation requires a needs someone around the us as well as gambling, we should be looking for an excuse to do innovation and we must ask what case gamblers that haven't they get and after that we are just looking for a way out to find a new innovation
maybe this may be not an innovation. But this can be an idea that can help create a new dice game. This is just still an idea so there, of course, will have many problems needed to be solved. An idea that can both attract gamblers and save owner's money is quite hard so yep I am still suggesting here Cheesy
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:31:17 PM

if you are looking for ideas about a new game then you are better looking for a new game and not dice, there is just a lot of different dice sites that are actually good too.

but if you design a good game other than dice and be the first person to do it then you will have an edge because you will be unique.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:43:32 PM

We see Primedice and we see rollin model which in my opinon the most creative by now ,
Give more ideas to completely new game ..

Using multiple altcoins in your site might be the excelent choice, you must have unique features that really different than pd or rollin, like instant deposite or withdrawal, giveaway and unique promotion, eye catching site, responsive either on pc or mobile and so on , good luck
zodiac3011

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 04:01:00 PM

How about zero house edge or negative house edge (0% to -1%), many people want it but we don't see any dice do it.
Also, advance auto bet such as multiply when lose X times or pattern such as fibbonaci would attract some people.

I would love to learn more about zero house edge or negative house edge. If the house edge is stated like below doesn't that mean the owner will lose the money or lose a lot of money
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 04:33:29 AM

Try making a dice game where the user can see a 3D dice rolling. Just an idea though, instead of just seeing pure numbers in dice game, try making it 3D as if the user is really rolling a physical dice. Cheesy
While this concept of fully 3D animated Dice is alluring. I feel like majority of gamblers don't care about flashy graphics, they want solid, secure and fast experience.
This concept will be probably only good to entice newer players and only for a while, until they will bored with repeating animations. In the end I don't think that cost of developing 3D game will be returned in profits.

Just an idea though to attract new and/or more gamblers. I bet a little touch of 3D is better than having those dice sites that only have letters and numbers.
Seeing how Dice players are mostly about speed betting and and have zero lag policy during bets. I think 3D Dice would be a waste of effort.
Thrill of hit or miss your bet is enough for most of us. I don't want to wait until animation is done just to see how my rolls are.
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 06:50:01 AM

We see Primedice and we see rollin model which in my opinon the most creative by now ,
Give more ideas to completely new game ..

It is really hard to make a new game because of dice. There are quite a few sites that have tried and created games that are different and have many unique features but people still prefer to play dice, if that attitude changes at some point then maybe we will get some new and innovative games.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 07:10:45 AM

How about zero house edge or negative house edge (0% to -1%), many people want it but we don't see any dice do it.
Also, advance auto bet such as multiply when lose X times or pattern such as fibbonaci would attract some people.

I would love to learn more about zero house edge or negative house edge. If the house edge is stated like below doesn't that mean the owner will lose the money or lose a lot of money

i don't think it is going to lead the house to lose. house edge just gives the house slight edge to win more. with 0 house edge if i am not mistaken the win chance of 2x multiplier will be 50% instead of 49.9%-49.5% so the only difference is the 0.1-0.5% change but there is still 50% chance you lose and house takes your money.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 07:20:44 AM

i don't think it is going to lead the house to lose. house edge just gives the house slight edge to win more. with 0 house edge if i am not mistaken the win chance of 2x multiplier will be 50% instead of 49.9%-49.5% so the only difference is the 0.1-0.5% change but there is still 50% chance you lose and house takes your money.

The thing is that the house edge is taken every time you bet.
Without a house edge, the house will still stagnate in the long run or will end up with an overall loss with a negative house edge.

The only reason gambling sites can make profits despite having such small house edges of 1% is the law of large numbers, wherein eventually, profit is expected. 0 to negative house edge may be possible as a short term idea but will always fail in the long run.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 07:43:09 AM

Without a house edge, the house will still stagnate in the long run or will end up with an overall loss with a negative house edge.

The only reason gambling sites can make profits despite having such small house edges of 1% is the law of large numbers, wherein eventually, profit is expected. 0 to negative house edge may be possible as a short term idea but will always fail in the long run.

Yes that's true however I am pretty sure gambling sites can still make a good living with 0% house edge. They would still make money because of people's emotions, HOWEVER people would cheat and use bots instead which would benefit the 0% house edge.

bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2016, 08:18:50 AM

Negative houseedge still would be a good promo .

stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 08:24:18 AM

I will love to see multiplayer games.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2016, 11:20:44 AM

I will love to see multiplayer games.

this is a very good suggestion.
but it only benefits the players not the owner of the dice site.
if i am not mistaken primedice use to have a p2p game where you could invite another person to bet against you but they stopped it and removed the option from the site. i think it was because of no house edge there and no profit for the site.

--looking for signature--
Capitascism

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 11:42:29 AM

Why we don't have opportunity for speeding time of dice play, for example if you want to play 100 small bets why do i need whole minute for this job? Also we would be very happy if have chance to more influence on flow of automatic bets..For example if you losing, to automatic stop after default number is reached..Not when you lost everything..

There's this feature 'Stop betting when max bet reached' in BustaBit and in Primedice, that helps stop the bot from betting tons of money especially if you're doing martingale.

But anyway, if you can do some basic programming, you can easily do that 'after losing certain amount of money' in BustaBit. Not to advertise or smth, just my experience. I don't play on other betting sites that much. But I think there are dice sites that enables users to write their own script as well. Some dice sites might already have that in their auto-bet options. Cheesy
With this i have mentioned, you have much more chances, and losses are smaller.
I have found few bots for Primedice bat i had some problems with configuring it properly. But i doubt anyone will integrate this into their platform.

*************************Too many scams beware******************************************
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: