Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:33:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Made a bitcoin purchase from Dell, but no order confirm after payment  (Read 423 times)
jeffersonairplane (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:08:11 AM

I made a purchase from Dell using bitcoin as I saw they accepted BTC.

Upon checking out my browser crashed right when the coinbase page loaded up. When I went back to restore the tab, I believe that the coinbase page generated a new address for me as I saw the timer was reset back to 15 minutes.

I paid accordingly to that address but then after I received no order confirmation from Dell. In my Dell account there is no order.

In this case should I contacting CoinBase or Dell to get it resolved? Will my bitcoins be lost?

So far I chatted with customer service rep on Dell and they said they escalated to upper management to help, or to contact Coinbase.

Is there any chance my bitcoins can be lost because Dell does not find any order relating to my bitcoin payment?

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:12:16 AM

I would think that coinbase should probably be the first entity that you contact as they are the ones responsible for forwarding payment to Dell after they received the bitcoin. If you can prove that you sent them a payment and due to some glitch Dell did not receive payment then Coinbase should be able to refund the bitcoin. If Dell did receive payment then Coinbase should be able to provide some kind of transaction/confirmation/tracking number to provide Dell to use to track down your payment and either refund you or ship your computer.
jeffersonairplane (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1522

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:31:03 AM

I would think that coinbase should probably be the first entity that you contact as they are the ones responsible for forwarding payment to Dell after they received the bitcoin. If you can prove that you sent them a payment and due to some glitch Dell did not receive payment then Coinbase should be able to refund the bitcoin. If Dell did receive payment then Coinbase should be able to provide some kind of transaction/confirmation/tracking number to provide Dell to use to track down your payment and either refund you or ship your computer.

ok Thx ill check with coinbase first

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
btctube

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:38:07 AM

never knew they accept btc. incase like this, do you think they will also ask for sign message?  Grin
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 06:18:46 AM

I guess they are only accepting Bitcoin payments in the USA, or are they accepting international orders too, cause in that case I would be very much interested to buy a Dell Laptop via my bitcoins Smiley . I have some spare ones. I am going to check it out right now.

Edit: Unfortunately they link their bitcoin payment system with Coinbase only which should be US only, damn, still a very good step forward from Dell and I hope they made individual orders via any other bitcoin wallet payment and ship anywhere in the world.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 06:24:56 AM

Coinbase also operate outside of the US as a payment processor, I have seen them on a UK site and made payment.  I think it is down to Dell and not a restriction by the payment processor.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 06:28:13 AM

Coinbase also operate outside of the US as a payment processor, I have seen them on a UK site and made payment.  I think it is down to Dell and not a restriction by the payment processor.

Thats what I am trying to say in my above post. Since Dell has a made a first major step to accept bitcoin, why not making another major step, the biggest one to me, to add a few persons as their staff to keep dealing with international orders via Bitcoin. No question asked, bitcoin sent, and the datas where to ship the item and they to ship to there. I wonder which will be the first major company to do this, am hoping to see this happening soon.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 04:23:02 PM

IF so i think OP should contact coinbase because if dell has some problem in monitoring bitcoin payment coinbase should also state that or shouldn't give address to send bitcoin to users. Haven't used bitcoin to buy from DELL, but i think OP have done some higher purchase with dell and it get stucked. I have been in similar situation with different merchant and bitpay as processor but bitpay replied me within few hour and i get refund within 12 hour. Bitpay seems to be king in processing bitcoin payments. I am not fan of USA regulated coinbase gateway. Hope OP will and should get refund.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: