Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:57:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Having Troubles with GUIminer...  (Read 804 times)
mybadomen (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 12:26:09 AM

Hiya Guys ,

I was i am just starting out mining with 4 GPU on 2 Rigs  2 6970's and 2 7970's well i started out on Bitminer using there Client. I was getting a very good khash/s now i switched 1 machine to try out other Pools and GUIminer is what i tried. I cant get it to do hardly anything for speed and i can tell because my cards are running 20C colder and are overlclocked and overvolted.

Anyone have any idea what i am doing wrong? I figured out i needed 2 windows 1 for default for 1 card and another made for the second card so now i have both at least working. But not even close to what 2 7970's are capable of.

I also read somewhere to try -w 256 -f1 as extra flags it improved it but not much. It goes from 500 khash/s which is very slow for 1 card overclocked but it drops for some reason all the way to 250Khash.
I wasted a full days mining trying to try out other pools but it looks like Bitminter is my home for life which i dont mind  but i would really like to try other things since i have 2 machines.

Any help is highly appreciated.
Left

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 12:41:52 AM

I made quite possibly the dumbest mistake anyone can make, so I doubt this is your problem, but I'll mention it anyway - the AMD Engine Control Center software has a Performance section where it's possible to set the speed that the card will run at. Regardless of what the bios is set to, it will always go by what the software is telling it to do, so if you have the "OverDrive" setting enabled and set to a low speed, the card will only operate at that speed. If that is enabled, disable it.
mybadomen (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:01:57 PM

Thank so much for the reply Mate but its not that . I been overclocking for years and i am using afterburner on both machines at the moment. The thing is with Bitminter Clientv1.3.1 i get roughly 1300mhps for the 1 machine. after i wrote this post GUIMiner actually dropped to 124mhps per card so something strange going on there. I am sure it was some setting or possibly GUIMiner just don't work on windows 8.

Problem is Using the Bitminter Client gives me no freedom at all . I feel almost forced to stay only on bitminter and not try anything else.

Like i said though i like Bitminter but would like to try other pools also with the other machine.I am also going to be mining to GTX680 cards in another rig. I know nvidia doesnt do as well but there top card with a high overclock should do something i imagine.Plus they are sitting doing nothing anyway.

Any help with a newbie friendly GUI client that i can use? One similar to the bitminter interface would be cool but anything that will work would be nice also.

so basically i still need a GUI Client please.

Also is there a Facebook for Bitcoin Miners because communicating and getting help on forums takes a very long time and every day that goes by is just bigger losses.

Thanks Mybadomen

Also seems strange 2 overclocked 7970's and 2 overclocked 6970's together cant pull 1 BTC in 5 days in a Pool.
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:16:32 PM

Thank so much for the reply Mate but its not that . I been overclocking for years and i am using afterburner on both machines at the moment. The thing is with Bitminter Clientv1.3.1 i get roughly 1300mhps for the 1 machine. after i wrote this post GUIMiner actually dropped to 124mhps per card so something strange going on there. I am sure it was some setting or possibly GUIMiner just don't work on windows 8.

Problem is Using the Bitminter Client gives me no freedom at all . I feel almost forced to stay only on bitminter and not try anything else.

Like i said though i like Bitminter but would like to try other pools also with the other machine.I am also going to be mining to GTX680 cards in another rig. I know nvidia doesnt do as well but there top card with a high overclock should do something i imagine.Plus they are sitting doing nothing anyway.

Any help with a newbie friendly GUI client that i can use? One similar to the bitminter interface would be cool but anything that will work would be nice also.

so basically i still need a GUI Client please.

Also is there a Facebook for Bitcoin Miners because communicating and getting help on forums takes a very long time and every day that goes by is just bigger losses.

Thanks Mybadomen

Also seems strange 2 overclocked 7970's and 2 overclocked 6970's together cant pull 1 BTC in 5 days in a Pool.

Use cgminer. it's command line but extremely easy to setup and efficient. i'd be glad to help you out. Most of us hang out over at #bitcoin-otc on freenode.
bwstacker

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:18:40 PM

Try CGMINer it is a scriptminer. All you need is the mining address and port # your username and password. It is easy to use. But have you tried the -f flag in gui interface. Set flags _v W128 -F0. I got one machine just running a 5870 and it hashs at 455 MH's with these settings. Put  spaces in between the flags. Try this. It helped me by 100 MH's.
bwstacker

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 04:42:52 PM

I myself have to down clock my cards when using cgminer. Gui seems to not give as many shares. Speed is 30 to 40 hashes more with  gui than cg. I don't know why. I am still toying with it. I will update thead if I discover anything that would be of use.
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 02:50:15 PM

I myself have to down clock my cards when using cgminer. Gui seems to not give as many shares. Speed is 30 to 40 hashes more with  gui than cg. I don't know why. I am still toying with it. I will update thead if I discover anything that would be of use.
adjust the intensity in cgminer. by default it runs as dynamic. pump it up to 10 and then check it out.
bwstacker

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 03:08:23 PM

You was a great help to me. It gave me 30 more hashes. This is good to know. Just don't understand why all of the script miners do better than the gui.  Phoenix miner is fast but is not really going to be supported nymore because of the getwork change. Stratum is changing everything. I guess if it is cheaper on pool operator. I have to deal with it. If it wasn't for pools right now. Small guys would not make any coins at all. Thanks for you post though. The heat is more than dynamic I have noticed. I will have to down clock cards. But that is cool. It will just make cards live longer.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: