[ANN] [PPC] PPCoin 0.3.0 Release - Upgrade Required

<< < (4/13) > >>

EskimoBob:
upgraded from source. Did not encounter any problems. Good job.
I'll compile ppcoin-qt later.

dreamwatcher:
I upgraded cryptocoin explorer last night.

Install went smooth, and no issues so far.  :)

Sunny King:
Note: if your wallet contains more than a couple thousand transactions, when you are redownloading block chain the Qt UI might appear locked up. This is a known issue due to the heavy-lifting of wallet scanning I believe but it's not really locked up and still doing the work. Just leave it to finish the redownload of block chain, or you can use command line getinfo to check its progress (getinfo response will be slower also in this situation).

If you have really huge/fragmented wallet causing redownload to be really slow, another option might be to redownload block chain with an empty wallet, then stop ppcoin and replace the empty wallet with real wallet backup.

Gavin Andresen:
Quote from: Sunny King on February 19, 2013, 03:52:16 AM

If you ask Gavin about his position on this matter he likely would have to tell you the same thing.

... or not.  There's a difference between "unfixed vulnerabilities" and "half-baked design."

I think big decisions that affect the fundamentals of the design should be discussed in the open (see the current Bitcoin debate over raising the block size limit).

Sunny King:
Quote from: Gavin Andresen on February 20, 2013, 12:24:33 AM

... or not.  There's a difference between "unfixed vulnerabilities" and "half-baked design."

I think big decisions that affect the fundamentals of the design should be discussed in the open (see the current Bitcoin debate over raising the block size limit).

It's a whole gray area I am not really interested debating about this. You make judgement on bitcoin what should be discussed in the open what needs to be kept under wrap until it's patched, I make my judgement on ppcoin. Meanwhile, let's focus on getting the real work done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page