Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:34:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we Manipulate Bitcoin price?  (Read 73435 times)
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1290

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 04:21:25 PM

You need big parties to really influence the bitcoin but yes it is possible without any doubts, I do not think that we can do it only with small amounts and some speculations.

Yes, I agree with this, all can be done so long as they can work together and do together, but provided with a number of very, very large, the size of the nominal I think it is very influential and seemed in exchange to do that.

price of anything can be manipulated and the only difference is in the size of the manipulation. and "they" don't have to work together! traders are wise enough to detect these things and also these changes happen on top of the natural changes of price. for example when price is going down they manipulate it by dumping more to push it more down. and same thing when price is going up.

There is a FOMO brewing...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2016, 04:24:13 PM

Like any other trading market, bitcoin price is also measured by the demand and supply. if the supply is more than the demand, the price will come down and vice versa. SO surely you can manipulate the bitcoin price but only if you have around a million dollar to play in the stock market.

If you start with few thousand dollar, they there will be no impact of its price. So if you have a deep pocket and you are willing to play with that in bitcoin market, then probably you will be able to manipulate otherwise not.
I think it is still impossible to manipulate the price because if they pump the price buy investing a large amount of money the price can be increase more and that can be attract more people to invest but if they gradually sell it the price will reduce but i think many people will still support if there is the price decrease and i think if they seen the price is decrease they will fill it again in order to stay the price long in the market or they can push more the price.. not one people can be manipulate the price..
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 07:09:53 PM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum

I think we have big chance to make it happens as bitcoin users must know or will find out this forum.
If everyone agreed to be patient, not intended just for buy and sell, influence more people and market to adopt bitcoin, we may manipulate bitcoin price to be more stable and constantly increasing.
Batelk

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 09:08:44 AM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum

I think we have big chance to make it happens as bitcoin users must know or will find out this forum.
If everyone agreed to be patient, not intended just for buy and sell, influence more people and market to adopt bitcoin, we may manipulate bitcoin price to be more stable and constantly increasing.

This forum is a good source for promoting the bitcoin.

ZenCash Conducting Private Transactions Worldwide Completely
Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  Forum -------- Twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lOvE mE forEvEr

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 09:53:08 AM

Yes but it's only limited to only this member forum, we all know this forum member about 1 million, and I believe only a few are active. We recommend the best way is through online media, social media, write a blog, other forum or businesses forum.
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 10:06:41 AM

You need big parties to really influence the bitcoin but yes it is possible without any doubts, I do not think that we can do it only with small amounts and some speculations.

Yes, I agree with this, all can be done so long as they can work together and do together, but provided with a number of very, very large, the size of the nominal I think it is very influential and seemed in exchange to do that.

price of anything can be manipulated and the only difference is in the size of the manipulation. and "they" don't have to work together! traders are wise enough to detect these things and also these changes happen on top of the natural changes of price. for example when price is going down they manipulate it by dumping more to push it more down. and same thing when price is going up.
Trading itself actually it is all about manipulating the price,
A game of changing trends by several people who have taken big part,
So yepp bitcoin price can really be manipulated especially if you are on small place or small exchange.
Finestream

Activity: 2968
Merit: 603

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 11:10:35 AM

Yes but it's only limited to only this member forum, we all know this forum member about 1 million, and I believe only a few are active. We recommend the best way is through online media, social media, write a blog, other forum or businesses forum.
Honestly, this is the only forum where I am a member to know about bitcoin related news, I love it here because it's a big community and people are sharing bright ideas about bitcoin, most of us are here to get good news that would help us to be profitable with our investment and my stay here were very fruitful so I am going to be loyal in this forum. In connection to the topic, yes there are people who can manipulate and all we can do is just to observe and possibly ride.

zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 11:13:10 AM

A one-time sale of, say, 1,000 to 1,500 bitcoins can definitely move the price. I'm afraid you are overly optimistic about the liquidity.

Even at the low end, you are still talking close to a million dollars in one trade,
and that would probably only move the price a few dollars.
It would take multiple million-dollar transactions to move the price in any one direction for more than a few minutes at this point.
Sometimes we can also manipulate price by creating panic in market or by false good news.Like if some sources spread rumours that bitcoin network is hacked or UN has banned bitcoin etc,such false news can also fall down price similarly good news also make price hike.
In such situations, we do not need to possess huge number of coins or buy or sell them to influence the market

coinfast

Activity: 508
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 12:22:00 PM

I think  yes, we can. as there are a lot of people here who have a large amount of coins,  But as said, better let the market be as it is and take whatever route it wants to.
sadasa

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 12:30:49 PM

I think  yes, we can. as there are a lot of people here who have a large amount of coins,  But as said, better let the market be as it is and take whatever route it wants to.

No we can't the majority of this forum have crumbs of Bitcoins. The big holders are long gone from here mate

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
sportis

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 03:14:40 PM

A one-time sale of, say, 1,000 to 1,500 bitcoins can definitely move the price. I'm afraid you are overly optimistic about the liquidity.

Even at the low end, you are still talking close to a million dollars in one trade,
It would take multiple million-dollar transactions to move the price in any one direction for more than a few minutes at this point.

Bitcoin is used from most of us as an asset and not as a payment system. So I agree that some thousand of coins could change the direction of the price. Maybe could lead many users to sell their coins in panic. And yes million of dollars of transactions is easy with btc. We must feel that 1 million USD = 1000 btc now.
Babayega31

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 03:40:32 PM

Bitcoin is used from most of us as an asset and not as a payment system. So I agree that some thousand of coins could change the direction of the price. Maybe could lead many users to sell their coins in panic. And yes million of dollars of transactions is easy with btc. We must feel that 1 million USD = 1000 btc now.

I would say that we can't manipulate bitcoin price because it depends on the demand of buyers the price will goes up and sometimes go down and if the demand decreases its price will be cheaper compared from previous which demand is higher. There were some speculations from those buyers who like bitcoin price to be cheaper and when it happens they buy bitcoins and sell again for they got big profit from it when btc price strikes again its peak price.

Zisove28

Activity: 181

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:24:35 PM

Someone has influenced the price of Bitcoin, in connection with which it grows throughout most of the month. So there are people who manage price
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 11:52:47 PM

I think  yes, we can. as there are a lot of people here who have a large amount of coins,  But as said, better let the market be as it is and take whatever route it wants to.

No we can't the majority of this forum have crumbs of Bitcoins. The big holders are long gone from here mate

You are largely right, but it occurs to me to suppose that the big holders they are well-informed people of what happens around them, as they must stay well aware of what happens when there are  changes  in terms of price for example or changes such as updates or improvements on the code, so well, they surely will not spend all the time in this forum, but they will surely be aware of what is happening in some way or another, and with respect to their influence on prices, yes, they undoubtedly have a great influence on it.
erik m.

Activity: 48
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 12:02:25 AM

I think at the beginning it was easier, but as time went by this must have become more difficult, because the BTC distribution became better, and many whales probably started cashing out.

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
Pujangga

Activity: 1078
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 12:56:07 AM

I think you must to have a capital of 10 billion USD to purchase the stock of the bitcoin to be able manipulate the bitcoin, if you just ask, of course that's not possible.
agamasrori

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:04:34 AM

I think you must to have a capital of 10 billion USD to purchase the stock of the bitcoin to be able manipulate the bitcoin, if you just ask, of course that's not possible.

I guess so but I think if there is/are people who will do that they are not going to stop unless they make their investment back as even double or triple. And those people who are manipulating bitcoin's price surely they got a big investment and holds a lot of bitcoins in the market. I just don't know if they are that many or few who are doing it.
Yes, its really need big of financial capital to be able manipulate the bitcoin price, or if there are some community that buy or sell bitcoin in the same time. China people has the biggest chance to influence bitcoin price.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:22:15 AM

I guess so but I think if there is/are people who will do that they are not going to stop unless they make their investment back as even double or triple. And those people who are manipulating bitcoin's price surely they got a big investment and holds a lot of bitcoins in the market. I just don't know if they are that many or few who are doing it.
Yes, its really need big of financial capital to be able manipulate the bitcoin price, or if there are some community that buy or sell bitcoin in the same time. China people has the biggest chance to influence bitcoin price.

It seems that many are believing that China has the majority stocks or holdings of bitcoin. I don't know but I think they really have that amount in bitcoin and they are the ones who are also responsible why the price of bitcoin is moving from decrease to increase. And of course when the price increased a lot, many of us are selling and that's how we are also manipulating the price by selling altogether.

Yeah, I don't think China is the leading powerhouse in the bitcoin world. They may have a substantial amount of bitcoins, but they are all scattered, and they have not formed an alliance with one another yet to be able to control the price of bitcoin. If they do act as one, probably they would create a significant impact. But if they are not, then we can consider them as just part of the system like everyone else using bitcoins.
Botnake

Activity: 2828
Merit: 666

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 06:45:36 AM

It seems that many are believing that China has the majority stocks or holdings of bitcoin. I don't know but I think they really have that amount in bitcoin and they are the ones who are also responsible why the price of bitcoin is moving from decrease to increase. And of course when the price increased a lot, many of us are selling and that's how we are also manipulating the price by selling altogether.

Yeah, I don't think China is the leading powerhouse in the bitcoin world. They may have a substantial amount of bitcoins, but they are all scattered, and they have not formed an alliance with one another yet to be able to control the price of bitcoin. If they do act as one, probably they would create a significant impact. But if they are not, then we can consider them as just part of the system like everyone else using bitcoins.
I agree with that, because they have big mining business in bitcoin, we automatically assume they are the bigger holder of bitcoin. I believe some people are holding big supplies especially the early investor, and I think also that it is just fair, they have trusted bitcoin and now that bitcoin has been successful they get the success as well.
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 09:41:30 AM

I agree with that, because they have big mining business in bitcoin, we automatically assume they are the bigger holder of bitcoin. I believe some people are holding big supplies especially the early investor, and I think also that it is just fair, they have trusted bitcoin and now that bitcoin has been successful they get the success as well.
A good opinion, even though they have a huge amount, but the problem is what percentage they have if they want to manipulate the bitcoin. If we look, the price of bitcoin looks very natural so if anyone can manipulation, I thought was impossible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: