Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:03:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we Manipulate Bitcoin price?  (Read 73440 times)
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 02:31:34 PM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let oo impossible bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum
it's too impossible for the individuals users of bitcoin to manipulate the value price of BTC. Only the big whale investors or big companies had a capacity to manipulate the price of bitcoin.
Not only individuals but it is now even hard for big whales and companies in alone to manipulate the price. The market cap is in billion dollars so all the big whale have to come together in order to manipulate the price.
I think so, but it's possible for the chinese exchange site to manipulate the price of bitcoin. In this time it gets prohibited by PBOC. there will be more manipulation on bitcoin price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 03:29:04 PM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum

i have my friends doing in altcoin if the Bid orders at low they will sell some altcoin so that many newbies will.panic. and sell their altcoin at low price. And thats the best time to buy. But it is risky because there is a time that if he sell some altcoin suddenly dum withput notice.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
whizter

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 03:56:04 PM

I think depending on the strength of our money, if we have stock of the bitcoin dominant than circulating in the market then we easily manipulate the price of the bitcoin.

The people that holds a lot of bitcoin can have the power to manipulate the price of it. And we know on how the whales are manipulating the market and there are pump and dump groups that are helping each other to get some decent profit. There is a way to manipulate bitcoins price but it is not that an easy thing if you only have very few.
I think big capital will still be difficult to use to manipulate bitcoin prices. If they do not have a good plan. One person is not enough to manipulate bitcoin prices

to me i think it has now become difficult to manipulate the pricoe of bitcoin, lbecause we can see that the users of bitcoin are now increasing from time to time. so it is now becoming difficult for those people who are were manipulating the price of bitcoin in past, but now i think it is becoming difficult to manipulate the price of bitcoin so easily.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
panganib999

Activity: 1722
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2017, 04:01:45 PM

It's possible if we as community team up and form a massive amount of buy support, but the fact is that the majority of the people here are small holders and have barely a reasonable amount of money to have an impact on the price, even not with plenty of these people.

I can remember that it happened with certain altcoins back in 2014 where the whole community of that altcoin used to give a certain coin a massive pump. I think a good example of that is BlackCoin. It got pumped like there is no tomorrow, and it fell down again like there is no tomorrow at some point.
As we uses bitcoin for our daily basis needs. We can help the developers of bitcoin to strengthen and to develops it transaction and security. If this will happened more businesses are going to be open on accepting bitcoin for their transaction instead of the usual papermoney or fiat. Because we all know that there is more investment on bitcoin compare to money because its price is always dependent on the law of stock and demand where if more people uses bitcoin that is the time bitcoin price changes or pump. And for me it is very attractive to people nowadays  because we are using technology always on our life so it will not be so hard for us to accept and change our way on transaction.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 11:47:43 AM

It's possible if we as community team up and form a massive amount of buy support, but the fact is that the majority of the people here are small holders and have barely a reasonable amount of money to have an impact on the price, even not with plenty of these people.

I can remember that it happened with certain altcoins back in 2014 where the whole community of that altcoin used to give a certain coin a massive pump. I think a good example of that is BlackCoin. It got pumped like there is no tomorrow, and it fell down again like there is no tomorrow at some point.
As we uses bitcoin for our daily basis needs. We can help the developers of bitcoin to strengthen and to develops it transaction and security. If this will happened more businesses are going to be open on accepting bitcoin for their transaction instead of the usual papermoney or fiat. Because we all know that there is more investment on bitcoin compare to money because its price is always dependent on the law of stock and demand where if more people uses bitcoin that is the time bitcoin price changes or pump. And for me it is very attractive to people nowadays  because we are using technology always on our life so it will not be so hard for us to accept and change our way on transaction.

Actually, literally all fiat money is invested on fiat money. And, what is that reasoning? Tons of things are depending on the law of supply and demand but it's obvious that all of them have less investors than the fiat currency. It's totally possible that we will come to the point where the majority of fiat money is invested in bitcoin but it is not the case today and even in the foreseeable future. Bitcoin has about 21 billion dollar market cap, and that's like nothing in a global scale.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1358

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 11:56:55 AM

Yes bitcoin price is still manipulative, prolly there isnt single market which isnt manipulative anyways.
Cause humans are not very rational.
Nevis

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 11:57:56 AM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum
Yeah ofcourse,if we will get all funds and all members participate into it we can keep bitcoins price up stable and rising.But if youre planning for it you will be needing serious amount of money for it.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 12:28:19 PM

I think depending on the strength of our money, if we have stock of the bitcoin dominant than circulating in the market then we easily manipulate the price of the bitcoin.

The people that holds a lot of bitcoin can have the power to manipulate the price of it. And we know on how the whales are manipulating the market and there are pump and dump groups that are helping each other to get some decent profit. There is a way to manipulate bitcoins price but it is not that an easy thing if you only have very few.
I think big capital will still be difficult to use to manipulate bitcoin prices. If they do not have a good plan. One person is not enough to manipulate bitcoin prices

When you have a big capital, it's pretty obvious that others have a big capital also. Your chance to manipulate the
price is when you have a big percentage of holding on the pie or the total circulation to make it simple.

I do not think that there are a lot of such holders of a large number of bitcoins. And this means that in fact, only a few people in the world can manipulate the price

You are wrong. There are a lot of bitcoin holders worth millions. But you will not see them because they are whales and working behind the bitcoin ecosystem. They are the one who manipulates the bitcoin price. Those are millionaires or billionaires that are holding bitcoin. We can only speculate who are they, but they can manipulate bitcoin price anytime they want.

There are whales that stays behind the shadows but there are also whales such as the Winklevoss twins that are like a celebrity in the bitcoin world and people root for their actions. They are whales that everyone knows about. If you haven't heard about them or even Vinny Lingham, then you probably don't read about the news. These people can spread FUD and people will be affected especially the newbies. And their actions about their investments, they always make it public. Of course ultimately they do that to earn more bitcoins.

darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:12:13 PM

That is a good question. Is it really possible? I do not think so. It just depend on the volume that is being traded in the market. It can manipulate only if someone comes with trillion dollars and deposit in bitcoin trade and I doubt that will also effect price of bitcoin on micro level. Don't know how people are even saying Yes it can be done.  Huh

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
maister77777

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:47:37 PM

I read the thread and concluded that many people believe that price can be manipulated by large whales. But I do not agree with this. Bitcoin can not be controlled by rich people. And I do not think that there is any agreement among them about this
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 07:38:59 PM

I read the thread and concluded that many people believe that price can be manipulated by large whales. But I do not agree with this. Bitcoin can not be controlled by rich people. And I do not think that there is any agreement among them about this

There are quite a few ways to affect the price

And directly changing the supply and demand by injecting bitcoins or fiat into markets is what seems to be most obvious but manipulation is not just about that. If you are rich, influential and overall big fish (so to speak), you can easily affect the decisions that some government agencies may make which would affect Bitcoin as such. For example, the PBoC has been very active in respect to Bitcoin during the last few months, but we don't know who is behind their actions, who prompted them to do what they did. These people prefer to keep in shadow and avoid the publicity

Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:55:49 AM

We can't manipulate the bitcoin prices. Every day the exchanges to bitcoin to other local currency changes. But buying and selling we can know for the right time. The lower of price of bitcoin is for buying and the higher value is for selling. With monitoring you can make sure for profit. I visit every time in forum to check the prices to know the better time to make a profit. We're lucky if we have a bitcoin if it is high. Others sell it in the wrong time to use it in emergency time.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:15:34 AM

We can't manipulate the bitcoin prices. Every day the exchanges to bitcoin to other local currency changes. But buying and selling we can know for the right time. The lower of price of bitcoin is for buying and the higher value is for selling. With monitoring you can make sure for profit. I visit every time in forum to check the prices to know the better time to make a profit. We're lucky if we have a bitcoin if it is high. Others sell it in the wrong time to use it in emergency time.
We can manipulate the bitcoin price if we will act as a group and we will accumulate enough funds for us to do buying or selling bitcoins, because the market is still vulnerable to those kind of people that have a lot of money. The price of bitcoin is still cheap compare to the possible price in the future so it is very easy for a rich person to manipulate or dictate the price in the market.
Finestream

Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:24:39 AM

That is a good question. Is it really possible? I do not think so. It just depend on the volume that is being traded in the market. It can manipulate only if someone comes with trillion dollars and deposit in bitcoin trade and I doubt that will also effect price of bitcoin on micro level. Don't know how people are even saying Yes it can be done.  Huh
It's happening mate, whales are doing it, they have a big control in the total number circulated and they can manipulate anytime, well that is just my opinion, my basis is on how the price move which we normally see it will pump and dump at a given time. Maybe as bitcoin stays longer and people are adopting with it, we can see that the power of manipulation will be weaken, we need volume to dictate the right price movement.

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:27:23 AM

But you should think little that when someone has a lot of bitcoin, then he sells it. Will definitely affect the price of bitcoin in the market. It's all definitely affected because there is a sell and buy action bitcoin.
vysdel

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:31:49 AM

Do you really think that we users can manipulate the Bitcoin price, for that you will be needing around 10% share of the market, and i dont think except miners and exchanges other are holding this much. So i think manipulation of bitcoin price by users is impossible, even from this forum users also. but start counting in thousand of bitcoins. You better manipulate altcoins price, you'll make more money.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:54:56 PM

The manipulation of bitcoin needs a monopoly. Monopolism is almost impossible for other people to do. The only person who can manipulate its prices is the one holding most of the Bitcoin. I am dead sure not a person as an individual but a company can do it if it is holding a great number of bitcoins. Thinking about it is just killing the time. The best part is to concentrate on work rather than spending your time on it.
ElectricBrain

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:16:19 PM

I think we would have to get a lot of rich people involved. And do some high leverage dumping to get the price moving down.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 04:28:57 AM

I think we would have to get a lot of rich people involved. And do some high leverage dumping to get the price moving down.
That is right, bitcoin price manipulation needs a lot of money to do because if you are just an average person then you can't manipulate or even move the price. Some of the people doing that established a group that they have accumulated funds from each other and they manipulate the price of bitcoin depending to their desire.
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 05:09:14 AM

If you are asking the community here if we can manipulate the price of bitcoin, I think not, due to the only people who can do that was the big company connected into bitcoin like different exchanges were they had a capacity to get a huge volume of bitcoin in this industry.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: