Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:12:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we Manipulate Bitcoin price?  (Read 73440 times)
yamete kudasai

Activity: 226
Merit: 26

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:56:21 PM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum
I don't think. Based on what I can remember, bitcoin is a decentralized and independent cryptocurrency which makes its value uncontrollable. Maybe we can affect it little by little as more and more people start to demand it. Another thing we can do to make its value increase is through supporting it and advertising it in different social media platforms or personally.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JCO05

Activity: 429
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:00:11 PM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum
It is hard to break in with bitcoin's program. With great knowledge and skills in programming, maybe we can somehow manipulate bitcoins value but that would require years of studying. The value of bitcoin usually depends on the demand it is gaining from the people. Bitcoin will always have a high value if it is being demanded continuously. So to help it increase we should keep on demanding it.

Dragon5

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:10:35 PM

Interestingly, most of the crypto trading platforms were bought by bankers, namely by Ripple Labs investors. It means all of them will soon be regulated and observed by secret agencies. What's more, bitcoin's price will be easier to be manipulated.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:26:16 PM

It is hard to break in with bitcoin's program. With great knowledge and skills in programming, maybe we can somehow manipulate bitcoins value but that would require years of studying. The value of bitcoin usually depends on the demand it is gaining from the people. Bitcoin will always have a high value if it is being demanded continuously. So to help it increase we should keep on demanding it.
You are just simply talking about into its technical aspect which isn't really right at all since the thing we are talking on here is about on the price which it is mainly concerned on its total tokens circulation.If a big group or whale decide to make up the price go to a certain point then it would really be hard into bitcoin.Why? Tokens are already being distributed even some people who do hold up lots of bitcoin cant really able to make such manipulation.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
jameshowlett

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:12:55 PM

Well bitcoin can be manipulated since the begining, now is more clear that some whales group, as well good or bad news does make price to change, but the worse is the attacks over exchanges or big projects with a lot btc from users, that make they left or loose their full capital. Nowadays a manipulation at bitcoin does cost milions and need whales supports, to keep the dump or pump for a while and then let the market to test the values.
They only control a part of the bitcoin price. They can not control everything since bitcoin price is based on the whole community.

weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:17:18 PM

Only rich people can manipulate the price of cryptocurrency by hoarding a huge amount of coins and it will really affect the market flow because the price of other altcoins might get dumped or increase even more so there's no assurance on what will really happen after a huge changes will occur in the market.

Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:48:59 AM

Only rich people can manipulate the price of cryptocurrency by hoarding a huge amount of coins and it will really affect the market flow because the price of other altcoins might get dumped or increase even more so there's no assurance on what will really happen after a huge changes will occur in the market.
They are called whales, they can manipulate the price and if you are  newbie who does not educate yourself you are most likely
gonna panic and sell with a loss, that should not happen so we have to think that the crypto is risky and we have to be smart in order to be successful here.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:36:36 AM

I'm not really sure, but if you keep we make bad news on bitcoin giving a bad image then waiting someone's panic that's the time we fix the bitcoin image to raise the price back and that time we sell it.

Isn't it one of the price factor is news

But from what i know these time, price manipulation already did by the people behind the screen. Even keep on exchange side giving that price decided by request and  offer by the people itself.

mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:45:31 AM

Only china can manipulate with bitcoin.We cant I really dont understand how small amount of this forum users can manipulate with something big like bitcoin it is not possible because many users here are not interested in that.
Xcode7

Activity: 1106
Merit: 412

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:56:13 AM

Only china can manipulate with bitcoin.We cant I really dont understand how small amount of this forum users can manipulate with something big like bitcoin it is not possible because many users here are not interested in that.
China is a country with a large bitcoin community and right now for bitcoin assets partly in China. users and investors there are people who have money. perhaps the government has taken advantage of this moment to benefit their country

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
BurhanPSG

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:25:55 PM

If for the rich and have a very large capital, surely they can play the market price. Especially if they buy bitcoin with a very large capital, It's all very influential with the market price.
anzhanbei1214068

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:28:37 AM

We can do it, but it is very difficult, we must set up a huge team, when we have a lot of money, we will know how to deal with it, so we don't have any risk manipulating prices because we know how to play this game, we know how to use strategies to increase our funds to manipulate the market.
AndrewBrown

Activity: 251
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:50:27 AM

If you have a lot of coins it is very easy to manipulate the price of bitcoin because there are not a lot of regulations regarding it right now. You can drive prices down by selling a huge number of coins on the open market.
Farhan786

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:06:28 AM

I don't think so, cause bitcoin is a decentralized and independent cryptocurrency.But Since we use Bitcoin, we have a way. And that's it We can support it and make it possible to increase its value through propagating it in the media.
RavenHood

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:40:17 AM

In my opinion, yes we can control the cost of bitcoin. However, you have to get a large volume of bitcoin to ensure you can control it. But to control the bitcoin’s cost, you need the above 50% of its total capacity.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:58:06 AM

You must be aware to the powerful persons who can manipulate the price of the bitcoin. There are persons who we can called whales because they are the reason why the price of the bitcoin is dumping and pumping.
sundul

Activity: 152

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:06:51 AM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of the bitcoin users visit this forum
Can not! We can never manipulate the Bitcoin price. Because the price of Bitcoin is determined only by so many buyers and sellers. So the price of Bitcoin is purely from that, not from the manipulation you think it is.
Indai24

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:15:53 AM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of the bitcoin users visit this forum
Can not! We can never manipulate the Bitcoin price. Because the price of Bitcoin is determined only by so many buyers and sellers. So the price of Bitcoin is purely from that, not from the manipulation you think it is.

It's not possible, we cannot manipulate bitcoin price. Bitcoin price depends on traders and miners and there's no way for us to manipulate it.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:22:15 AM

seems difficult at all to manipulate the price of bitcoin, because I think that determines the price of bitcoin is the users themselves, if they are selling them together in large numbers, then the effect will taste the bitcoin prices.

you already said that selling large quantities of bitcoin does affect the overall market. so therfore it is not really difficult and it is actually possible for the price of bitcoin to manipulate as long as you are a powerful person that has a lot of money to buy a big amounts of bitcoins you can always control the market in to your own favor.

Manipulation do also happend in any kinds of crypto not just on btc but also in alts and tokens as well. the whales are the one major example that does this because they have the power to do it.
NVCPRO

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:37:54 AM

In my opinion, it is not possible to adjust bitcoin prices. Because bitcoin is the world's currency, the number of participants is huge, and the market capitalization is huge. If you meet these two criteria then you can adjust the bitcon price.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: