Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:17:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FREE VPN [OS X/Windows] - WHOAMI VPN - 6 LOCATIONS - FREE NOW  (Read 2079 times)
tushkanych

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:15:06 PM

I think that most of all this service will be enjoyed by users from Russia. Therefore, will wait for the addition of servers that are closer to them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kavinsky (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:29:40 PM

I'll give it a try.A paid VPN is not exactly safer than a free one anyway.And I understand its market strategy providing free services.
I wish you success in the business.

A paid service might not necessarily be safer or more secure than a free one, but usually when you pay for a service, the tier for which you pay gives you a guarantee for some sort of level or tier of service (for example, a certain amount of bandwidth or speed on a VPN such as this one) and the service provider is more dedicated towards maintaining that tier. Of course, this is going to vary depending on who we are talking about, but given what I know so far about WhoAmI, I feel good about purchasing from them.

Feel free to PM me once a paid version is out!

I will remember to do this, and thanks!

Beta phase, only a few servers can be choice, I give a little test and have no any problems. Personally, I feel that the UI is pretty cool.

I'm glad that you liked the UI and had no issues using the VPN. If you have any suggestions please let us know so we can improve it.

I think that most of all this service will be enjoyed by users from Russia. Therefore, will wait for the addition of servers that are closer to them.

We can add a server closer to Russia if you or anybody else has suggestions to the location please let us know.

NOTE: We slowly add new functionality to the VPN and fixing known bugs. The MacOS client got new functionalities, a settings page where there is a variety of options for configuration of the VPN - It's not released yet but it will be out soon.
moooonu

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:06:07 AM

I like your services but I wanted to ask you one question. How do you make money when you aren't charging for your services? You must have servers which need to be maintained  on regular basis. Without charging you can't afford to run those for more months.
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:39:34 PM

I like your services but I wanted to ask you one question. How do you make money when you aren't charging for your services? You must have servers which need to be maintained  on regular basis. Without charging you can't afford to run those for more months.

The maintenance is not too bad. We make money from our fulltime jobs and the monthly expenses are minimal, so we can easily afford to run this. The service has been up since start August.
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:53:38 PM

Almost all VPN companies keep records, there is no problem keeping records. Are there ads on the VPN?? The ads are sometimes very annoying. I will install the VPN according to whether it is an advertisement or not.
How there is no problem on a VPN keeping records? Why would you use a VPN if you don't care about your privacy (which is what you are saying)? Should Tor start keeping logs aswell?

I wouldn't use this service for nothing in the world. Even a few major VPN providers in the world have been found keeping logs and cooperating with the FBI or governments. Imagine what a random and free "VPN provider" will do with your data... Remember: "If you don't pay for the product, you are the product".

if you want real privacy,you should go buy VPNs that cost over 250$ a year
and there is no garantee with them either
all of the free VPN services and majority of the paid but cheap ones are collecting data and logging your activity
don't act surprised here,its the prose of life,nothing is free in this world and even if you pay for the product,you can be the  product
if you do not do anything that is illegal ot requires additional privacy -you can use it no problem just for streaming or torrenting etc.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:59:34 PM

In the beginning of next month,  1-5 December new servers will be added. There will be at least added 1 server in each of these locations: Singapore, San Francisco, and Frankfurt.  We will add 1-2 more servers based on what the majority of our users want so please suggest one or multiple locations, thank you!
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:09:05 PM

In the beginning of next month,  1-5 December new servers will be added. There will be at least added 1 server in each of these locations: Singapore, San Francisco, and Frankfurt.  We will add 1-2 more servers based on what the majority of our users want so please suggest one or multiple locations, thank you!

Are you looking for suggestions to add a server to an existing location or to add a server to a new location? In the former case, in my experience, Switzerland is one of the best locations you could possibly add servers to. I know for a fact that many people, especially those in Europe, use Switzerland along with the Netherlands for their VPN. In the latter case, I would like to suggest adding different locations inside Russia. Different places in Russia can result in much different latencies out of the sheer size of the country.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:33:59 PM

Are you looking for suggestions to add a server to an existing location or to add a server to a new location? In the former case, in my experience, Switzerland is one of the best locations you could possibly add servers to. I know for a fact that many people, especially those in Europe, use Switzerland along with the Netherlands for their VPN. In the latter case, I would like to suggest adding different locations inside Russia. Different places in Russia can result in much different latencies out of the sheer size of the country.

Yes, I am looking for suggestions to add more servers in new locations. Switzerland and Russia will have the highest priority as these locations seem to be very popular. Singapore will also be added. Unfortunately, we might not get these additional locations added before the end of December as we are getting a little delayed with the desktop client development.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:54:37 AM

Yes, I am looking for suggestions to add more servers in new locations. Switzerland and Russia will have the highest priority as these locations seem to be very popular. Singapore will also be added. Unfortunately, we might not get these additional locations added before the end of December as we are getting a little delayed with the desktop client development.

In my opinion, and depending on the demographic that you are targeting, you should be placing more emphasis on the actual service than on the desktop clients. Of course, I do not actually know exactly what your development team is working on, but VPN clients already exist, and given how your VPN is OpenVPN-hosted, you could easily just use the OpenVPN client as the desktop client. You could also add features to your VPN service such as intranet communication before the internet (assuming you don't already support it).

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:28:29 PM

In the beginning of next month,  1-5 December new servers will be added. There will be at least added 1 server in each of these locations: Singapore, San Francisco, and Frankfurt.  We will add 1-2 more servers based on what the majority of our users want so please suggest one or multiple locations, thank you!

In my opinion, and depending on the demographic that you are targeting, you should be placing more emphasis on the actual service than on the desktop clients. Of course, I do not actually know exactly what your development team is working on, but VPN clients already exist, and given how your VPN is OpenVPN-hosted, you could easily just use the OpenVPN client as the desktop client. You could also add features to your VPN service such as intranet communication before the internet (assuming you don't already support it).

Hello, sorry for the late reply.

The available OpenVPN client lacks many nice-to-have features. we still have a long way to go before all our features are implemented. We will implement different things such as; a way to bypass firewalled internet access and kill switch. I believe we will have to resources to begin on this in January as it's expected to have a full-time employee there. We have made many improvements to the MacOS X client in regards to stability and usability but none of those changes have been released to the public yet.

We decided not to add any more servers this month as there are some things we want finished/improved first.

We have also stumbled across this project, https://mysterium.network/ and it looks very interesting at a first look. I will spend some of the next days to see if this is technology is something we somehow can utilize in our software.
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:37:03 PM

If anyone has any questions or needs support in regards to our service, please feel free to contact us.
shadowford

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:52:34 PM

Nice... I like the interface... I think it would be better if will minimize to system tray like opnvpn and other vpn..
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:51:30 AM

Our VPN servers are still online and running smoothly. We're still under beta development and are working on adding new features to our client and website.

Remember to follow us on social media for announcements regarding Whoami VPN.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/WhoamiVPN
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/whoamipanama
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/whoamivpn
Discord: https://discord.gg/bWqA2CF
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:05:28 PM

Our VPN servers are still online and running smoothly. We're still under beta development and are working on adding new features to our client and website.

That's interesting - I was just thinking about this a few days ago and wondering how it was turning out. Glad it's still going well. Is there any roadmap or idea on when this will become a paid/freemium service?
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:12:36 AM

That's interesting - I was just thinking about this a few days ago and wondering how it was turning out. Glad it's still going well. Is there any roadmap or idea on when this will become a paid/freemium service?

We are hoping within June we will become a premium service. We are still developing features for Windows & MacOS.
We will make announcements on social media, discord, and forums once we have transitioned into a premium service.
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:24:59 PM

We have just recently made a major update to our windows client. We plan to push out the below updates very soon but until then you can download our test build provided in our discord group in the news channel if you would like to try any of these features out!

• - Bypass restrictive firewall rules wth Stunnel
  • - Bypass mobile data limits and firewalled internet access
  • - Utilizing ONE of the most secure encryption algorithms for key exchange ECDSA384 / SHA384. This algorithm is also used in Bitcoin and Ethereum which make it highly reputable.
  • - Adblocker, block advertisement networks without the need to install any sketchy 3rd party plugins for your browser.
  • - Malwareblocker, block unwanted ip addresses/domain names that has proven to be malicious.
  • - Beacon animation improved.
  • - Improved quality of the UI components.
  • - Fixed random disconnects.
  • - Implemented encryption of all DNS traffic, prevent spying, spoofing and MiTM attacks (man-in-the-middle attack)
  • - DNS logs are removed frequently. No data are collected or distributed from the DNS server.
  • - Increased the DNS lookup speed.
  • - Fixed soft reset issue, disconnected after 1 hour.
  • - Implemented handling for drops, sleeps and other connection issues.
  • - Switched from AES-128 to AES-256-GCM

BTCBTC
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:42:12 AM

Remember you can access our new Windows client via our Discord news channel.
https://discord.gg/bWqA2CF

Our new OSX client is still within development and we will make annoucements once this has been released.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: