Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:54:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is ICO ?  (Read 23936 times)
condura150

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:20:53 AM

Hello, i'm new here and i would like to understand what is Initial Coin Offering.
Why does it open and closes ? And what is it actually ?

Thanks a lot if someone can help me.  Smiley

Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is basically an unregulated means of crowdfunding via cryptocurrency. ICOs sell a right of ownership or royalties to a project.

According to Amy Wan, a partner at Trowbridge Sidoti LLP practicing crowdfunding and syndication law, “The coin in an ICO is a symbol of ownership interest in an enterprise—a digital stock certificate, if you will.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MissHope

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:54:59 AM

ICO's can make you a lot of money or leave you empty handed if it ends up being a scam.  I have been on the receiving end of both.  Be careful and do your research before investing. 
I agree that you need to be careful. But I think that nowadays ICO is the best way to invest your money Smiley
anylic

Activity: 278
Merit: 115

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:00:04 AM

ICO (Initial Coin Offering) is a form of capital mobilization from investors, a number of cryptocurrency is offered to investors to create a premise for the project as well as to evaluate the value of the project

Aur3

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Embrace change

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:19:19 AM

It is just a method of coin distribution to fund development.

Crowdfunding is used to distribute the coins, instead of mining the coin initially.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdfunding

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining

As I see it, Initial Coin Offering is emphasizing the value of crypto investment. The ICO makes use of bitcoin or eth token to improve the quality of payment system. An example is Everex. You can read the reasons why Everex investment makes sense, goo.gl/E2NDF2 Everex is a Singaporean company who aims to build a quicker and safer remittance system worldwide. Alexi Lane and his team want every one to use an ethereum wallet app that transfers money anywhere and anytime.

Let's make a change. Change makes you better. Change makes you smarter. Change makes you healthier.
Rebecca77

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:50:23 AM

all  ico are not scam like we can not totally agree or disagree with that we have to check there is good and bed too for everything so rather take totally negative check and if you feel than you can invest. whats wrong if company are good and they have good project than there is a scope to investment.
unixguy

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:02:39 AM

Icos are used for like crowdfunding where you cannot get big investors due to market hold or competition.
You can never expect free enerzy devices to get funding from oil wells.
Genuine icos and scams are big topic to be discussed.

FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:18:33 AM

I can define ICO as an event whereby a newly created cryptocurrency raise funds. The newly created coin should have their whitepaper to explain to their investors what the project is about, how much money is needed to undertake the venture and everything that is related to their projects should be mentioned there, this will include the bonuses, what type of currencies are accepted, and how long the ICO campaign will run for.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:37:36 PM

ICO (Initial Coin Offering) is an offer from owner of crypto currency before the launching of coin and to get the capital from the investors at low rate of the coin and after launching its price will go up.
MiriamWeston

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:00:43 PM

ICO is the form of financial mobilization in the cryptocurrency and the Blockchain industries
ViolaDavis

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:18:20 PM

Do you think ICO is a scam
Riuzan

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:44:03 PM

a scam or a good profit

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Rodriguez91

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:47:38 PM

I think the ICO is a form of super-profitable investment you can learn it
Lmaooo

Activity: 694
Merit: 108

santacoin.io

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:53:24 PM

Hello, i'm new here and i would like to understand what is Initial Coin Offering.

Are you familiar with IPO (Initial Public Offering)? They are alike but this one is based on Crypto-Currency. Cool

Alpinat

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:56:10 PM

initial coin offering is offering that you will help them to publish their business by using coin, ofcourse they have source and they have the ability to manage it well the participants their should contribute money so that they can manage it well, as a replacement of that they will give them an amount of token that they will sell on the market after the ico.
alva5763

Activity: 451

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:59:14 PM

An ICO is similar to a conventional company listing its shares on a stock exchange for the first time. It needs money so sells the shares. Potential investors will look at the prospectus to see if the company is a worthwhile investment. ICO is same as share and whitepaper is the prospectus.
klixion

Activity: 645

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:22:23 AM

Not all ICO's are scams and not all ICO's are successful.  It's pretty much a high risk investment but you can eliminate some of the risk by researching carefully about the team and vision of the project. 
inthelongrun

Activity: 1750
Merit: 594

The Martian Child

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:53:52 AM

Not all ICO's are scams and not all ICO's are successful.  It's pretty much a high risk investment but you can eliminate some of the risk by researching carefully about the team and vision of the project. 

The problem with most people is that they don't do the very necessary due diligence and jump right into the flow without much thinking. At the end of the day, when everything fails, they start pointing fingers at everyone. ICO is never scam, the projects are. So do some serious digging before investing.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:57:14 AM

ICO the coin or Initial Coin Offerings?

Coin Offerings is like the new way of getting funding for a project. Most scams but we've gotten a lot of great projects out of ICO's.

Campaign Manager (2018)
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:40:05 AM

Oh ok, but how can we make profit with ICOs ?
Because i found your website and i was wondering if i should invest on coins before the opening of there ICOs or before the end of there ICOs

I highly recommend you don't invest in an ICO until you feel confident that you understand some of the fundamental aspects of profiting from them. the ICOcountdown.com person has in fact done a good job of sussing out the scams and their blog probably is a good start. Beyond that it is a good idea to read, research, read more, research more and then invest only an amount that you can afford to lose.
so true. Do not until you regret in the future. This is an investment that has high risk. Nevertheless we can anticipate or minimize risk with research, carefulness and caution in making decisions.
YS84

Activity: 159

UTEMIS| pre-ICO 15.02.2018 | +50% Bonus

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:30:04 AM

ICO (Initial Coin Offering) is an offer from owner of crypto currency before the launching of coin and to get the capital from the investors at low rate of the coin and after launching its price will go up.
ICO is a good chance to get coins at discounted price. But it has a big risk. If it is a scam, you will lose your money. Before you invest on ICO, read their whitepaper and road map to understand their project and get trusted. If you are not satisfied, ignore it. Be careful, most are not getting success, their ICO s are only for getting funding for their projects.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: