Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:49:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam accepting btc - will it affect the forum market?  (Read 47148 times)
novemberwoah

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 02:32:24 AM

Steam formally accept bitcoin was a step in the right in my opinion. Before accepting bitcoin, buy games on Steam is very difficult. Especially in developing countries, steam requires a users use credit card. Whereas in developing countries are very few who have a credit card. So with receipt of bitcoin will ease Steam in reaching markets around the world, including in developing countries, without the risks and high fees such as credit cards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
senyorito123

Activity: 1722
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 11:15:00 AM

Steam is accepting indeed already for a while and I cannot say its really changing it or popular, I think that it will also not affect it in the future.

how you can be so sure that the current pump was not also possible because of steam accepting bitcoin? there are more than 13M people that use steam, there are high chances that many are using bitcoin to buy games there

I don't know why these people just appreciate on how steam's acceptance is a good attribute to the whole bitcoin economy.

Regardless if the price increases or not, just the acceptance of steam for its bitcoin payment is already a good thing to appreciate.

Totally a big thing since just imagine how many steam user got in the whole world and if their huge numbers of player will try to used it surely it has great effect on bitcoins itself since steam acceptance surely be the one of the greatest happening on bitcoins history and might it affects on demand on bitcoins,

And also i dont think steam acceptance got huge impact or this current price rise since the acceptance made for those back long months and the 1000$ milestone has been reach in this year 2017.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 03:01:12 PM

Steam is accepting indeed already for a while and I cannot say its really changing it or popular, I think that it will also not affect it in the future.

how you can be so sure that the current pump was not also possible because of steam accepting bitcoin? there are more than 13M people that use steam, there are high chances that many are using bitcoin to buy games there

I don't know why these people just appreciate on how steam's acceptance is a good attribute to the whole bitcoin economy.

Regardless if the price increases or not, just the acceptance of steam for its bitcoin payment is already a good thing to appreciate.

Totally a big thing since just imagine how many steam user got in the whole world and if their huge numbers of player will try to used it surely it has great effect on bitcoins itself since steam acceptance surely be the one of the greatest happening on bitcoins history and might it affects on demand on bitcoins,

And also i dont think steam acceptance got huge impact or this current price rise since the acceptance made for those back long months and the 1000$ milestone has been reach in this year 2017.
We cant tell a thing if steam give impact or not because no one really knows the reason why bitcoin price suddenly reach on $1k price again on this year.Even steam adopted or accepted bitcoin as a payment but most players still use the conventional way because most of them dont really have idea on what is bitcoin and if someone got curios about that new payment system then he might able to know bitcoin but still depends on a person though.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 06:03:53 PM

We cant tell a thing if steam give impact or not because no one really knows the reason why bitcoin price suddenly reach on $1k price again on this year.Even steam adopted or accepted bitcoin as a payment but most players still use the conventional way because most of them dont really have idea on what is bitcoin and if someone got curios about that new payment system then he might able to know bitcoin but still depends on a person though.

I think we can tell yes, Steam doesn't influence anything about the Bitcoin price. Since the middle or beginning of 2016, I don't remember, Steam already accepts BTCs as payment method and it didn't change the Bitcoin price, no big influence from this, because most Steam's members don't know what is Bitcoin and I'm sure many of them didn't have interest to start using Bitcoins or to learning what is it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Factmine

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 06:40:39 PM

Nah. I don't think it will. Each and every forum has its own intended purposes and the forums of steam is unique and would not affect bitcointalk. For example, steam will most probably not allow their members to sell their accounts on steam forums which is practically legal in bitcointalk. So the rules of steam will probably be the only thing that would matter regards the effect.
xSplit

Activity: 241
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 11:12:23 PM

Bought some games with btc love this atm
Gliassa

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 01:06:15 AM

As far as we can see right now it did nothing with the market on here, and on steam itself its also not super effective.
Ducksun

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:20:18 AM

No it has not affect it and it will also not affect it because its something that just will not happen, the prices are more attractable on here too.

Nope never affected it and I agree about the fact that paying by bitcoin on steam itself is very popular.
Rinder

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:38:55 PM

Steam will allow bitcoin to become more popular over the time, but currently i doubt the most people that has accounts theres does know bitcoin at all, sure if media start to talk about bitcoin once again, we will see people getting more interested at bitcoin, but i doubt the recent pump has been caused by this community.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 01:31:14 PM

Steam will allow bitcoin to become more popular over the time, but currently i doubt the most people that has accounts theres does know bitcoin at all, sure if media start to talk about bitcoin once again, we will see people getting more interested at bitcoin, but i doubt the recent pump has been caused by this community.

Yeah, whatever will definitely happen in the growth of the bitcoin. but it is just something that is reasonable, so if we can have patience is good then we will give you a good profit. The media is very influential in the growth of the bitcoin, but media only as an intermediary only and we have to provide the mandatory action or notification. If we want only the advantage only in the bitcoin without helping to create a bitcoin higher then it is the thing that will surely make you greedy and you end up losing it all

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2842
Merit: 768

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:11:17 PM

Yeah, whatever will definitely happen in the growth of the bitcoin. but it is just something that is reasonable, so if we can have patience is good then we will give you a good profit. The media is very influential in the growth of the bitcoin, but media only as an intermediary only and we have to provide the mandatory action or notification. If we want only the advantage only in the bitcoin without helping to create a bitcoin higher then it is the thing that will surely make you greedy and you end up losing it all

Media would really be a good medium on bitcoins adoption but we all know that they are against with it because government will surely block the way on introducing it.Steam doesnt have an impact on bitcoins price in my own opinion but still a good way on making use of bitcoin on their service.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:16:23 PM

I think we can tell yes, Steam doesn't influence anything about the Bitcoin price. Since the middle or beginning of 2016, I don't remember, Steam already accepts BTCs as payment method and it didn't change the Bitcoin price, no big influence from this, because most Steam's members don't know what is Bitcoin and I'm sure many of them didn't have interest to start using Bitcoins or to learning what is it.
It doesnt really affect bitcoins price and same as you said steam already accepted bitcoin as a payment last year and it doesnt really affect too much the price because of lack of knowledge on most players who uses it thats why its somehow useless but its really beneficial to those people who knows bitcoin.
lOvE mE forEvEr

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:40:41 PM

I do not think it will have a significant impact, we all know that bitcoin can not be in control so the price is happening is natural and not from the use of a particular community.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:35:19 AM

Media would really be a good medium on bitcoins adoption but we all know that they are against with it because government will surely block the way on introducing it.Steam doesnt have an impact on bitcoins price in my own opinion but still a good way on making use of bitcoin on their service.
Yeah the fact that Steam now accept bitcoin will not affect the forum market because you can find the games cheaper in here than in Steam besides with the recent price movement not many people seem to eager to spend their bitcoin in something like games.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:50:33 AM

Not many people buy games off steam anymore unless there is some kind of sale going on.
The prices on steam are way too high compared to third party sites such as G2A and kinguin.
Etaurith

Activity: 82

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:56:44 AM

Steam is indeed accepting the bitcoin already but the fact is that it not really changed anything here on the forums..
Darwintas

Activity: 86

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:26:51 AM

Steam is indeed accepting the bitcoin already but the fact is that it not really changed anything here on the forums..

Nothing changed and the forum market is still doing great things with steam games, the fact is that the prices are here just so much cheaper.
Evansloin

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 03:39:39 PM

Nothing changed and the forum market is still doing great things with steam games, the fact is that the prices are here just so much cheaper.

Nothing changed indeed the market stayed the same, steam is not popular with bitcoin in their own platform.
shield132

Activity: 2198
Merit: 848

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 08:08:52 AM

Games on steam are very expensive and many people can't buy them until they don't have good sales. It didn't affected forum market but it did better job for bitcoin because steam is very popular platform and when people will checkout, they will see bitcoin payment that will cause their interest, it happens like that in more cases. But of course accepting bitcoin gave their economics some profit.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:39:29 PM

Games on steam are very expensive and many people can't buy them until they don't have good sales. It didn't affected forum market but it did better job for bitcoin because steam is very popular platform and when people will checkout, they will see bitcoin payment that will cause their interest, it happens like that in more cases. But of course accepting bitcoin gave their economics some profit.

Yup, this is the best thing in the growth of the bitcoin. Because with more and more know someone bitcoin, then will provide opportunities in the rising prices of bitcoin getting high again. And will also be more someone using bitcoin, which will make the Government is getting serious about decide bitcoin became a virtual currency for the payment of money and the more practical. But keep in mind that something already big, will surely have a great problem also

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: