Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:05:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam accepting btc - will it affect the forum market?  (Read 47146 times)
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:39:29 PM

Steam is indeed accepting the bitcoin already but the fact is that it not really changed anything here on the forums..

Nothing changed and the forum market is still doing great things with steam games, the fact is that the prices are here just so much cheaper.

Games on steam are very expensive and many people can't buy them until they don't have good sales. It didn't affected forum market but it did better job for bitcoin because steam is very popular platform and when people will checkout, they will see bitcoin payment that will cause their interest, it happens like that in more cases. But of course accepting bitcoin gave their economics some profit.

Yup, this is the best thing in the growth of the bitcoin. Because with more and more know someone bitcoin, then will provide opportunities in the rising prices of bitcoin getting high again. And will also be more someone using bitcoin, which will make the Government is getting serious about decide bitcoin became a virtual currency for the payment of money and the more practical. But keep in mind that something already big, will surely have a great problem also

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gliassa

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 06:16:00 PM

Steam is indeed accepting the bitcoin already but the fact is that it not really changed anything here on the forums..

Nothing changed and the forum market is still doing great things with steam games, the fact is that the prices are here just so much cheaper.

Nothing changed indeed the market stayed the same, steam is not popular with bitcoin in their own platform.

I agree there is not changed a dime and the fact is still that the market here is good and also cheaper.
Vuizel

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 08:29:42 PM

Nothing changed indeed the market stayed the same, steam is not popular with bitcoin in their own platform.

I agree there is not changed a dime and the fact is still that the market here is good and also cheaper.

Yep its still cheaper here on the digital good section and due to that it does not change a thing that it got accepted on steam.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 01:59:59 AM

Generally steam gift cards and such go for 65-75% if you can get a decent deal. They peak at 80% max. This has changed before and after steam started accepting bitcoin; it's just that generally bitcoin is worth more to people than steam money.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Rosberger

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 09:32:55 PM

Steam is indeed accepting already for a while but its not that we can see a change in the market because of it.
BrandonFever

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:24:49 AM

Steam is indeed accepting already for a while but its not that we can see a change in the market because of it.

Nothing has changed what is pretty funny so to see and I think that is all thanks to the low prices here on the forum in the digital good section!
Thaliron

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 12:33:21 PM

Steam accepting bitcoin for a while now and there literally changed nothing these days..
mastica

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 03:24:30 PM

Since bitcoin its a digital currencie im sure it had affected the buyers and sellers of steam accounts, since they can purchase now with bitcoin outside those it hadnt make any real impact at bitcoin value, besides be more know and the possibility to spread ahead bitcoin.
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 12:36:45 PM

Obviously if there are more customers/ users
The value of a currency increase.
It is a great achievement for bitcoin that famous gaming sites have
Started accepting bitcoin.
Even g2a , the online store for games and in game items accepts Bitcoin.
One day even MCD and KFC will accept bitcoin
 And I am waiting for that day

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 02:04:30 PM

Steam accepting bitcoin for a while now and there literally changed nothing these days..

how can you be so sure? maybe the current bull trend is also because there are more buyers that went to bitcoin because of steam, i see gret potential here

morgand

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 02:25:32 PM

Its good news for every bitcoin user, and i think it would affect the price of bitcoin, because many steam game player will looking for bitcoin to deposit in steam. This will make bitcoin price grow up. I dont know any effect in forum market. I just happy that i can buy dota2 item easier now.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2828
Merit: 767

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 04:02:32 PM

Steam will allow bitcoin to become more popular over the time, but currently i doubt the most people that has accounts theres does know bitcoin at all, sure if media start to talk about bitcoin once again, we will see people getting more interested at bitcoin, but i doubt the recent pump has been caused by this community.

Yeah, whatever will definitely happen in the growth of the bitcoin. but it is just something that is reasonable, so if we can have patience is good then we will give you a good profit. The media is very influential in the growth of the bitcoin, but media only as an intermediary only and we have to provide the mandatory action or notification. If we want only the advantage only in the bitcoin without helping to create a bitcoin higher then it is the thing that will surely make you greedy and you end up losing it all

Media would really be a good medium on bitcoins adoption but we all know that they are against with it because government will surely block the way on introducing it.Steam doesnt have an impact on bitcoins price in my own opinion but still a good way on making use of bitcoin on their service.
Yeah the fact that Steam now accept bitcoin will not affect the forum market because you can find the games cheaper in here than in Steam besides with the recent price movement not many people seem to eager to spend their bitcoin in something like games.
Some may still spend their bitcoin on purchasing games because of the convenience it gives but if i were them i wont bother to use it because price of bitcoin is increasing and its really a regretful move to waste of bitcoin by just buying games and we should buy it on local fiat instead and save up bitcoin as we can.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 04:42:34 PM

Steam will allow bitcoin to become more popular over the time, but currently i doubt the most people that has accounts theres does know bitcoin at all, sure if media start to talk about bitcoin once again, we will see people getting more interested at bitcoin, but i doubt the recent pump has been caused by this community.

Yeah, whatever will definitely happen in the growth of the bitcoin. but it is just something that is reasonable, so if we can have patience is good then we will give you a good profit. The media is very influential in the growth of the bitcoin, but media only as an intermediary only and we have to provide the mandatory action or notification. If we want only the advantage only in the bitcoin without helping to create a bitcoin higher then it is the thing that will surely make you greedy and you end up losing it all

Media would really be a good medium on bitcoins adoption but we all know that they are against with it because government will surely block the way on introducing it.Steam doesnt have an impact on bitcoins price in my own opinion but still a good way on making use of bitcoin on their service.
Yeah the fact that Steam now accept bitcoin will not affect the forum market because you can find the games cheaper in here than in Steam besides with the recent price movement not many people seem to eager to spend their bitcoin in something like games.
Some may still spend their bitcoin on purchasing games because of the convenience it gives but if i were them i wont bother to use it because price of bitcoin is increasing and its really a regretful move to waste of bitcoin by just buying games and we should buy it on local fiat instead and save up bitcoin as we can.

This can be a smart strategy to don't waste much money. Who is a hardcore money saver probably will do it, but another people buy Bitcoin with fiat, hold it for some time and already make profit, so they use this profit to buy the games, they didn't lose money anyway, made some profit and bought games with part of this profit and in a fast and simple way, as they didn't need to use their credit cards or pay via bank slip.

Both alternatives are good.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 11:35:51 AM

Looks like steam is finally going to accept bitcoin!!!!

http://cointelegraph.com/news/steam-to-accept-payments-via-bitcoin-in-its-next-update

Curious if that will affect the people selling games on the bitcoin talk? And the various other websites you can buy steam at.

well it depends on the number of people who are a gaming enthusiasts here in this forum, but I think it would affect the numbers of people who also uses bitcoin and they will be glad to know that news but it will only affect those people not the value of bitcoin .
miningdude

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

Have a mining rig

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:29:57 PM

Depends on the stock, and how steam is spending their bitcoins, but the BTC is going up so it won't affect the forum market I guess.
tonguetides

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 10:46:05 PM

Nope, people here on forum want things for something between 50-60% discount and paying full price is out of question. if Steam is not willing to give away half of the price people here won't be interested in buying directly (I'm not even sure if steam still takes BTC...)
sunsilk

Activity: 2884
Merit: 620

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:33:10 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 05:44:46 AM by sunsilk

Nope, people here on forum want things for something between 50-60% discount and paying full price is out of question.

You got it right, most of us here wanting to have some more discount upon availing steam products which we are prefer to choose the merchants who sells with lower price.

if Steam is not willing to give away half of the price people here won't be interested in buying directly (I'm not even sure if steam still takes BTC...)

They will never be interested to slash half price to their products because their expenses is higher than we are thinking. 

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 08:03:14 AM

Nope, people here on forum want things for something between 50-60% discount and paying full price is out of question. if Steam is not willing to give away half of the price people here won't be interested in buying directly (I'm not even sure if steam still takes BTC...)

you were living all the time under a rock to not know that steam offer up to 75% discount, in concomitance with festivity such christmas, halloween etc...

and yes they still accept bitcoin, via bitpay, you just need one confirmation and your order will be delivered without problem
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 01:56:39 PM

Depends on the stock, and how steam is spending their bitcoins, but the BTC is going up so it won't affect the forum market I guess.

Steam doesn't accept Bitcoins directly, they use a 3rd party service, I think Bitpay, to process the Bitcoin payments.

As far I know Bitpay just dump their bitcoins as soon they receive them

you were living all the time under a rock to not know that steam offer up to 75% discount, in concomitance with festivity such christmas, halloween etc...

and yes they still accept bitcoin, via bitpay, you just need one confirmation and your order will be delivered without problem

the times I used them I needed no confirmation Huh

nullievoid

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:26:48 PM

in my opinion won`t affect the market
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: