Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:44:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Firmware Release for S7 and S5 Miner all Batches  (Read 9933 times)
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 12:28:26 PM

10:14] <fubly> how can I add cryptoglance to my custom firmware mod for the antminers, you wrote please contact us if anyone want to add your software into an selling hardware or software
[10:17] <fubly> ok, now I asking for how, and sorry for disregard and not asking before.

I would contact them direct like it says not here but if you sell it with there free program they are gonna want you to pay a fee to use it you can't blame them unless you make yours free but don't ask here they tell you how to get in touch with them on page one.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fubly (OP)

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 01:27:33 PM

10:14] <fubly> how can I add cryptoglance to my custom firmware mod for the antminers, you wrote please contact us if anyone want to add your software into an selling hardware or software
[10:17] <fubly> ok, now I asking for how, and sorry for disregard and not asking before.

I would contact them direct like it says not here but if you sell it with there free program they are gonna want you to pay a fee to use it you can't blame them unless you make yours free but don't ask here they tell you how to get in touch with them on page one.

ok! understand! I wait atm for a feedback of them

thx!

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
mcbiv

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 09:51:09 PM

:-\Unless I am totally missing sumtin which may be possible, but from my experience this "Custom Antminer s7 Firmware" Doesn't Work At All.
It appears to just be a bloated non-functioning Antminer S7 batch 1 firmware copy.  It even has the "ping 114.114.114.114" line in /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh NOT commented out. Since currently (well at last time checked) this ip address is down and has been for a week or longer Cgminer will not run.  Also when I went to check the version of Cgminer after running on the SD Card that "new firmware" was dd'd to it was still showing 4.8.  I contacted Ziwalla (or how ever the spell it) Support and no response, not even an automated response.  So it's either one of a few things possible going on here:

1. Totally Doesn't Work At All
2. Does not Run on My Batch
3. Terrible Customer Service / Non-existence Support

Has anyone actually gotten this "Custom S7 Firmware" to Run ?

I am probably just going to Extract Original Batch 1 Firmware
to a virtual linux box and fix the cgminer.sh file
And then possible update/upgrade system
Install new version of cgminer and
Then recompress to flashable tar or just make a img file to
write to Sd Card boot.  
These were really the only features i was interested in if anyone has already done this and would like to share
That would be helpful otherwise if anyone else wants when i'm done i can post it up here or new thread for people
to freely download and use...

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:09:14 PM

:-\Unless I am totally missing sumtin which may be possible, but from my experience this "Custom Antminer s7 Firmware" Doesn't Work At All.
It appears to just be a bloated non-functioning Antminer S7 batch 1 firmware copy.  It even has the "ping 114.114.114.114" line in /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh NOT commented out. Since currently (well at last time checked) this ip address is down and has been for a week or longer Cgminer will not run.  Also when I went to check the version of Cgminer after running on the SD Card that "new firmware" was dd'd to it was still showing 4.8.  I contacted Ziwalla (or how ever the spell it) Support and no response, not even an automated response.  So it's either one of a few things possible going on here:

1. Totally Doesn't Work At All
2. Does not Run on My Batch
3. Terrible Customer Service / Non-existence Support

Has anyone actually gotten this "Custom S7 Firmware" to Run ?

I am probably just going to Extract Original Batch 1 Firmware
to a virtual linux box and fix the cgminer.sh file
And then possible update/upgrade system
Install new version of cgminer and
Then recompress to flashable tar or just make a img file to
write to Sd Card boot.  
These were really the only features i was interested in if anyone has already done this and would like to share
That would be helpful otherwise if anyone else wants when i'm done i can post it up here or new thread for people
to freely download and use...

I haven't the video to change the ip makes so sense . but I'm also tying to run it on a S5 which no setting will save to. i have no s7 it defaults to . some one here said they got it working with cg miner 4.9.2 can't say other wise. they want Positive feed back, to that i say make sure it works as intend other wise fix it so it does work out of the box or there won't be any really good feedback.

fubly (OP)

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 11:18:53 PM

can you post your cgminer.conf from your S5, to compare it. Do not include private details, like this:

api-listen" : true,
"api-network" : true,
"api-allow" : "W:0/0",
"bitmain-freq" : "3:350:0d82",
"bitmain-voltage" : "0725"

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
fubly (OP)

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 11:30:16 PM

It appears to just be a bloated non-functioning Antminer S7 batch 1 firmware copy.  It even has the "ping 114.114.114.114" line in /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh NOT commented out.

I do not know on which software you are riding your machine but a line with 114.114.114.114 does not exist on my custom firmware.

How do you upgrade to my firmware? Did you use this steps?

1. Clicking on Status
2. clicking on upgrade
3. choose the image file
4. click on "flash image"
5. reboot

Huh
Please do not use this steps until I have an answer for. thx

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:30:18 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2016, 10:20:17 AM by toptek

can you post your cgminer.cons from your S5, to compare it. Do not include private details, like this:

api-listen" : true,
"api-network" : true,
"api-allow" : "W:0/0",

This is my cgminer.conf from my S5 not sure what else you need or want,

the rest in mine is all the stuff you don't want, your software just won't save to S5 mode or switch to it even thu it's there.

or it won't switch over to the S5 firmware which is different form the S7 even thu it may load in the S5 which it does but it tires to run like it is a S7 .

bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 02:02:24 AM

Technically cryptoglance is GPLv2+ licensed but it's probably bad etiquette to use it without asking. As long as source code is provided it should be legal to use however(it's pretty easy to extract the cryptoglance source code from the firmware image since it's not compiled).

Cgminer is GPLv3+ which has additional requirements such as making it possible to replace the installed binary. Neither of these licenses prohibit selling the software but they do require source code to be provided.

Mining Software Developer.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 10:46:00 PM

Technically cryptoglance is GPLv2+ licensed but it's probably bad etiquette to use it without asking. As long as source code is provided it should be legal to use however(it's pretty easy to extract the cryptoglance source code from the firmware image since it's not compiled).
No, it is his own license, learn to actually read your own link.

It doesn't matter if it contain some part of another license, his license is stated there and implying that someone can ignore parts of CryptoGlance's license is very bad form ... though you at least used to work for Bitmain so I guess that might explain it ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
fubly (OP)

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 01:10:18 AM

Hi to all,

• we have an agreement with the team of cryptoglance now
  • every one  can use all open source tools (old menu - directly on startup screen) for free
  • Licenses are included inside the download package
  • We charge only for our own functions (Pro Version) - Dual license
  • we have donation buttons for the cgminer team and also for cryptogalnce team
  • we where sending a link of the source code to cryptoglance team for review
  • and kano, it will be nice if you unblock me now from your pool, please let me start mining on your pool again

thx

fubly

do not forgot, that I was working now 7 month (more then 1900 hours) on this firmware without any income on it.

cryptoglance

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 01:21:53 PM

Hey All,

Currently we're in the process of reviewing the codebase for the modifications of CryptoGlance that are delivered with this paid app. We believe it's in the communities best interest to release software that does not cause any harm.

We will update this thread as our code review has finished. At this moment, we have not found anything malicious code.

Ondart

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 12:57:48 AM

Does the undervolt actually work? I assumed the voltage was fixed for the S3,S5,S7

Yes it is fixed! Inside the original firmware. You can change the voltage from 0600 to 0900 on my firmware.

The effect? I don't know atm. what are the differences.

I just did S7 Undervolt testing. The voltage must be fixed because there was no noticeable change if power consumption at the wall and I tried every voltage lower than the default voltage. I posted this on another thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1512744.40

With my utility costs and the current difficulty level, my S7-B7 Miner is now breaking even with the halving reducing the block reward at 12.5 BTC. I was hoping this firmware was going to be able to undervolt the S7 and it was the reason I purchased the firmware.

BTC: 171t96czWbGjYrccpgDjjgsD7HS3CCG135
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: