Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:28:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin investing and the economy  (Read 934 times)
1905 (OP)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 11:52:20 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2011, 12:12:40 AM by timbuckley

So as many of you are aware there is large concern worldwide as to the global economy and what to invest in. In the past recent weeks investors are scrambling to make the correct decision as to what direction companies are going and where the world truly stands economically.

To the average middle class citizen good jobs are harder and harder to come by and the majority of investments have not produced what most have anticipated in the last 10 years. Of course the media pumps our tvs and newspapers full of reasons why these things are happening and how we are going to work through them. Well unfortunately I am not so optimistic. The US's GDP is less than 2%. The govt is so in debt they dont know which way is up. All other economies rely on our market to survive for them to survive. Companies are opting to build and manufacture products in any other country but the US. Which means the US is a consumer country. Hence our >2% GDP. So we make no money, we spend money, and it doesnt look like there is anyway to make money in the near future (overall as a whole). This is going to result (and already has begun in the last 2 weeks) in companies selling off and laying off employees to make quartly profits for investors. Which will make short term profits for investors.

For example HP is realizing it can no longer afford to provide PCs to consumers. Why? Consumers dont have money and if they did its becoming more and more appearant that they would rather have a smart phone or a smart pad which is capable of doing the primary things they need to accomplish. Supply and demmand. No demmand = not worth making supply. But that doesnt mean that there isnt some demmand for HP products. HP then discontinues its PCs to consumers and leave the "some demmand" slot open for an outside company to fill. Since no companies want to invest in the United States for manufacturing (because its more expensive for them to open shop or expand their existing "shop" here) an outside company can pick-up the left over "some demmand" that HP left behind. Making the US MORE of a consumer country. Which is why the market is not going to rebound aaannnnyyy time soon.

The next 1-2 years are going to be rough. And as an investor or an average middle class person (worldwide) what should you invest in? I will give you my opinion on the matter. BTC. And the funniest part of this story is the look on the faces of "well to do people" i speak with regularly where I am from. Its funny nobody even UNDERSTANDS bitcoin let alone thinks it is anything other than the dumbest kiddie idea they have ever heard. After first coming across the idea of BTC about 3-4 months ago I became very interested in the Bitcoin. Im not going to lie I did not understand it exactly for at least a couple days after I had began looking into it. But the farther and farther you get into understanding the economics of the Bitcoin, the more genius it actually is. Which brings me to the conclusion of why the Bitcoin will be around as long as the internet is still operating (which would be a more dramatic scenario than even I can fathom) Well because its genius, the more geeky people understand the bitcoin for what it is, a P2P currency which cant be counterfeit. This makes it valuable to the "geeky" person. He would like to have them because they have value to him. Which creates supply and demmand, as long as 2 people think bitcoins are valuable they have worth. They can be immediately send internationally to any peer within a matter of seconds compared to a bank transfer. They are somewhat anonymous and it is easy for people to send money without record of it (which is more or less being portrayed as a way for criminals to launder money, but whatever, I am not responsible for another mans actions)

Needless to say in the world we live in there WILL ALWAYS be a demmand for bitcoins in the present state they are being used as. But lets make a safe estimate of: bitcoins will be successfull for the next 2 years. If you were to buy 1 rig (with my design) for 1950 it would be equipt with 4 6950 generating conservatively 1320 mhash/s. which at todays current price would be $245 per month in bitcoins (at todays difficulty rate) also energy must be added into this calculation. (where I live energy is .081$ per kwhr so I am fortunate) I would pay my rig off in about 8 months. Keep in mind the bitcoin market just hit a bubble low in recent weeks and it would be safe to say (in my opinion) that they will again reach 20$ per bitcoin. Everytime the bitcoins peak you sell your saved up bitcoins for maximum profitability and purchase silver.

Silver has appreciated over 1000% since 2011. Maybe you missed that part where silver has appreciated 1000% since 2001. Buy silver. I would suggest 50% of profits to invest in silver and 50% of profits to be investied into new bitcoin rigs. Mark my words if you follow this plan as an investment strategy you will easily out perform any of your colleagues porfolios 100% in the next 2 years. I am currently in full motion towards this idea and will post pictures from my yacht in 2013, Toodles.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.

- Oscar Wilde

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 12:10:07 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2011, 12:55:04 AM by SgtSpike

HOLY wall of text!  Seriously, I can't read that...

EDIT:  The OP fixed it, thanks!
ThyDude

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 12:20:12 AM

I wonder if all your math is correct?  Huh
1905 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 12:23:25 AM

Well what is your concern mathmatically speaking?

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.

- Oscar Wilde
1905 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 12:24:24 AM

p.s. i will never really own a yacht. Smiley

- Oscar Wilde
ThyDude

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 12:35:44 AM

How much money is being generated each month.

That number seems off to me?

I could be wrong, I'm fairly new.
1905 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 12:44:04 AM

no worries my calculations are being generated through this website: http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator.php

you have to keep into consideration that the bitcoin difficulty generally gets harder although there have been some decreases recently. At 20$ a bitcoin it would generate $447 per month. All bitcoins generated after you pay off your rig investment = 100% profit.

- Oscar Wilde
BlueStaze

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 12:58:18 AM

Yes with the difficulty of the bitcoin it is realy more harder then it's look like
1905 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 01:05:50 AM

^ could you be more specific? Plz Smiley

- Oscar Wilde
dascampman

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 04:41:45 AM

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee             hhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: