Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:12:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any sites accept BitCoins for bullion GOLD/SILVER coins?  (Read 2611 times)
cvicisso (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 01:41:51 PM

I would like to avoid the extra step of converting to PayPal / credit card / etc if at all possible.  My prime directive is to convert BitCoins to GOLD (or Silver) as fast as humanly possible.

Any bullion coin vendors out there accepting bitcoins?

Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dayfall

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 09:34:48 PM

I'm looking for gold and silver also.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 08:22:50 PM

looking to buy gold also
BitcoinMint.US

Activity: 284
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 10:18:15 PM

www.BitcoinMint.US offers Silver, Platinum, Gold, Nickel & Copper American Eagles for purchase with Bitcoins in the US & Canada.

Check out our forum thread here.
fourd00rgtz

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 12:50:51 AM

OR

I've placed a couple orders with them now, shipping took about a week once the order was processed. You can get up to $1k worth for a decent shipping/insurance rate, once you jump over that its the next rate, so depending on your needs sometims its handy to stay under that and get more with your next order.

The variety of products is what atracted me, and various sizes should you need 1/10oz or 100oz.
ForceField
aka Vitaliy

Activity: 386

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 02:41:35 AM

I have one set left of 5 rare Gold coins from Germany:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58753.0

PC Hardware & Electronics For BTC     Traded w/: Kansattica | jduck1987 | shakaru | newdude | nitetrader | midievil | blo8i | mb300sd | juggalodarkclow | Garr255 | Tril | Ringmasta | SysRun | CrazyBlane | sokay | BCB | str4wm4n | PinkBatman | Bitobsessed | matauc12 | antimattercrusader | BryanK
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 02:45:59 AM

OR

I've placed a couple orders with them now, shipping took about a week once the order was processed. You can get up to $1k worth for a decent shipping/insurance rate, once you jump over that its the next rate, so depending on your needs sometims its handy to stay under that and get more with your next order.

The variety of products is what atracted me, and various sizes should you need 1/10oz or 100oz.
did you need to pay tax on your order? I abandoned the shopping cart when I saw sale tax added......
marked

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 02:17:02 PM

bitcoincommodities.com

They also have plans where you can buy over gold and silver bars over a period of time.

marked
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 02:32:12 PM

bitcoincommodities.com

They also have plans where you can buy over gold and silver bars over a period of time.

marked

that would be me, thank you good sir!

I do sell gold and silver.
I deal from my private stash (although I did register the endeavour with my tax authorities), which is pretty substantial.

please check me out: http://bitcoincommodities.com/ and also take a look at my savings plans!

Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 10:00:21 PM

www.BitcoinMint.US offers Silver, Platinum, Gold, Nickel & Copper American Eagles for purchase with Bitcoins in the US & Canada.

Check out our forum thread here.

Kinda pricey...$44+ for 1 oz of silver...sheesh
fourd00rgtz

Activity: 151

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 01:52:31 AM

did you need to pay tax on your order? I abandoned the shopping cart when I saw sale tax added......

No tax on gold/platinum .995 or better and silver .999 or better in Canada. Not sure about elsewhere.
DILLIGAF

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 02:14:55 AM

No tax on gold/platinum .995 or better and silver .999 or better in Canada. Not sure about elsewhere.

Except Manitoba you pay PST there.
Coinabul

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 02:26:08 AM

OR

Hey Bitcool!
We've been having some weird tax issues on our backend.
If you want to send me an email I can help you with a work around if you'd like to place an order without sales tax! My email is Jon [at] Coinabul.com
I believe that taxes are only being applied to certain geographical regions... We've only had this sales tax issue with about one or two orders thus far. We are trying to fix it!

I apologize for this small glitch. Hopefully this unfortunately error will not unjustly mar your opinion of our service. We are still a very secure service providing honest of pricing and superior customer support.

Thanks,
-Jon

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 03:48:45 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2012, 05:49:44 AM by casascius

I have 1000 BTC Casascius Bitcoin gold rounds for $200 over spot. 1oz. Would offer a quantity discount.  You can order without the hologram if you just want the gold round, or with the 1000 BTC and hologram which makes it a real physical bitcoin (you of course must provide the 1000 BTC).

Photo as it will appear in Bitcoin Magazine:

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 05:24:10 AM

Hey Bitcool!
If you want to send me an email I can help you with a work around if you'd like to place an order without sales tax! My email is Jon [at] Coinabul.com
I believe that taxes are only being applied to certain geographical regions... We've only had this sales tax issue with about one or two orders thus far. We are trying to fix it!

I apologize for this small glitch. Hopefully this unfortunately error will not unjustly mar your opinion of our service. We are still a very secure service providing honest of pricing and superior customer support.

Thanks,
-Jon
Thanks for the clarification. Nice to see such a good collection of precious metals, I also like the pleasant design of your site.

The only thing I don't like is the premium (including s&h), I made purchases from a few PM websites, I really think there should be some discount for bitcoin purchases... I am talking about BTC merchant sites in general.   
Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 06:19:49 AM

Hey Bitcool!

Thanks,
-Jon
Thanks for the clarification. Nice to see such a good collection of precious metals, I also like the pleasant design of your site.

The only thing I don't like is the premium (including s&h), I made purchases from a few PM websites, I really think there should be some discount for bitcoin purchases... I am talking about BTC merchant sites in general.   
We try and keep prices as low as possible. Unfortunately our larger competitors are able to easily undercut our prices and are able to negotiate with shipping carriers a lot more readily. We do our best though, we try and pass as much of the savings from using Bitcoin to the consumer as possible.

Thanks,
-Jon

2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:20:31 AM

Hey Bitcool!

Thanks,
-Jon

hi,

although I understand your reasoning, let me explain why there might be a premium on BTC purchases, especially in gold and silver:

gold and silver are traded in USD, this is a simple fact.
if you're having to pay bills and restock in USD or EUR, there is no way around exchanging the BTC for fiat.
however, the BTC market is so volatile and elastic, that every sale can influence the price, especially when you're basicalls FORCDED to trade via mtgox to at least have some liquidity at your disposal.
typical example from last week, where I processed an order over 500 BTC.
if i had just thrown these 500 BTC into the market, I'd lost at least 1% of the value, which is a considerable amount of my margin. also, remember just around new years, where the price spiked from 4.50 to 7?
within two hours of the BTCUSD hitting $7, I received orders for over 1000BTC. while i was nowhere near a computer. for HOURS. the price could've just as easily dropped back down to 5, leaving me with a $2000 hole.

so if, like most if not all BTC shops, you're a very small business, maybe even just one lonely private person trading on his own stash, there is NO way around a little bitty extra unless you want all those people to risk going broke after the next crash.

also, I think most people (miners) think like this: "it cost me maybe 1$ in electricity and hardware to make this Bitcoin, why not spend 10 on a coin that trades for 40$ - even if that's a premium to the 35$ spot price, I still only pay TEN DOLLARS!"

I guess many of my customers are miners who dislike fiat money :-D

One of them has 5GH pointed my way, I send him 10 Silver Harmonics every once in a while. Thus we both even out our risks.
Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2012, 05:47:58 PM

Hey Bitcool!

Thanks,
-Jon

hi,

although I understand your reasoning, let me explain why there might be a premium on BTC purchases, especially in gold and silver:

gold and silver are traded in USD, this is a simple fact.
if you're having to pay bills and restock in USD or EUR, there is no way around exchanging the BTC for fiat.
however, the BTC market is so volatile and elastic, that every sale can influence the price, especially when you're basicalls FORCDED to trade via mtgox to at least have some liquidity at your disposal.
typical example from last week, where I processed an order over 500 BTC.
if i had just thrown these 500 BTC into the market, I'd lost at least 1% of the value, which is a considerable amount of my margin. also, remember just around new years, where the price spiked from 4.50 to 7?
within two hours of the BTCUSD hitting $7, I received orders for over 1000BTC. while i was nowhere near a computer. for HOURS. the price could've just as easily dropped back down to 5, leaving me with a $2000 hole.

so if, like most if not all BTC shops, you're a very small business, maybe even just one lonely private person trading on his own stash, there is NO way around a little bitty extra unless you want all those people to risk going broke after the next crash.

also, I think most people (miners) think like this: "it cost me maybe 1$ in electricity and hardware to make this Bitcoin, why not spend 10 on a coin that trades for 40$ - even if that's a premium to the 35$ spot price, I still only pay TEN DOLLARS!"

I guess many of my customers are miners who dislike fiat money :-D

One of them has 5GH pointed my way, I send him 10 Silver Harmonics every once in a while. Thus we both even out our risks.
Luckily our processing system automatically converts BTC to USD.
But yes, I agree with your point. There's always that currency exchange risk you have to think about when dealing with Bitcoin.

2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 08:25:06 PM

I could also just forward the BTC to mtgGox and have them converted to USD within a matter of minutes.
But besides the problem of chucking an arbitrary number of BTC into a BID of unknown proportions, theres's the matter of currency -  I deal from Germany, which is Euroland - what would I want with a wad of dollars?

Yes, I know, mtgox supports the EUR, but the conditions altogether are less than stellar.

So I assume most of the exchange rate risk and share some of it with my clients -  and try to convert the BTC into EUR via the less frequented european sites.

I also ALWAYS include insurance in my prices, so there's that, too.

Beaflag VonRathburg

Activity: 472

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 08:28:58 PM

Time to do some shopping.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: