Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:23:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Phishing Private Message? CAREFUL  (Read 1362 times)
rezin777 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 12:49:50 PM

Careful. I received a private message suggesting a new version of DiabloMiner that turns 3Ghash/s into 4Ghash/s. A zero post member (SpeedGold) making it look like he sent the message by accident. Sneaky, trying to take advantage of my greed to steal my wallet. I'm sure we will see more of this in the future. I'm certainly not going to see what they've offered in the link.

Message 1:

Hi Jason,

Long time I have not seen you on IRC? What's up?
I do not know if you still use DiabloMiner on your GPU cluster?

I have bought the same config you have and I have tested DiabloMiner
on it. I can produce 3Gh/s. That's quite good.

Yesterday I have talked with Alex, he has developped an optimizated version of DiabloMiner.
He has committed the soft on github: https://github.com/speedygonzalez/OptDiabloMinerII

I have tested it, it's quite good, I can produce 1Gh/s more. You may try it...

I hope to see you soon on IRC!!!

===
Uwe

Message 2:

Oops,
My last mail was not for you, do no consider it.
Sorry,

===
Uwe
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chucksta

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 01:29:57 PM

When I get anything like that through the mail, I send a lot of really nasty images back (zipped). Stuff that would give a sane person nightmares for the rest of their life Smiley Most care of a friend of mine who served in the Balkans conflicts.

I need to comeup with something for those annoying teli sales people. I used to have a device that would send a high pitched tome down the line when a button was pressed. That died after a while. These days I just put the phone down, off the cradle, and leave them talking to themselves Smiley I need to come up with something nasty  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: