Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:30:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make a RPi mining pool?  (Read 1608 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 12:48:38 AM

What exactly do I need to do to make a mining pool with my Raspberry Pi 2? I am looking for an easy to setup software to get everything up and running. A Bitcoin mining pool would be great, but if there is also one for alt coins, then please let me know where or how I could get started.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
staysecure

Activity: 1472
Merit: 505

We are cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 08:30:51 AM

What exactly do I need to do to make a mining pool with my Raspberry Pi 2? I am looking for an easy to setup software to get everything up and running. A Bitcoin mining pool would be great, but if there is also one for alt coins, then please let me know where or how I could get started.  Smiley

Setting up a mining pool on Pi2 or setting up for example BGFminer on Pi2 to miner with for example  Antimner U3 via USB.

I dont know anyone that is running a mining pool on a Pi.  Bitcoin/Altcoin nodes yes but pool with i dont think so. To setup a mining pool get a proper server , plan your pool operation, it would also help if you wrote how many miners you want to have connecting or you just want a pool for yourself, if its a solo case than you dont need a pool and jest setup solo mining.

But do not that there is a tinny chance you will solve a block on your own in maybe 2000 years Smiley

Have fun!

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 09:03:40 PM

Setting up a mining pool on Pi2 or setting up for example BGFminer on Pi2 to miner with for example  Antimner U3 via USB.

I dont know anyone that is running a mining pool on a Pi.  Bitcoin/Altcoin nodes yes but pool with i dont think so. To setup a mining pool get a proper server , plan your pool operation, it would also help if you wrote how many miners you want to have connecting or you just want a pool for yourself, if its a solo case than you dont need a pool and jest setup solo mining.

But do not that there is a tinny chance you will solve a block on your own in maybe 2000 years Smiley

Have fun!

Thanks for your reply. After some research, I have just decided to setup a mining rig instead with my RPi 2 with a couple of antminers connected to it via usb. Then I would set up a web mining dashboard to monitor my mining gear each day. I have found this very useful. You can check it out here: https://getminera.com/

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 11:29:42 PM

You didn't mention the kind of Antminer's, but I would also encourage you to consider one or more of the Gecko Science Compac miners. Very adjustable, way faster than and Antminer U2, and very stable. Antminer U3's have a poor reputation for stability.

Just my two cents.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 12:47:32 AM

You didn't mention the kind of Antminer's, but I would also encourage you to consider one or more of the Gecko Science Compac miners. Very adjustable, way faster than and Antminer U2, and very stable. Antminer U3's have a poor reputation for stability.

Just my two cents.

Sorry, I forgot to mention which I would use for this setup. Now that you mention it, I will connect 1 Antminer S3 + Antminer U2. Also, the Gecko Science Compac miners look very interesting to use for mi RPis. I'll take a look into it. Thank you for your reply.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 09:30:26 AM

you should either look for lower priced electricity, or a model of them with lower power consumption; such as S7, however if you bought it early, then you would probably need a few more months to break even. as well as using raspberry pi 3 instead of 2 if you wanna create a rig once again using them.

using U2 is not the best choice AFAIK, U3 is much better.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 06:43:12 PM

you should either look for lower priced electricity, or a model of them with lower power consumption; such as S7, however if you bought it early, then you would probably need a few more months to break even. as well as using raspberry pi 3 instead of 2 if you wanna create a rig once again using them.

using U2 is not the best choice AFAIK, U3 is much better.

Thanks for the advice. I am currently saving some money to get myself at least an S7 + RPi3 but in the meantime, I would just stake coins into my RPi as I think that I will earn a lot more with it than using my current mining setup. I think that I will leave the RPi2 24/7 just for this task.  Cheesy

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: