Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:04:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fiat Highs: A Gift Horse from the 'Global Elite' for Those In the Know?  (Read 366 times)
rovsky (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 09:03:55 AM

According to Goldman Sachs:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-02-19/goldman-explains-market-best-not-look-gift-horse-mouth
A solid rally today and new cycle highs for US equities – but that’s where the story stops. No obvious catalyst. No bullish data. European stocks traded well, with most people pointing to a better German ZEW print, but it’s not clear why that would translate into such a strong US trading session. Maybe it’s best though not to look a gift-horse in the mouth.

WallStreetOasis has three theories: http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/blog/djia-new-cycle-highs-wait-what-my-theories-on-the-current-market
   Europe is Better: Maybe Europe is better than we all thought. Perhaps Spain actually has a debt to GDP ratio of 85.3%, and that number is totally right and probably fine, as opposed to totally contrived nonsense trying to hide a far worse picture.
   The Current Season of The Bachelor is Driving Economic Growth: Week 7 of The Bachelor attracted nearly 400,000 more viewers than the previous season, which is clearly translating into stronger consumer spending in the US. Is this actually a very likely scenario? No, it's absurd, it's just more likely than Europe being healthier.
    Massive, Coordinated Central Bank Intervention in Developed Economies: As we're all familiar, the Federal Reserve, the BOJ, the BOE, the PBOC, and the ECB have all been engaged in sterilized and (recently) unsterilized market actions. Since the money, as you all know, has to go somewhere, why not equities?

In other words, what we're seeing now are The System's levers being pushed to "11" to keep it afloat... My theory? It's an opportunity for those people who 'get it' to get out while the getting's good (and equity prices are high).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lassi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Burn the wings off those bastards.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 09:07:19 AM

Does that also go for Mango Lassis and Bitcoin prices?

Now it's time for the FTC to put everything Butterfly Labs has done through the magnifying glass and then burn the wings off those bastards.
rovsky (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 06:11:42 PM

Does that also go for Mango Lassis and Bitcoin prices?

If you mean mango lassis like whatever you can buy at Wal Mart, my understanding is sales of those have dropped through the floor. Bitcoin prices are high because that's what they do (ask Satoshi, I'm no math guy).

As for the original premise of this thread -- I so called this.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-21/insider-sales-reach-2-year-high-as-s-p-500-nears-record.html
Corporate executives are taking advantage of near-record U.S. stock prices by selling shares in their companies at the fastest pace in two years.

There were about 12 stock-sale announcements over the past three months for every purchase by insiders at Standard & Poor’s 500 Index (SPX) companies, the highest ratio since January 2011, according to data compiled by Bloomberg and Pavilion Global Markets. Whenever the ratio exceeded 11 in the past, the benchmark index declined 5.9 percent on average in the next six months, according to Pavilion, a Montreal-based trading firm.

"It's the end of the world as we know it... and I feel fine!"

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: