Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:20:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: SATOSHI FINALLY REVEALED!  (Read 42358 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:52:13 AM

So sensitive?
Sensitive? That does not make sense.

I wasn't aware that my casual comments on a BBC article carried such enormous weight here.
I have not even opened that article, nor do I have plans to do so.

Why would anyone claim that he is Satoshi?
Publicity stunt? To manipulate the price? There are plenty of reasons.

where is this signed message??
He hasn't provided one.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:53:47 AM

He's not even using double spaces like Satoshi did.

This isn't even remotely reliable as proof or disproof and only muddies the water further.

Stick with digitally signed messages. Nothing else short of this will be sufficient.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:53:57 AM

he is

Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:55:10 AM

I've said before that this guy isn't Satoshi and I'll say it again.  No need for all this drama, a simple clue is in the writing...

http://www.drcraigwright.net/social-choice-bitcoin-arrows-theorem/

Is one of his blog posts

I think it would be possible for BitDNS to be a completely separate network and separate block chain, yet share CPU power with Bitcoin.  The only overlap is to make it so miners can search for proof-of-work for both networks simultaneously.

The networks wouldn't need any coordination.  Miners would subscribe to both networks in parallel.  They would scan SHA such that if they get a hit, they potentially solve both at once.  A solution may be for just one of the networks if one network has a lower difficulty.

I think an external miner could call getwork on both programs and combine the work.  Maybe call Bitcoin, get work from it, hand it to BitDNS getwork to combine into a combined work.

Instead of fragmentation, networks share and augment each other's total CPU power.  This would solve the problem that if there are multiple networks, they are a danger to each other if the available CPU power gangs up on one.  Instead, all networks in the world would share combined CPU power, increasing the total strength.  It would make it easier for small networks to get started by tapping into a ready base of miners.

Is one of Satoshi's posts

There is a critical but subtle difference, which tells me that Craig Wright is NOT the Satoshi that posted here.

Crag Wright writes blockchain, Satoshi always wrote block chain, with a space.  Why change the habit of a lifetime?

If you really want to find Satoshi, first whittle it down to everyone that writes block chain with a space.

He's not even using double spaces like Satoshi did (everywhere... from the bitcoin whitepaper to his forum posts).

Yeah, I just highlighted the most obvious (and relevant).  There are many occasions where the writing style is very different.

A persons writing style can change of course, but to do so to the extent where it is unrecognizable takes a long time!

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:57:02 AM

This isn't even remotely reliable as proof or disproof and only muddies the water further.

Stick with digitally signed messages. Nothing else short of this will be sufficient.

You realize that a persons writing style can, and is, used in solving crimes (if relevant to the crime) to reduce the number of suspects.

A persons writing style is akin to a signature and is generally unique from person to person.

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
RawDog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:58:54 AM

I'll bet the real Satoshi laughs his damn head off when this shit happens.  He must be having a big belly laugh again today.  Hey Satoshi!  Give us a sign!  lol   Freaking Auzzie is crazy like a lark to try to pull this off. 

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:59:14 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2016, 11:39:43 AM by twister

Is this really true guys???
The whole story will be release soon. The signatures have already been verified by Gavin and GQ btw.
Why not post from your original account Satoshi? In case you have forgotten the password, you can always contact theymos and provide proofs, I am sure he'll be more than happy to reset the account for you. Cheesy Cheesy

PS, You're as much Satoshi as this guy was Mandarin in Ironman 3, remember..  Grin
https://i.imgur.com/TNOdorM.jpg

He cant, Theymos disabled logins on it after it got hacked years ago.
I am sure for REAL Satoshi, theymos will bring that account back no matter what. Wink

Well he better send Theymos a signed message then Smiley

Yeah. But he can't though, can he? Coz he is not Mandarin but Trevor Slattery.  Cheesy

Tony Stark: What are you? What’re you a decoy? You’re a double, right?
The Mandarin: What? Like an understudy? No, absolutely not.
[Tony points his gun at the Mandarin again]
The Mandarin: Don’t hurt the face! I’m an actor.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:01:02 AM

Yap, and there's no need for such analysis, if he is really who he says he is, he can prove it cryptographically.

JustDie

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:01:23 AM

I'll bet the real Satoshi laughs his damn head off when this shit happens.  He must be having a big belly laugh again today.  Hey Satoshi!  Give us a sign!  lol   Freaking Auzzie is crazy like a lark to try to pull this off. 
same here , he will laughing so hard lol
well , how to satoshi give his sign. im smurfing on his profile on this forum he doesnt have address , also the question is the 1st address is what ??

riceberry

Activity: 491

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:01:40 AM

I'm not convinced at all until he shows signed message.
JustDie

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:03:47 AM

I'm not convinced at all until he shows signed message.

from which address ?

do you know his bitcoin address ?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
this thread comment looks like speculation  Lips sealed

DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:03:59 AM

Damn I am very surprised that he came through with his claims. So after reading the article it seems some people have already verified his identity by Wright signing a message and showing the proof to them in a private session but when will the public like us get to see the real facts? I mean the media can regurgitate the news all day long but I want to see the signed message myself.

outatime1

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:05:37 AM

There have been several others that people have suspected to be satoshi over the years but this is the first one that I can remember that actually claimed to be satoshi himself.  It doesn't mean he really is though.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:06:27 AM

We don't need it to be signed from any address, we know Satoshi's PGP Public Key...

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
JustDie

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:07:25 AM

Damn I am very surprised that he came through with his claims. So after reading the article it seems some people have already verified his identity by Wright signing a message and showing the proof to them in a private session but when will the public like us get to see the real facts? I mean the media can regurgitate the news all day long but I want to see the signed message myself.

We don't need it to be signed from any address, we know Satoshi's PGP Public Key...
is he have the pgp public key ?

i think no  Tongue

Inedible

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:08:12 AM

You realize that a persons writing style can, and is, used in solving crimes (if relevant to the crime) to reduce the number of suspects.

A persons writing style is akin to a signature and is generally unique from person to person.

I'm aware that it's used in criminal investigations but I'm not writing expert and sure, you could run a statistical analysis on the writing to determine if the styles are different but the analysis you're referring to is actual handwriting where the writing is unique.

Let's face it though, there's going to be no proof more solid than a digitally signed message. It would be irrelevant what his writing style is.

To prove/disprove that it's not the same person based on a small sample of text and a single space between 'blockchain' is as watertight as the current claim. If you've run the analysis on the handwriting samples then sure but otherwise, this is all muddying of the waters.

If he can produce a signed message then your analysis is wrong. If he can't produce the signed message then your analysis is of no consequence because he hasn't proven anything.

Ultimately, a signed message is all we're looking for.

(This isn't an attack on you, just that people are going to debate back and forward endlessly about this issue when he could easily just prove himself in one action.)

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:11:47 AM

is he have the pgp public key ?

i think no  Tongue

Apparently not, he is going by far fetched messages found at block chain...

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:14:35 AM

I'm operating under vastly different "assumptions".

Satoshi might be anonymous to nearly every common people, but he certainly wasn't anonymous to the government and secret services because they have means at their disposal which common people don't.

This means that secret services can catch him, tell him "cooperate or else" and then take his keys and tell a pretender to play Satoshi with the original Satoshi's keys - while Satoshi is killed or jailed.

I would need either multi-threaded proofs or at least a high level of consistency in Satoshi's behavior.

Single-threaded proofs aren't very reliable for my preference, even "extraordinary proof". Case in point: I once asked a friend of mine... what would it take for you to believe someone is god? Would you believe they are a God if they commanded natural phenomena like the weather - on command? He said yes. I then showed him the sky. I told him to pick any white cloud he liked and point it to me. He told me ok, that's the one. Alright I said, wait a bit. 80-90 seconds later he was like "W T F, how are you doing this" (the cloud was dissolving). I told him "well, obviously I'm god...". Next day, and after I had explained to him the mechanism, he's like "oh it's easy, I was dissolving clouds all morning". So what was enough to declare me a "god" a day prior, the next day was "easily done by anyone". So even the benchmark of "extraordinary proof" can be bullshit, under circumstances.

Just because someone has Satoshi's keys, or coins, doesn't make them Satoshi. Not that I have seen such a thing though.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1352

Cashback 15%

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:17:23 AM

What I'm confused at is why in the world would Gavin Andresen write in his blog that he was "reasonably certain" that Wright is Satoshi himself? Everyone involved in bitcoin is eager to know the why's, how's, what's, and when's on this story.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Inedible

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:17:54 AM

Just because someone has Satoshi's keys, or coins, doesn't make them Satoshi. Not that I have seen such a thing though.

Unfortunately, in the digital world, your identity is only as good as your private key.

Moving some of Satoshi's original Bitcoins is equivalent of watching someone move a mountain.

Sure, he might not be God but to all intents and purposes he might as well be.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: