Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:59:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: SATOSHI FINALLY REVEALED!  (Read 42358 times)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 05:00:31 PM

Don't you think that it is strange that none of the core devs fell for this charade?

(my guess is that you're a Gavin supporter)

Core doesn't like Satoshi's ideas.
i think its likely that even if Satoshi's identity is verified, they will not care about anything he says.
core has there own ideas and  they will shoot down any idea that Satoshi might have and say " thats an appeal to authority " while they use their authority to forever change bitcoin as we know it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 05:02:38 PM

Well if you think that Satoshi's ideas are Craig Wright's then it might be wise of him not to lie about providing the hash of a Sartre document which he supposedly signed with a "copy and pasted" signature from the blockchain. Smiley

And someone who is prepared to be so deceitful is not the kind of Satoshi that I think any of us actually want to support (apart from Gavin it seems).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:02:48 PM

There are no facts I know of why Gavin Andresen's creditability should take any hit so far.

The fact that Gavin has said he believes this guy to be Satoshi when his false signature claim was debunked within hours shows that Gavin has lost all credibility (where is Gavin's response to the debunking?).
The evidence that Gavin (allegedly) saw was not the debunked signature. Gavin has claimed to have seen a signed message from the address that received the coinbase transaction for the block subsidy from block "1".

If this can be proven to be true then I would say that Wright is reasonably satoshi.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 05:04:00 PM

There are no facts I know of why Gavin Andresen's creditability should take any hit so far.

The fact that Gavin has said he believes this guy to be Satoshi when his false signature claim was debunked within hours shows that Gavin has lost all credibility (where is Gavin's response to the debunking?).
The evidence that Gavin (allegedly) saw was not the debunked signature. Gavin has claimed to have seen a signed message from the address that received the coinbase transaction for the block subsidy from block "1".

If this can be proven to be true then I would say that Wright is reasonably satoshi.

If it was true (that he could produce a valid signature) then why would you go to the effort of posting such a hoax on your website?

And why doesn't Gavin just post the public key and signature?

(hint - he can't)

You should perhaps be considering Occam's razor here (the simplest explanation being that Craig Wright does not have the private keys he is claiming to have).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 05:08:37 PM

Well if you think that Satoshi's ideas are Craig Wright's then it might be wise of him not to lie about providing the hash of a Sartre document which he supposedly signed with a "copy and pasted" signature from the blockchain. Smiley

And someone who is prepared to be so deceitful is not the kind of Satoshi that I think any of us actually want to support (apart from Gavin it seems).

he was only giving an example of how to verify a sig not provide proof of being satoshi

he's setting the stage

Satoshi is not amused

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 05:10:18 PM

he was only giving an example of how to verify a sig not provide proof of being satoshi

I think you should just look at Coblee's post (no need for the big song and dance and especially showing a bunch of console stuff that is meaningless to 99.9% of people).

This is simply typical misdirection.

And if you are so sure that this guy is Satoshi would you care to take a (say 10 BTC) bet on it?

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:14:58 PM

If it was true (that he could produce a valid signature) then why would you go to the effort of posting such a hoax on your website?
It has been speculated that Wright was providing journalists a way/method to verify a signed message (believe it or not, very few people have the technical understanding of encryption to understand what a signed message really means).

And why doesn't Gavin just post the public key and signature?

(hint - he can't)
It has been said that Gavin was not able to keep the signed message.
You should perhaps be considering Occam's razor here (the simplest explanation being that Craig Wright does not have the private keys he is claiming to have).

That is possible, maybe even probable. I am not currently convinced that Wright is satoshi, however I don't think it is possible to disprove this either. I am willing to keep an open mind and consider additional evidence as it comes out.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 05:18:27 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1459550.msg14743468#msg14743468

(what I think might possibly happen next)

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1557

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 05:44:51 PM

Scanned last few pages and didn't see anyone posting this:

The Bitcoin affair: Craig Wright 'to move' Satoshi coin
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36193006

Craig Wright's spokesman told the BBC that he would "move a coin from an early block" belonging to the crypto-currency's inventor "in the coming days".

So what happens if he actually does it? Proof good enough?

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
ie007cheung

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:47:54 PM

If true then the whole story will become even more interesting. Smiley
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 05:50:34 PM

Craig Wright's spokesman told the BBC that he would "move a coin from an early block" belonging to the crypto-currency's inventor "in the coming days".

how will mr. wright prove that HE moved the coins and not Gavin Andresen or anyone else? Maybe SN handed over some of the early blocks? or SN is already passed away and now Gavin or mr. wright try to get some blocks from the family of SN.

EDIT: why this announcment w/o action? is there some preperation needed?

PinkLlama

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:51:22 PM

how will mr. wright prove that HE moved the coins and not Gavin Andresen or anyone else? Maybe SN handed over some of the early blocks? or SN is already passed away and now Gavin or mr. wright try to get some blocks from the family of SN.

Satoshi is dead?

Developing great Bitcoin tools for the community
Slowturtleinc

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:52:25 PM

Why is this being dragged out so long,if he is the dude he could make it obvious very quickly.
My mother called me and the first thing she tells me is they found out who created bitcoin and she now claims to know more than me about it. She tells me it is actually a Chinese currency they needed as a alternative to their current setup. Shes a old lady and I amuse her but now I am starting to wonder about the general publics view on this.

Get on with it already!

██████████            Gunthar: Fast and Serious Lending Service
█████████       ●●●● ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● ●●●●
██████████    ●●●● Don't loose your collateral: refinance with us ●●●●
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 05:53:57 PM

Satoshi is dead?

not very unlikely. Hal Finney passed away unfortunetly.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 05:55:57 PM

Satoshi is dead?

not very unlikely. hal finney passed away unfortunetly.

satoshi died from a heart attack when gavin told him he was going to meet with the FBI.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 05:59:06 PM

Satoshi is dead?

Although Hal does plan on coming back and I am pretty certain he does know the true identity of SN. Maybe he will tell people in a few hundred years if he comes back.
for real?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Finney_(computer_scientist)
Hal Finney died in Phoenix August 28, 2014 and was cryopreserved by the Alcor Life Extension Foundation.

well i'll be damned.

Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 06:01:33 PM

Satoshi is dead?

satoshi died from a heart attack when gavin told him he was going to meet with the FBI.

mr. wright must be sure that SN is not able anymore to reveal his true identity. otherwise the agenda of mr. wright has a high risk of failure. so it is very likely that mr. wright knows the true identity of SN.

for me it's also clear that gavin andresen knows the true identity of SN. otherwise he would not cooperate with mr. wright's agenda.

Core stick to your plans. big drama is coming.

practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:06:34 PM

And if you are so sure that this guy is Satoshi would you care to take a (say 10 BTC) bet on it?

What would you take as irrefutable proof ?
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:13:52 PM

I believe the closest we have to Satoshi these last years, is this: https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-August/010238.html

That particular email is not known to be hacked (but we can't say for sure that it isn't), there is no spoofing involved, and he also had to register and verify the email to the mailing list:

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-August/010329.html
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-August/010327.html
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-August/010334.html

The writing style and essence of what is written does not have any troll like qualities like the spoofed "I'm not craig wright, we are all satoshi" message that appeared a few months later. The August one isn't spoofed, it is serious and consistent in writing style, while also trying to "sneak in" some comment of concern for bitcoin itself - as far as node incentives go. Kind'a like, since I broke my silence, let me also say this that is bothering me for a while.

As far as I'm concerned it is legit with very high probability. Which, in turn, would imply that if I'm right then Satoshi was alive a few months ago. It would also imply that Craig Wright writing with one space, instead of two, is fraudulent, and that no writing style change has occurred for Satoshi, despite the passing of time since 2010.
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 06:15:03 PM

What would you take as irrefutable proof ?

in real there is nothing! if SN already passed away his family could have access to all including the true PGP private key.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: