Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:24:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: SATOSHI FINALLY REVEALED!  (Read 42357 times)
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:33:15 AM

The market cares to the tune of $12 (circa $50mn) as of the moment. I am thinking of buying the dip here.

Yeah I thought to sell, but then I declined. It's weird to know who he is, and I'm sure people are a touch nervous about him having 1 million bitcoin, but at the same time- before an unknown person had all those bitcoin. So at least we know who he is. And he has a pretty clear interest in helping bitcoin thrive, so, maybe it's better this way. At least we no longer need to deal with media reports about a "secret unknown hacker". On the other side, it might not be nice to have a public face of bitcoin. That said, other coins like litecoin or etherium do just fine with everyone knowing who started them. Maybe Satoshi can bring some balance to the politics of bitcoin.

Well, it was a nice story to tell people about this decentralized technology founded by an anonymous guy...

Agreed, but looks like we can still keep the story alive:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=11609707

I can understand he could have been able to fool the media outlets, but how was he able to fool Gavin and Jon Matonis?

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:35:37 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2016, 10:45:58 AM by Fuserleer

I've said before that this guy isn't Satoshi and I'll say it again.  No need for all this drama, a simple clue is in the writing...

http://www.drcraigwright.net/social-choice-bitcoin-arrows-theorem/

Is one of his blog posts

I think it would be possible for BitDNS to be a completely separate network and separate block chain, yet share CPU power with Bitcoin.  The only overlap is to make it so miners can search for proof-of-work for both networks simultaneously.

The networks wouldn't need any coordination.  Miners would subscribe to both networks in parallel.  They would scan SHA such that if they get a hit, they potentially solve both at once.  A solution may be for just one of the networks if one network has a lower difficulty.

I think an external miner could call getwork on both programs and combine the work.  Maybe call Bitcoin, get work from it, hand it to BitDNS getwork to combine into a combined work.

Instead of fragmentation, networks share and augment each other's total CPU power.  This would solve the problem that if there are multiple networks, they are a danger to each other if the available CPU power gangs up on one.  Instead, all networks in the world would share combined CPU power, increasing the total strength.  It would make it easier for small networks to get started by tapping into a ready base of miners.

Is one of Satoshi's posts

There is a critical but subtle difference, which tells me that Craig Wright is NOT the Satoshi that posted here.

Crag Wright writes blockchain, Satoshi always wrote block chain, with a space.  Why change the habit of a lifetime?

If you really want to find Satoshi, first whittle it down to everyone that writes block chain with a space.

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
RawDog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:36:06 AM

I can understand he could have been able to fool the media outlets, but how was he able to foll Gavin and Jon Matonis?

It is impressive if he really got Gavin to believe this.  Fucking hilarious.  Now they revoked Gavin's commit key for being an idiot.  It doesn't get better than this.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:38:02 AM

Is this really true guys???
The whole story will be release soon. The signatures have already been verified by Gavin and GQ btw.

Native English speakers don't usually make typos like that. Bye.
ROT13

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:38:08 AM

Given the current time in the United States, when most of the nation is asleep (between ~2am West coast and ~5am East coast), the fact that Gavin's blog has been updated during this time with a very significant blog post which hasn't been shared on his twitter etc, and the suspect and sketchy information on the "cryptographic proof" I personally am highly suspicious this is a hack and part of some ploy to manipulate the price to achieve some other end in the next few hours.

Will be very interesting to see whether certain people in the american bitcoin community will wake up and refute his claims in the next 12 or so hours.  
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:41:22 AM

The whole story will be release soon. The signatures have already been verified by Gavin and GQ btw.
Why not post from your original account Satoshi? In case you have forgotten the password, you can always contact theymos and provide proofs, I am sure he'll be more than happy to reset the account for you. Cheesy Cheesy

PS, You're as much Satoshi as this guy was Mandarin in Ironman 3, remember..  Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:43:00 AM

Why not post from your original account Satoshi? In case you have forgotten the password, you can always contact theymos and provide proofs, I am sure he'll be more than happy to reset the account for you. Cheesy Cheesy

PS, You're as much Satoshi as this guy was Mandarin in Ironman 3, remember..  Grin

Satoshi's answer: Dude, I'm too old for that shit.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:43:48 AM

He cant, Theymos disabled logins on it after it got hacked years ago.

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:44:16 AM

Given the current time in the United States, when most of the nation is asleep (between ~2am West coast and ~5am East coast), the fact that Gavin's blog has been updated during this time with a very significant blog post which hasn't been shared on his twitter etc, and the suspect and sketchy information on the "cryptographic proof" I personally am highly suspicious this is a hack and part of some ploy to manipulate the price to achieve some other end in the next few hours.

Will be very interesting to see whether certain people in the american bitcoin community will wake up and refute his claims in the next 12 or so hours.  

And the plot thickens, although amusing I think it's unlikely, the guy would be arrested for all these fraud and hacking, but no doubt there's something odd with this all story.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:45:43 AM

Nope, and I don't really care to either. Frankly it's not that critically important to me. While I've met the other core developers, it doesn't matter to me who Satoshi really is. If it's this guy, then fine, if it's another scam- just another day in bitcoin land.
Then please do not make statements that confirm "X is S. Nakamoto", when "X is a fraud". You are not helping by spreading misinformation.

So sensitive? I wasn't aware that my casual comments on a BBC article carried such enormous weight here. Might I interest someone in buying a bridge? Or in this case, 1 million bitcoin? ;-)  

more or less retired.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:46:02 AM

Not going to read the whole eight pages that was made only within a few hours - fours hours to be more exact. This thread is becoming a hot thread now.

Anyway, I do hope that BBC or whatever medias will give us a more solid proof that this person is really Satoshi Nakamoto. As far as I can read, I do not see any 'digital signed' message from the first few blocks.

This news is going to pump (or maybe dump) Bitcoin price soon after it spread out into social media platform. Let's just hope that the price will go positive.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:46:25 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2016, 11:40:27 AM by twister

PS, You're as much Satoshi as this guy was Mandarin in Ironman 3, remember..  Grin
https://i.imgur.com/TNOdorM.jpg

I am sure for REAL Satoshi, theymos will bring that account back no matter what. Wink

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:47:08 AM

PS, You're as much Satoshi as this guy was Mandarin in Ironman 3, remember..  Grin

I am sure for REAL Satoshi, theymos will bring that account back no matter what. Wink

Well he better send Theymos a signed message then Smiley

Radix - DLT x.0

icet208

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:48:16 AM

Damn I`m glad he is not the real Satoshi Cheesy
Why would anyone claim that he is Satoshi?
a real idiot embarrassing himself...
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 2536

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:48:39 AM

OK I'm confused... the video acts as if he has signed a message but I'm not seeing proof of this?  where is this signed message??   

Also, why do I feel like Gavin has something to do with this announcement?

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
(¯`·.¸¸.-> °º [ BPIP ] º° <-.¸¸.·´¯)
๑๑۞๑,¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸,๑۞๑๑
:•: Most Merit | Most Activity | Most Trusted | Most Recognized
:•: Flag Log | Most Merited Threads | DT Change Log | Most Deleted by Mods
:•: ıllıllı Sheeple ~ The System ~ Free World ~ Don't look down (NSFW) ~ Hook ~ Brainwashed ıllıllı
Inedible

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:49:25 AM

This news is going to pump (or maybe dump) Bitcoin price soon after it spread out into social media platform. Let's just hope that the price will go positive.

Aren't you able to check the live price from where you are? The price has already dropped and stabilised at around 440.

When the Americans wake up, the price should fall a little more.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood. 1N6rmaDiPf8ke3mx8217NykAMDZXkX713x
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:50:18 AM

Damn I`m glad he is not the real Satoshi Cheesy
Why would anyone claim that he is Satoshi?
a real idiot embarrassing himself...

To fool and scam  the creditors on his tail... He has already pulled that one last year...

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1045

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:50:46 AM

I've said before that this guy isn't Satoshi and I'll say it again.  No need for all this drama, a simple clue is in the writing...

http://www.drcraigwright.net/social-choice-bitcoin-arrows-theorem/

Is one of his blog posts

I think it would be possible for BitDNS to be a completely separate network and separate block chain, yet share CPU power with Bitcoin.  The only overlap is to make it so miners can search for proof-of-work for both networks simultaneously.

The networks wouldn't need any coordination.  Miners would subscribe to both networks in parallel.  They would scan SHA such that if they get a hit, they potentially solve both at once.  A solution may be for just one of the networks if one network has a lower difficulty.

I think an external miner could call getwork on both programs and combine the work.  Maybe call Bitcoin, get work from it, hand it to BitDNS getwork to combine into a combined work.

Instead of fragmentation, networks share and augment each other's total CPU power.  This would solve the problem that if there are multiple networks, they are a danger to each other if the available CPU power gangs up on one.  Instead, all networks in the world would share combined CPU power, increasing the total strength.  It would make it easier for small networks to get started by tapping into a ready base of miners.

Is one of Satoshi's posts

There is a critical but subtle difference, which tells me that Craig Wright is NOT the Satoshi that posted here.

Crag Wright writes blockchain, Satoshi always wrote block chain, with a space.  Why change the habit of a lifetime?

If you really want to find Satoshi, first whittle it down to everyone that writes block chain with a space.

He's not even using double spaces like Satoshi did (everywhere... from the bitcoin whitepaper to his forum posts).
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:51:00 AM

https://dankaminsky.com/2016/05/02/validating-satoshi-or-not/

Dan Kaminsky isn't being fooled either.
alex7689

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:51:12 AM

In response Mr Wright says that, although he was the principal author of the white paper, he had extensive help from his friend Dave Kleiman, an American computer-forensics expert who died in 2013.

extensive help = 98% of the work i guess  Tongue

And then, as mentioned before, there is always the possibility that he could have obtained the keys from someone else, perhaps Hal Finney or Dave Kleiman. Since both are dead, they cannot be asked.

This sounds more likely. I wonder if Wright was also involved in some way as part of "Satoshi", maybe doing some of the public Satoshi writing and developing the Satoshi philosophy, but Kleiman did all of the technical stuff and had the keys. That could explain why Gavin was convinced by meeting Wright. Also, if Wright was involved in some way then he might have picked up a test document (the Sartre) that Kleiman signed back in the day.

I think the Economist article (http://www.economist.com/news/briefings/21698061-craig-steven-wright-claims-be-satoshi-nakamoto-bitcoin) is quite thorough, but this is the telling point:

And he rejected the idea of having The Economist send him another text to sign as proof that he actually possesses these private keys, rather than simply being the first to publish a proof which was generated at some point in the past by somebody else. Either people believe him now—or they don’t, he says. “I’m not going to keep jumping through hoops.”

If he really wants to show he it Satoshi, which it what he claims to want right now, then he'd be happy to sign a message including something recent (an article from today's New York Times or something) plus the message "Craig Wright = Satoshi Nakamoto" and wouldn't whinge about hoops.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: